Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:57 am

This thread was inspired by a facebook quiz that I saw posted on another site a few weeks ago. I would have to have to dig up the link and that will take some time that I don't have right now. The questions within the quiz were worded in such a way that people were basically asked whether they preferred MJ with black or white skin. Initially, I was offended by the questions but later tried to learn why the questions were posed. So I am going to ask a tough question. Not tough for me but perhaps tough for others to answer...honestly. Race and ethnicity is sometimes the "elephant in the room" that people dislike talking about and often ignore. The question will not be asked to create a division among this group. It is asked to simply understand where people's heads are regarding Michael Jackson's skin color and whether that played any part of their attraction to him.

Does Michael's skin color have an influence on why you are physically attracted to him. If so, why?

Once a few people have responded, I will share a conversation that I had with someone over 20 years ago that spoke directly to this question. BTW- For the new members who may not have been aware, I am a Black female.
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by Give.In.To.Me on Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:58 am

I love MJ...not his skin color!
avatar
Give.In.To.Me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 422
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01
Leeftijd : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by ballongiraf on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:03 am

your personality is what's important, not the color of your skin.
avatar
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 37
Woonplaats : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by Smelly on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:06 am

I 100% agree with Ballon and GITM
avatar
Smelly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 665
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : UK, London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:10 am

I agree also.....MJ IS HOT STUFF!!!!!!

And it dont matter if hes black or white !!!! lol

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by MJJ1982 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:18 am

I love him because of him being just Michael, even if he was purple.
avatar
MJJ1982
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 578
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-03
Leeftijd : 35
Woonplaats : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by DreamsComeTrue on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:25 am

I don't want to be the black sheep in here, but I'm inlove with his BEAUTIFUL white skin...and if would have to choose Michael from a different era, I'll choose Michael from the last 5 years....HE'S SO HOT!
I like him mature!

But don't get me wrong...I like black people! I wish I had a darker skin!
So if Michael would have been black 'till now, I would have loved him anyway!
avatar
DreamsComeTrue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11
Leeftijd : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by dirty_diana on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:29 am

oh my god, NO WAY! I love any skin color! I love Michael's skin color! He's insanely hot, black, white, pink... ANYTHING!

"...but, if you're thinkin' about my baby, it don't matter if you're black or white!"

avatar
dirty_diana
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 68
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-08
Woonplaats : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:30 am

Sweetie you are not the black sheep. I am...lol.

Thanks for your reply.

DreamsComeTrue wrote:I don't want to be the black sheep in here, but I'm inlove with his BEAUTIFUL white skin...and if would have to choose Michael from a different era, I'll choose Michael from the last 5 years....HE'S SO HOT!
I like him mature!

But don't get me wrong...I like black people! I wish I had a darker skin!
So if Michael would have been black 'till now, I would have loved him anyway!
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by just_friend on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:31 am

I love Michael the way he is!! I love him any colour!!!
avatar
just_friend
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 232
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by J.J_loves_MJ on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:34 am

I dont care. I love Michael for what he is not for the colour of his skin.
avatar
J.J_loves_MJ
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 143
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 31
Woonplaats : Michael's Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by DreamsComeTrue on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:47 am

GirlSaturday wrote:Sweetie you are not the black sheep. I am...lol.

Thanks for your reply.

DreamsComeTrue wrote:I don't want to be the black sheep in here, but I'm inlove with his BEAUTIFUL white skin...and if would have to choose Michael from a different era, I'll choose Michael from the last 5 years....HE'S SO HOT!
I like him mature!

But don't get me wrong...I like black people! I wish I had a darker skin!
So if Michael would have been black 'till now, I would have loved him anyway!

Thanks! I feel bad for liking him this way! But I'm just being onest! His porcelan skin is like a rare diamond!
And If I start to talk about all he's qualities, I might need a lot of time to do that!
And don't worry, I love his black qualities ¨downstairs¨.
avatar
DreamsComeTrue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11
Leeftijd : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:55 am

Long before MJ revealed in 1993 that he had the skin condition, vitiligio, fans noticed the lightening of his skin color. This was especially true for Black fans. Many of us wondered what was going on and if this was some effort on MJ's part to change his skin color to appeal to more white people.

As noted before, race/ethnicity is like the gigantic elephant in the room that many choose to ignore and avoid discussing.

It was also during the time of the treatments for vitiligio that conversations popped up questioning why Michael seemed to become so much more appealing to white female fans. The converation focused on whether it is easier for these white females to be attracted to a Black man if he doesn't look Black. If he suddenly takes on non-Black facial features and his skin lightens to no longer look Black, is it then considered acceptable and okay to openly express physical attraction to him. The subconscious mind can take people many places.

Looking back on that conversation, the increase in his popularity may have simply been the result of his music's popularity. It could also be attributed to a new subconscious acceptance for Michael now that he looked like his white fans.

At that time, I walked away from the conversation unsure. I had forgotten all about it until I saw the facebook quiz and the comments of people who are white and clearly made it a point to express their preference for the lighter skinned MJ. Many barely spoke of the Black MJ or expressed any attraction to him during that period in his life. With some posters, he didn't become attractive until he became white.

The question that cannot be answered now or ever is: Would a Black MJ have risen to the heights of success and been physically adored by so many?

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate that you guys took the time to share.
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:58 am

I'll let you in on a little secret. That myth about "down there" does NOT apply to all Black men.
Some were absent when those gifts were being passed out.

DreamsComeTrue wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:Sweetie you are not the black sheep. I am...lol.

Thanks for your reply.

DreamsComeTrue wrote:I don't want to be the black sheep in here, but I'm inlove with his BEAUTIFUL white skin...and if would have to choose Michael from a different era, I'll choose Michael from the last 5 years....HE'S SO HOT!
I like him mature!

But don't get me wrong...I like black people! I wish I had a darker skin!
So if Michael would have been black 'till now, I would have loved him anyway!

Thanks! I feel bad for liking him this way! But I'm just being onest! His porcelan skin is like a rare diamond!
And If I start to talk about all he's qualities, I might need a lot of time to do that!
And don't worry, I love his black qualities ¨downstairs¨.


Last edited by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by EarthAngel90 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 am

Don't care what color Michael is .... he is a beautiful person inside & out ...
avatar
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 27
Woonplaats : Fort Worth , TX - USA

View user profile http://Youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:11 am

Please do not feel bad for expressing your personal opinion. I have a sister who once said "Before you ask a question, make certain that you can handle the answer".

Your honesty is greatly appreciated.

DreamsComeTrue wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:Sweetie you are not the black sheep. I am...lol.

Thanks for your reply.

DreamsComeTrue wrote:I don't want to be the black sheep in here, but I'm inlove with his BEAUTIFUL white skin...and if would have to choose Michael from a different era, I'll choose Michael from the last 5 years....HE'S SO HOT!
I like him mature!

But don't get me wrong...I like black people! I wish I had a darker skin!
So if Michael would have been black 'till now, I would have loved him anyway!

Thanks! I feel bad for liking him this way! But I'm just being onest! His porcelan skin is like a rare diamond!
And If I start to talk about all he's qualities, I might need a lot of time to do that!
And don't worry, I love his black qualities ¨downstairs¨.
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by DreamsComeTrue on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:20 am

GirlSaturday wrote:I'll let you in on a little secret. That myth about "down there" doesn't NOT apply to all Black men.
Some were absent when those gifts were being passed out.

DreamsComeTrue wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:Sweetie you are not the black sheep. I am...lol.

Thanks for your reply.

DreamsComeTrue wrote:I don't want to be the black sheep in here, but I'm inlove with his BEAUTIFUL white skin...and if would have to choose Michael from a different era, I'll choose Michael from the last 5 years....HE'S SO HOT!
I like him mature!

But don't get me wrong...I like black people! I wish I had a darker skin!
So if Michael would have been black 'till now, I would have loved him anyway!

Thanks! I feel bad for liking him this way! But I'm just being onest! His porcelan skin is like a rare diamond!
And If I start to talk about all he's qualities, I might need a lot of time to do that!
And don't worry, I love his black qualities ¨downstairs¨.

Gosh, you're funny! But I'm sure Michael was there...

Yeah, no doubt he was there to receive the gift!



As for Michael's skin, I think if he had a posibility to chose his color skin, would have been his natural black skin!
And I think the colour of the person doesn't matter at all! You shouldn't worry about that, people who make differences at this point, are ignorant! We all are brothers and sisters! And Michael taught how to love each other!
So I give you a strong hug, sis'! {{{HUGS}}}
avatar
DreamsComeTrue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11
Leeftijd : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by MJFoReVeRandAlways on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:42 am

Same here, he could be rainbow colored for all I care. It´s the essence of just being him what´s the best about him.
avatar
MJFoReVeRandAlways
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 808
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-27
Leeftijd : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by YveLoVesMJ on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:57 am

I don't care about his skin colour, I love him because he's an amazing person. I could hug him all day long Very Happy
avatar
YveLoVesMJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 386
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11
Woonplaats : Magicland, un tărâm dintr-o ţară îndepărtată

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by MJfan777 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:58 am

i love mj black, white, blue, red, yellow ...him color is not important but his soul, his heart, his love, music ... it is rly important to me.
avatar
MJfan777
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 316
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by emanviam on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:23 am

Michael was HOT black, white, young, old....beautiful creature from Gd!!!
avatar
emanviam
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 512
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 42
Woonplaats : United States of America

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/emanviam

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by Harleyblonde on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:29 am

Doesn't matter at the end of the day a colour of a skin but I love black skin, I am a blue eyed blonde and am married to a Kenyan who is dark, I love his skin and his dreadlocks. I first loved Michael when he was black and kept on loving him and is sad really as he was accused of bleaching his skin repeatedly and he must have suffered with the vitiligo. Maybe is why he had so much surgery as he ended up very white and he wouldn't have looked right without white features. Whatever-we love him black or white!
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by Human_nature on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:10 am

Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day."


Last edited by Human_nature on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 41
Woonplaats : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by MJSmile4Us on Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:42 am

no and I loved MJ and still does from his Thriller years to now. and I agree with ballongiraf - what's inside is important not the outside - if someone is handsome and just drop dead gorgeous but with a hot-temper and has rude manner, he's a goner
avatar
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by yaya on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:01 am

i have LOVED michael since i was young enough to understand what i see on tv. his skin color had nothing to do with it. throughout every single transition he made, my feelings toward him and physical attraction have remained the same. he could be as white as paper or as black as my laptop...or anything in between...it doesn't change anything for me
avatar
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 33
Woonplaats : Central Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by nlb on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:02 am

GirlSaturday wrote:Long before MJ revealed in 1993 that he had the skin condition, vitiligio, fans noticed the lightening of his skin color. This was especially true for Black fans. Many of us wondered what was going on and if this was some effort on MJ's part to change his skin color to appeal to more white people.

As noted before, race/ethnicity is like the gigantic elephant in the room that many choose to ignore and avoid discussing.

It was also during the time of the treatments for vitiligio that conversations popped up questioning why Michael seemed to become so much more appealing to white female fans. The converation focused on whether it is easier for these white females to be attracted to a Black man if he doesn't look Black. If he suddenly takes on non-Black facial features and his skin lightens to no longer look Black, is it then considered acceptable and okay to openly express physical attraction to him. The subconscious mind can take people many places.

Looking back on that conversation, the increase in his popularity may have simply been the result of his music's popularity. It could also be attributed to a new subconscious acceptance for Michael now that he looked like his white fans.

At that time, I walked away from the conversation unsure. I had forgotten all about it until I saw the facebook quiz and the comments of people who are white and clearly made it a point to express their preference for the lighter skinned MJ. Many barely spoke of the Black MJ or expressed any attraction to him during that period in his life. With some posters, he didn't become attractive until he became white.

The question that cannot be answered now or ever is: Would a Black MJ have risen to the heights of success and been physically adored by so many?

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate that you guys took the time to share.

This is interesting, because as a white girl I have friends that won't admit being attracted to a black man. Growing up, race was never an issue in my house. My parents taught us that what was on the inside was important. Sadly, not all my friends were lucky like that and feel guilty for expressing that find someone of another race attractive.

I agree with Human Nature, in regards to what attracts me to a person it's the eyes. I fell in love with Michael way back in the days of Billie Jean, Beat It, and Thriller. I was approaching my teens and he was my first major crush.
avatar
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 45
Woonplaats : PA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by dunno_it on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:35 am

I would still love Michael if he was a yellow, gay, or a woman. I don't care! I would sill love him even if he HAD bleached his skin. What you do to your body is your business. He can have as many nose jobs as he wants. He has every right to change his appearance.
Sadly, in my country there are very few Black people. However, (white) females seem to prefer the Black MJ from the Thriller era. That's the general tendency I have noticed. My dad also prefers him Black, this is kinda interesting.
avatar
dunno_it
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 262
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 am

I was born in 1960. Race has always been an issue in the world around me. Despite being taught to treat others equally, I learned as a small child that many others were not taught such lessons. I recall having a playmate who would come inside my house to play yet I was not allowed to go inside her house. We always had to play outside. Children aged, 6, do not automatically make a racial connection to this type of discrepancy. It wasn't until I returned home one day that I learned that something was wrong with that arrangement. One day, I had to use the bathroom but I wasn't allowed to use my playmate's bathroom, so I walked home to use my own. My mother asked me what was going on and I explained that I came home to use the bathroom. When she was told that I couldn't use my friend's bathroom, my mother pulled me aside and explained what was going on. Also, I did notice as my younger brother grew from child to teenager that quite a few of his white friend's parents started to discourage interaction. The teenage years involve more social interaction by the opposite sex and opens the doors for dating. It appeared that there were parents wanting to stop the possibility of interracial dating between my brother and his friends. I could go on and on but that was not the purpose for this thread.

Again, thanks to all who took the time to respond.

nlb wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:Long before MJ revealed in 1993 that he had the skin condition, vitiligio, fans noticed the lightening of his skin color. This was especially true for Black fans. Many of us wondered what was going on and if this was some effort on MJ's part to change his skin color to appeal to more white people.

As noted before, race/ethnicity is like the gigantic elephant in the room that many choose to ignore and avoid discussing.

It was also during the time of the treatments for vitiligio that conversations popped up questioning why Michael seemed to become so much more appealing to white female fans. The converation focused on whether it is easier for these white females to be attracted to a Black man if he doesn't look Black. If he suddenly takes on non-Black facial features and his skin lightens to no longer look Black, is it then considered acceptable and okay to openly express physical attraction to him. The subconscious mind can take people many places.

Looking back on that conversation, the increase in his popularity may have simply been the result of his music's popularity. It could also be attributed to a new subconscious acceptance for Michael now that he looked like his white fans.

At that time, I walked away from the conversation unsure. I had forgotten all about it until I saw the facebook quiz and the comments of people who are white and clearly made it a point to express their preference for the lighter skinned MJ. Many barely spoke of the Black MJ or expressed any attraction to him during that period in his life. With some posters, he didn't become attractive until he became white.

The question that cannot be answered now or ever is: Would a Black MJ have risen to the heights of success and been physically adored by so many?

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate that you guys took the time to share.

This is interesting, because as a white girl I have friends that won't admit being attracted to a black man. Growing up, race was never an issue in my house. My parents taught us that what was on the inside was important. Sadly, not all my friends were lucky like that and feel guilty for expressing that find someone of another race attractive.

I agree with Human Nature, in regards to what attracts me to a person it's the eyes. I fell in love with Michael way back in the days of Billie Jean, Beat It, and Thriller. I was approaching my teens and he was my first major crush.
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:01 am

Depending on your father's age, it could be the darker Michael that he became familiar with back when Michael sang with his brothers.

dunno_it wrote:I would still love Michael if he was a yellow, gay, or a woman. I don't care! I would sill love him even if he HAD bleached his skin. What you do to your body is your business. He can have as many nose jobs as he wants. He has every right to change his appearance.
Sadly, in my country there are very few Black people. However, (white) females seem to prefer the Black MJ from the Thriller era. That's the general tendency I have noticed. My dad also prefers him Black, this is kinda interesting.
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by neverlandprincess on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 am

I was six years old when I first "discovered" Michael Jackson -I think I saw a Pepsi commercial. It was the "Bad" period. I was in love! I thought he was gorgous-now he was becoming lighter in that era-not as light as he was last year-not as dark as Thriller. I was a white child who at that time thought black people were alot more attractive then white people-however at that time I was too young to realize Michael Jackson was even black and that his lightness was a problem for some people.
Since that time I have always found Michael Jackson incredibly sexy. Everything about him-right down to his eyeliner-I used to get made fun of from other girls-(when HIStory came out) because,according to them, "Michael jackson was a freak who got his skin bleached and looks like a woman". I didnt think he looked like a woman-he had a prettiness-but if a woman came toward me who moved liked Michael-I just might run. I also had enough sense to know that skin bleaching would not make your skin porcelin colored-hello lets think for a minute before we speak.
I think he was absolutley gorgeous in the Thriller era-very suave. Honestly when you study his features closely from Thriller to Dangerous ,Michael does not look that differant,its just he really HAD to wear more makeup and have special lighting-otherwise we would not have been able to SEE his features. I believe him when he says he only had two nose surgeries...his chin didnt look any differant in the Thriller era-its just that later he had no shadows on his skin. It is sad really-like he said in the "Oprah" interview "Why does it even matter". This was something very embarrassing for him that he had to answer OVER and OVER-the same stupid questions...then because he had a softer look alot of people thought he was gay...I am sorry that mans music oozed hetrosexuality. It is like his identity on every level was attacked because he had a disease he could not help.
I think Michael was hot in 84 and he was hot in 92...I think he was "prettier" in 92 ,the make up and his personality made that disorder work well...he really did look like a porcelien doll.
Do I think he would have rose to such heights if his skin had not changed-yes I do. I really do. Thriller was THE BEST SELLING album -and he was dark then. It was just perfect music sang by someone who FELT what he was singing-like he said as a child "I dont sing it if I dont mean it"-then OMG no one can or will ever outdance Michael. There may not have been as much question,speculation or mystery surrounding him if the change had not occured,but I believe he would have stayed on top.
avatar
neverlandprincess
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34
Woonplaats : Alabama,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by DreamsComeTrue on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:09 am

dunno_it wrote:I would still love Michael if he was a yellow, gay, or a woman. I don't care! I would sill love him even if he HAD bleached his skin. What you do to your body is your business. He can have as many nose jobs as he wants. He has every right to change his appearance.
Sadly, in my country there are very few Black people. However, (white) females seem to prefer the Black MJ from the Thriller era. That's the general tendency I have noticed. My dad also prefers him Black, this is kinda interesting.

Gosh, you are so funny! I so agree with your opinion!

And for the other comments, wasn't the question only about the physical appearance?
avatar
DreamsComeTrue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11
Leeftijd : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by neverlandprincess on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:10 am

GirlSaturday wrote:Depending on your father's age, it could be the darker Michael that he became familiar with back when Michael sang with his brothers.

dunno_it wrote:I would still love Michael if he was a yellow, gay, or a woman. I don't care! I would sill love him even if he HAD bleached his skin. What you do to your body is your business. He can have as many nose jobs as he wants. He has every right to change his appearance.
Sadly, in my country there are very few Black people. However, (white) females seem to prefer the Black MJ from the Thriller era. That's the general tendency I have noticed. My dad also prefers him Black, this is kinda interesting.

THAT is true-alot of white women have made the statement to me-"yeah I liked him when he was black" or "I dont know why her messed with his skin,he looked better before" I always have to explain his situation and I can tell they dont believe me.
avatar
neverlandprincess
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34
Woonplaats : Alabama,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by Sweet1 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:18 am

I just love MJ. I really wouldn't care if he were orange/purple/pink. As far as physical attraction is concerned I love his beautiful eyes. Keep the Faith!
avatar
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by neverlandprincess on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:18 am

nlb wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:Long before MJ revealed in 1993 that he had the skin condition, vitiligio, fans noticed the lightening of his skin color. This was especially true for Black fans. Many of us wondered what was going on and if this was some effort on MJ's part to change his skin color to appeal to more white people.

As noted before, race/ethnicity is like the gigantic elephant in the room that many choose to ignore and avoid discussing.

It was also during the time of the treatments for vitiligio that conversations popped up questioning why Michael seemed to become so much more appealing to white female fans. The converation focused on whether it is easier for these white females to be attracted to a Black man if he doesn't look Black. If he suddenly takes on non-Black facial features and his skin lightens to no longer look Black, is it then considered acceptable and okay to openly express physical attraction to him. The subconscious mind can take people many places.

Looking back on that conversation, the increase in his popularity may have simply been the result of his music's popularity. It could also be attributed to a new subconscious acceptance for Michael now that he looked like his white fans.

At that time, I walked away from the conversation unsure. I had forgotten all about it until I saw the facebook quiz and the comments of people who are white and clearly made it a point to express their preference for the lighter skinned MJ. Many barely spoke of the Black MJ or expressed any attraction to him during that period in his life. With some posters, he didn't become attractive until he became white.

The question that cannot be answered now or ever is: Would a Black MJ have risen to the heights of success and been physically adored by so many?

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate that you guys took the time to share.

This is interesting, because as a white girl I have friends that won't admit being attracted to a black man. Growing up, race was never an issue in my house. My parents taught us that what was on the inside was important. Sadly, not all my friends were lucky like that and feel guilty for expressing that find someone of another race attractive.

I agree with Human Nature, in regards to what attracts me to a person it's the eyes. I fell in love with Michael way back in the days of Billie Jean, Beat It, and Thriller. I was approaching my teens and he was my first major crush.


EXACTLY!! I was raised the same way-race was never an issue-we were taught that prejudiced was wrong and what was on the inside was what counted...it really truly is always a surprise to me when I hear race even mentioned...even when its mentioned as "I like black people just as much as white people"-really? then why bring it up? When it comes to appearance my things have always been : eyes,smile,hair and hands (like I cant stand pillowy greasy lookin hands)-Mike had all that-beautiful eyes,cool hair,sexy hand and that beautiful glowing smile! AWE I miss him.
avatar
neverlandprincess
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34
Woonplaats : Alabama,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by CantlivewithoutMJ on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:22 am

It doesn't matter how he looks,he is hot and sexy all the time and i love him from bottom of my heart.

I love you Michael (L)

Much hugs and kisses...
avatar
CantlivewithoutMJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 279
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 23
Woonplaats : Estonia

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/merx10

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:22 am

Sweetie... thanks for taking the time to share your experience and feelings.

It is interesting that you refereced the make up. Americans , black and white, have always had strong negative opinions about men wearing make up. It's not regularly seen here unless someone works in some form of the arts or in broadcast news. Even then... men remove makeup before going in public.


neverlandprincess wrote:I was six years old when I first "discovered" Michael Jackson -I think I saw a Pepsi commercial. It was the "Bad" period. I was in love! I thought he was gorgous-now he was becoming lighter in that era-not as light as he was last year-not as dark as Thriller. I was a white child who at that time thought black people were alot more attractive then white people-however at that time I was too young to realize Michael Jackson was even black and that his lightness was a problem for some people.
Since that time I have always found Michael Jackson incredibly sexy. Everything about him-right down to his eyeliner-I used to get made fun of from other girls-(when HIStory came out) because,according to them, "Michael jackson was a freak who got his skin bleached and looks like a woman". I didnt think he looked like a woman-he had a prettiness-but if a woman came toward me who moved liked Michael-I just might run. I also had enough sense to know that skin bleaching would not make your skin porcelin colored-hello lets think for a minute before we speak.
I think he was absolutley gorgeous in the Thriller era-very suave. Honestly when you study his features closely from Thriller to Dangerous ,Michael does not look that differant,its just he really HAD to wear more makeup and have special lighting-otherwise we would not have been able to SEE his features. I believe him when he says he only had two nose surgeries...his chin didnt look any differant in the Thriller era-its just that later he had no shadows on his skin. It is sad really-like he said in the "Oprah" interview "Why does it even matter". This was something very embarrassing for him that he had to answer OVER and OVER-the same stupid questions...then because he had a softer look alot of people thought he was gay...I am sorry that mans music oozed hetrosexuality. It is like his identity on every level was attacked because he had a disease he could not help.
I think Michael was hot in 84 and he was hot in 92...I think he was "prettier" in 92 ,the make up and his personality made that disorder work well...he really did look like a porcelien doll.
Do I think he would have rose to such heights if his skin had not changed-yes I do. I really do. Thriller was THE BEST SELLING album -and he was dark then. It was just perfect music sang by someone who FELT what he was singing-like he said as a child "I dont sing it if I dont mean it"-then OMG no one can or will ever outdance Michael. There may not have been as much question,speculation or mystery surrounding him if the change had not occured,but I believe he would have stayed on top.
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:26 am

Color doesnt matter to me. Although I will say, being a white chick, I have never dated a black man.

Michael is Michael. Black or white, yellow, red.. He happens to be a sex on a stick black man who has white skin becuase of his skin disorder. He is still black.

I dont think his popularity rose as a result of his lighter skin. He had dark skin during Thriller did he not? And Thriller is the best selling record of all time.

Once his skin got lighter, I think his popularity pretty much maintained the same level it did with Thriller.


As I said MJ is MJ no matter what. He is human, like the rest of us. He breathes the same air we do, he has feelings, he loves, he hurts, he feels sadness, he feels happy....just like all of us.

I love him BECAUSE he is a wonderful, kind,decent human being....and in this world, thats hard to come by in this day and age.
Not to mention I melt when he dances!!!


Last edited by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am

Goodness...now I have this horrible image of pillowy greasy hands in my head.



neverlandprincess wrote:
nlb wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:Long before MJ revealed in 1993 that he had the skin condition, vitiligio, fans noticed the lightening of his skin color. This was especially true for Black fans. Many of us wondered what was going on and if this was some effort on MJ's part to change his skin color to appeal to more white people.

As noted before, race/ethnicity is like the gigantic elephant in the room that many choose to ignore and avoid discussing.

It was also during the time of the treatments for vitiligio that conversations popped up questioning why Michael seemed to become so much more appealing to white female fans. The converation focused on whether it is easier for these white females to be attracted to a Black man if he doesn't look Black. If he suddenly takes on non-Black facial features and his skin lightens to no longer look Black, is it then considered acceptable and okay to openly express physical attraction to him. The subconscious mind can take people many places.

Looking back on that conversation, the increase in his popularity may have simply been the result of his music's popularity. It could also be attributed to a new subconscious acceptance for Michael now that he looked like his white fans.

At that time, I walked away from the conversation unsure. I had forgotten all about it until I saw the facebook quiz and the comments of people who are white and clearly made it a point to express their preference for the lighter skinned MJ. Many barely spoke of the Black MJ or expressed any attraction to him during that period in his life. With some posters, he didn't become attractive until he became white.

The question that cannot be answered now or ever is: Would a Black MJ have risen to the heights of success and been physically adored by so many?

Thanks for your responses. I really appreciate that you guys took the time to share.

This is interesting, because as a white girl I have friends that won't admit being attracted to a black man. Growing up, race was never an issue in my house. My parents taught us that what was on the inside was important. Sadly, not all my friends were lucky like that and feel guilty for expressing that find someone of another race attractive.

I agree with Human Nature, in regards to what attracts me to a person it's the eyes. I fell in love with Michael way back in the days of Billie Jean, Beat It, and Thriller. I was approaching my teens and he was my first major crush.


EXACTLY!! I was raised the same way-race was never an issue-we were taught that prejudiced was wrong and what was on the inside was what counted...it really truly is always a surprise to me when I hear race even mentioned...even when its mentioned as "I like black people just as much as white people"-really? then why bring it up? When it comes to appearance my things have always been : eyes,smile,hair and hands (like I cant stand pillowy greasy lookin hands)-Mike had all that-beautiful eyes,cool hair,sexy hand and that beautiful glowing smile! AWE I miss him.
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:44 am

Skin color as a mere entertainer seemed irrelevant but skin color as a love-interest seemed very relevant to the people taking that MJ quiz.

This black chick sends a big hug to the white chick and appreciates the reply. LOL... for some reason, the term "chick" has always made me laugh.




THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:Color doesnt matter to me. Although I will say, being a white chick, I have never dated a black man.

Michael is Michael. Black or white, yellow, red.. He happens to be a sex on a stick black man who has white skin becuase of his skin disorder. He is still black.

I dont think his popularity rose as a result of his lighter skin. He had dark skin during Thriller did he not? And Thriller is the best selling record of all time.

Once his skin got lighter, I think his popularity pretty much maintained the same level it did with Thriller.


As I said MJ is MJ no matter what. He is human, like the rest of us. He breathes the same air we do, he has feelings, he loves, he hurts, he feels sadness, he feels happy....just like all of us.

I love him BECAUSE he is a wonderful, kind,decent human being....and in this world, thats hard to come by in this day and age.
Not to mention I melt when he dances!!!
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by jpresley on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:17 am

Another white chick here putting her two cents in. Black or white, I love Michael Jackson w/ every fiber of my being. He is simply a beautiful person inside AND outside and makes me melt. As the Jacksonologist said, he is sex on a stick!
avatar
jpresley
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 747
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01
Leeftijd : 45
Woonplaats : Houston, Tx.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by nlb on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:27 am

jpresley wrote:Another white chick here putting her two cents in. Black or white, I love Michael Jackson w/ every fiber of my being. He is simply a beautiful person inside AND outside and makes me melt. As the Jacksonologist said, he is sex on a stick!

I totally agree-he is sex on a stick!
avatar
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 45
Woonplaats : PA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by rowdyangel on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:36 am

He's gorgeous no matter the colour. Michael is a beautiful person inside and out and his eyes make me melt. I love him so very much. His colour is not relevant to me.

Love you MJ!!!!!! Come back soon love.

JB. XX
avatar
rowdyangel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 462
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-31
Woonplaats : Michael's Heart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:14 pm

GirlSaturday wrote:Skin color as a mere entertainer seemed irrelevant but skin color as a love-interest seemed very relevant to the people taking that MJ quiz.

This black chick sends a big hug to the white chick and appreciates the reply. LOL... for some reason, the term "chick" has always made me laugh.




THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:Color doesnt matter to me. Although I will say, being a white chick, I have never dated a black man.

Michael is Michael. Black or white, yellow, red.. He happens to be a sex on a stick black man who has white skin becuase of his skin disorder. He is still black.

I dont think his popularity rose as a result of his lighter skin. He had dark skin during Thriller did he not? And Thriller is the best selling record of all time.

Once his skin got lighter, I think his popularity pretty much maintained the same level it did with Thriller.


As I said MJ is MJ no matter what. He is human, like the rest of us. He breathes the same air we do, he has feelings, he loves, he hurts, he feels sadness, he feels happy....just like all of us.

I love him BECAUSE he is a wonderful, kind,decent human being....and in this world, thats hard to come by in this day and age.
Not to mention I melt when he dances!!!


Oh, you were talking about being a love interest!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!! Sorry for being dense!!

No, I dont care about his skin color. He is HOT HOT HOT off the wall, thriller, bad, dangerous, history...it doesnt matter one bit to me!!

Ive wanted to do naughty things with him since I was old enough to know what those things were!!!
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by MJJ Love on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:24 pm

I love MJ regardless of the shade of skin color.
He has been beautiful to me always. It's his personality that wins me over. A pure heart is a rare thing to find.

AND OMIGAH, You ladies are off the hook.. LOL!!!!! DREAMS COME TRUE, OH MY, I've never seen that shot before and it's a might nice view. Woo.

AND GIRL SATURDAY, THAT IS THE TOTAL TRUTH! The MYTH to both BLACK AND WHITE MEN ARE NOT TRUE AT ALL. I've seen some of the white men who can put a couple of brothers to shame. OOOOWEEE. Smile

Ok, let's clean it up a bit.. My bad. LOL
avatar
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 772
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-12
Leeftijd : 41
Woonplaats : Washington D.C.

View user profile http://WWW.AlBSureLove.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by GirlSaturday on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:33 pm

During my short time hanging out with you girls...I have learned one major lesson. ALL conversations eventually take a turn down the wicked path known as "18+ Street".


MJJ Love wrote:I love MJ regardless of the shade of skin color.
He has been beautiful to me always. It's his personality that wins me over. A pure heart is a rare thing to find.

AND OMIGAH, You ladies are off the hook.. LOL!!!!! DREAMS COME TRUE, OH MY, I've never seen that shot before and it's a might nice view. Woo.

AND GIRL SATURDAY, THAT IS THE TOTAL TRUTH! The MYTH to both BLACK AND WHITE MEN ARE NOT TRUE AT ALL. I've seen some of the white men who can put a couple of brothers to shame. OOOOWEEE. Smile

Ok, let's clean it up a bit.. My bad. LOL
avatar
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:34 pm

MJJ Love wrote:I love MJ regardless of the shade of skin color.
He has been beautiful to me always. It's his personality that wins me over. A pure heart is a rare thing to find.

AND OMIGAH, You ladies are off the hook.. LOL!!!!! DREAMS COME TRUE, OH MY, I've never seen that shot before and it's a might nice view. Woo.

AND GIRL SATURDAY, THAT IS THE TOTAL TRUTH! The MYTH to both BLACK AND WHITE MEN ARE NOT TRUE AT ALL. I've seen some of the white men who can put a couple of brothers to shame. OOOOWEEE. Smile

Ok, let's clean it up a bit.. My bad. LOL



OMGGGGGGG!!!!! Im dying!! That was too funny!!!!
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by MJJ Love on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:39 pm

GirlSaturday wrote:During my short time hanging out with you girls...I have learned one major lesson. ALL conversations eventually take a turn down the wicked path known as "18+ Street".


MJJ Love wrote:I love MJ regardless of the shade of skin color.
He has been beautiful to me always. It's his personality that wins me over. A pure heart is a rare thing to find.

AND OMIGAH, You ladies are off the hook.. LOL!!!!! DREAMS COME TRUE, OH MY, I've never seen that shot before and it's a might nice view. Woo.

AND GIRL SATURDAY, THAT IS THE TOTAL TRUTH! The MYTH to both BLACK AND WHITE MEN ARE NOT TRUE AT ALL. I've seen some of the white men who can put a couple of brothers to shame. OOOOWEEE.

Ok, let's clean it up a bit.. My bad. LOL

LOL, How can it not? LOL, We are talking about Mr. Michael Jackson who has oozed major Sex APPEAL since the 70's and still does even at 50. The brothers got it going on.
avatar
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 772
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-12
Leeftijd : 41
Woonplaats : Washington D.C.

View user profile http://WWW.AlBSureLove.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by neverlandprincess on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm

He is the "the shy guy" in his interviews (turn on) The "gentlemen" presentation (Oprah interview) -another turn on. The total suave sexy man who would totally approach you cause he just that confidant in videos like "In the Closet" and "Give into Me"-dear God another turn on. I tell you all he would have to do is that little finger wave thing he did -like a mini "come on over here" wave...thats all it would take-thats it I am givin in-It doesnt matter if that tape on his fingers is over black skin or white skin. Thank you Lord.
avatar
neverlandprincess
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34
Woonplaats : Alabama,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by Rach on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:32 pm

I have dated both black and white men, and also to clarify I am a white woman. I don't believe that race is important but thanks GirlSaturday for asking the question because I believe it's an important one.

Too many people place emphasis on race and I believe that to be wrong. At the end of the day we are all people and it's whats on the INSIDE that matters. Sure, there has to be a physical attraction there for you to want to be with a person to begin with, but when looks fade, look at what you're left with.

I would love Michael if he was yellow, blue, pink, red - ok basically any single colour going!
avatar
Rach
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 3057
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : In my own little world :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by neverlandprincess on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Rach wrote:I have dated both black and white men, and also to clarify I am a white woman. I don't believe that race is important but thanks GirlSaturday for asking the question because I believe it's an important one.

Too many people place emphasis on race and I believe that to be wrong. At the end of the day we are all people and it's whats on the INSIDE that matters. Sure, there has to be a physical attraction there for you to want to be with a person to begin with, but when looks fade, look at what you're left with.

I would love Michael if he was yellow, blue, pink, red - ok basically any single colour going!
Amen to that!
avatar
neverlandprincess
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34
Woonplaats : Alabama,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Jackson: Black or White?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum