Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Stars Pay Tribute To John Hughes7 August 2009 1:11 AM, PDT | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news http://uk.imdb.com/news/ni0917005/

Steve Martin, Macaulay Culkin and Matthew Broderick are leading the tributes to director John Hughes, who died on Thursday.
Hughes passed away after suffering a heart attack while out walking in Manhattan, New York.

The father of two stepped away from the limelight in the 1990s but stars from the big screen have offered their fond memories of the director, whose career spanned back to the 1980s.

Broderick, who was directed by Hughes in the 1986 comedy Ferris Bueller's Day Off, was devastated to hear of his death and has sent his condolences to the moviemaker's grief-stricken relatives.

He says, "I am truly shocked and saddened by the news about my old friend John Hughes. He was a wonderful, very talented guy and my heart goes out to his family."

Actress Molly Ringwald, who starred in three of Hughes' hit movies - Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink - was equally shocked to hear of his sudden passing.

She adds, "I was stunned and incredibly sad to hear about the death of John Hughes. He was and will always be such an important part of my life. He will be missed - by me and by everyone that he has touched. My heart and all my thoughts are with his family now."

Veteran star Steve Martin, who worked with Hughes on 1987's Planes, Trains And Automobiles, remembers the director with affection: "John Hughes was a great director, but his gift was in screenwriting. He created deep and complex characters, rich in humanity and humour."

And former child star Macaulay Culkin, directed by Hughes in Uncle Buck and the Home Alone movies in the early 1990s, is adamant that the late film-maker's work will live on for decades to come.

He says, "I was a fan of both his work and a fan of him as a person. The world has lost not only a quintessential filmmaker whose influence will be felt for generations, but a great and decent man."


Mac will lead tributes to John Hughes but keeps suspiciously quiet about Michael jackson? He stayed at Michael's house, went on holiday with him, starred in his Black or White video and all that for years, he was a guest at Michael's 30th Anniversary on 10/09/2001 (10th September 2001) sitting beside him and yet now, in 2009 we hear nothing from him.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by DawneVee on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Figures.... Hey Mac..we know you have Michael...and we want him back...so hand him over please! bom
avatar
DawneVee
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 234
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : DFW-Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:18 pm

DawneVee wrote:Figures.... Hey Mac..we know you have Michael...and we want him back...so hand him over please! bom

ROFL! lol! lol!

Actually, now that you mention it - we barely see Mac as it is, where better to hide?
Rofl, watch TMZ produce 'exclusive' pics of Mac in the next few days
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by EarthAngel90 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:21 pm

DawneVee wrote:Figures.... Hey Mac..we know you have Michael...and we want him back...so hand him over please! bom


Yeah .. where is he Mac? I am dying to know .. LOL! lol!
avatar
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 27
Woonplaats : Fort Worth , TX - USA

View user profile http://Youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 pm

APOM....your date in your post........09/10/2001? 09 + 10 + 20 +01 = 40

And yea, whats up with the Mack-ster? that is too weird for words. I always wondered why we didnt hear more or see more from him after 6/25/09..........which by the way also eqauls 40
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:APOM....your date in your post........09/10/2001? 09 + 10 + 20 +01 = 40

And yea, whats up with the Mack-ster? that is too weird for words. I always wondered why we didnt hear more or see more from him after 6/25/09..........which by the way also eqauls 40

Wow, the date thing for the 30th anniversary went right over my head - well done for spotting it cheers
I went on IMDB to see if there were any updates on anything, I read an article on MSN UK entertainment about Paris hilton *gag* appearing on Supernatural (love Supernatural I love you ) and then saw this.
Ordinarily I wouldn't have cared less because I have no idea who John Hughes is - but Mac's name stood out at me because he 'led' the tributes, which is what made me click on the article. Why would he lead tributes to some director he worked with once 15-20 years ago and NOT MJ who he was best friends with - unless it is a hoax.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:59 pm

John Hughes is the guy behind Ferris Bueller, Home Alone, The breakfast CLub, etc.
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:03 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:John Hughes is the guy behind Ferris Bueller, Home Alone, The breakfast CLub, etc.
I know the movies, LOVE Home Alone 1 & 2 and Ferris Bueller but had no idea who the people were behind it. The only people I know in those movies are the actors/actresses. He must have kept a pretty low profile because he's not a director you hear about all the time like Lucas, Spielberg, Sommers, Gondry etc.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:06 pm

He's pretty well known over here.....

Mack.........I wonder wonder wonder why he kept quiet after Michael "died"?
That really is weird.
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:20 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:He's pretty well known over here.....

Mack.........I wonder wonder wonder why he kept quiet after Michael "died"?
That really is weird.
I just checked his IMDB page and it looks like he lost his sister Dakota, MJ and John Hughes all within the space of a year. Now why he would have paid tribute to John Hughes (and rightly so because they worked together closely) and not Michael who he was best friends with - the same Michael he defended and testified for during the 2005 trial - and yet there is not a single peep out of him as any form of statement or tribute is odd.

I also note that they're discussing the lack of tribute/statement on the IMDB Mac forum too but without any of the likemindedness we have here. People there are excusing it as 'he doesn't have to make a statement' or 'he's too depressed/devastated so he's mourning privately and doesn't wish to make a public statement' - why would people accept that reasoning so easily when he clearly made a statement/tribute to John Hughes?
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Not sure. I know he lost his sister...I think she was hit by a car. So sad.
Maybe he and Mike had a falling out? Who knows..
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by J.J_loves_MJ on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:Stars Pay Tribute To John Hughes7 August 2009 1:11 AM, PDT | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news http://uk.imdb.com/news/ni0917005/

Steve Martin, Macaulay Culkin and Matthew Broderick are leading the tributes to director John Hughes, who died on Thursday.
Hughes passed away after suffering a heart attack while out walking in Manhattan, New York.

The father of two stepped away from the limelight in the 1990s but stars from the big screen have offered their fond memories of the director, whose career spanned back to the 1980s.

Broderick, who was directed by Hughes in the 1986 comedy Ferris Bueller's Day Off, was devastated to hear of his death and has sent his condolences to the moviemaker's grief-stricken relatives.

He says, "I am truly shocked and saddened by the news about my old friend John Hughes. He was a wonderful, very talented guy and my heart goes out to his family."

Actress Molly Ringwald, who starred in three of Hughes' hit movies - Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink - was equally shocked to hear of his sudden passing.

She adds, "I was stunned and incredibly sad to hear about the death of John Hughes. He was and will always be such an important part of my life. He will be missed - by me and by everyone that he has touched. My heart and all my thoughts are with his family now."

Veteran star Steve Martin, who worked with Hughes on 1987's Planes, Trains And Automobiles, remembers the director with affection: "John Hughes was a great director, but his gift was in screenwriting. He created deep and complex characters, rich in humanity and humour."

And former child star Macaulay Culkin, directed by Hughes in Uncle Buck and the Home Alone movies in the early 1990s, is adamant that the late film-maker's work will live on for decades to come.

He says, "I was a fan of both his work and a fan of him as a person. The world has lost not only a quintessential filmmaker whose influence will be felt for generations, but a great and decent man."


Mac will lead tributes to John Hughes but keeps suspiciously quiet about Michael jackson? He stayed at Michael's house, went on holiday with him, starred in his Black or White video and all that for years, he was a guest at Michael's 30th Anniversary on 10/09/2001 (10th September 2001) sitting beside him and yet now, in 2009 we hear nothing from him.

Excuse me? What? Culkin is making a tribute for Hughes but not for HIS FRIEND MICHAEL? OMG! Unbelieveble!
avatar
J.J_loves_MJ
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 143
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 30
Woonplaats : Michael's Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:28 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:Not sure. I know he lost his sister...I think she was hit by a car. So sad.
Maybe he and Mike had a falling out? Who knows..
If he did then he's an idiot frankly, who willingly falls out with Michael Jackson unless they are complete and utter f@&#*/@ idiots like Cory Feldman.
I don't think they fell out, even spielberg and feldman who both fell out with or distanced themselves from Michael paid tribute with statements.
It just screams hoax to me, there's no need to pay tribute to someone who isn't dead and his close friends know that which is why they didn't go to the memorial and some didn't make statements e.g. Mac, oprah etc.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by dancer1792 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:29 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:Maybe he and Mike had a falling out? Who knows..

Maybe. That would probably be the most logical answer to explain why there is no comment if MJ has really passed away. Too many people would have to have that excuse, though, like Oprah, Diana Ross, and Elizabeth Taylor (I know that she twittered, but I don't feel like that is a good way to celebrate a memory of someone who has passed. She hasn't done anything public.). None of them have made any public comment about his passing, and they were supposed to be his closest friends.
avatar
dancer1792
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 167
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:35 pm

@dancer1792 -

Can we really believe that all these people have fallen out with Michael? That is a lot of people. Elizabeth Taylor was planning on travelling to London to watch the shows at the O2. She'd been packing 3 weeks in advance which is odd but maybe she wants to pack 3 weeks in advance - that needs more thought.
I agree that Twitter is a rubbish way to pay tribute to someone you are best friends with. That is best reserved for the other stars who didn't know Michael.

It's a logical reason but it doesn't make complete sense. I know if my family, best friends or even friends died I would have something to say to people, I would imagine that anyone would feel the same way regardless of whether they are famous or not.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by dancer1792 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:41 pm

APOM- sorry, I guess that I didn't make myself clear. I meant that if you use that excuse for everyone it becomes really strange. No, I don't believe that they all had a falling out. I was just trying to point out that if that excuse is used for M. Culken, than you can also use that excuse for everyone else that has not commented, and that becomes very odd. Not everyone can have a falling out with him, so some one should have commented.

Unless it is a hoax...then you wouldn't comment on a death of a person who hasn't died.

Sorry, if I didn't make myself clear.
avatar
dancer1792
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 167
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:44 pm

dancer1792 wrote:APOM- sorry, I guess that I didn't make myself clear. I meant that if you use that excuse for everyone it becomes really strange. No, I don't believe that they all had a falling out. I was just trying to point out that if that excuse is used for M. Culken, than you can also use that excuse for everyone else that has not commented, and that becomes very odd. Not everyone can have a falling out with him, so some one should have commented.

Unless it is a hoax...then you wouldn't comment on a death of a person who hasn't died.

Sorry, if I didn't make myself clear.
Lol I know Smile I was agreeing with you lol, but after re-reading it I realised I'd fluffed up my response
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by dancer1792 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:47 pm

That's OK. Very Happy lol I know what you mean. That happens to me a lot, sometimes what I'm trying to say sounds differently in my head.
avatar
dancer1792
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 167
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by wishful09 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:58 pm

DawneVee wrote:Figures.... Hey Mac..we know you have Michael...and we want him back...so hand him over please! bom

LOL! Exactly! Very Happy
avatar
wishful09
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 42
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:00 pm

But then why would Brooke speak at his memorial?

Tatum didnt either...

Nor Lisa MArie

Nor Debbie
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by summer+sc3nt on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:00 pm

If Mac and Michael had a fall out... and most is the case.. death always brings on forgiveness. Moreover Mac was the one that stood up for Michael during his trial. As most will know Michael never has a fall out with anyone let alone Mac.


Last edited by summer+sc3nt on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
avatar
summer+sc3nt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 503
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Righ...I agree death brings on forgiveness.........Something is not right and I wanna know what the hell it is dammit!! LOL
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by wishful09 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:05 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:Righ...I agree death brings on forgiveness.........Something is not right and I wanna know what the hell it is dammit!! LOL

Come on, Jacsonologist! You know what's up!!
avatar
wishful09
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 42
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:07 pm

@ wishful - Saracasim is my second language you know!! LOL Twisted Evil
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by MJJXscape on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:09 pm

I know...Even murderer Tommy Mottola was talking nice about Michael on the news channels and he said that he was "sad" about Michael's death, and that Michael was the greatest performer on this earth.
avatar
MJJXscape
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 26
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by wishful09 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Of course! tongue
avatar
wishful09
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 42
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:10 pm

LOL!!
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:10 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:But then why would Brooke speak at his memorial?

Tatum didnt either...

Nor Lisa MArie

Nor Debbie

Rofl, if debbie had spoken at the Memorial *Everyone* would known it was a hoax.
from what I understand, Tatum and Michael hadn't met in years, and the same would probably go for Lisa Marie - only LM actually made a statement via her myspace/twitter/facebook whatever.
Brooke and Michael were good friends, although apparently they hadn't hung out for some 15 years or something.
The lack of real MJ friends at the memorial is disconcerting. Why have people like Queen Latifah speaking when she'd never even met him, as well as the performers - Jennifer Hudson?
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by summer+sc3nt on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:17 pm

MJJXscape wrote:I know...Even murderer Tommy Mottola was talking nice about Michael on the news channels and he said that he was "sad" about Michael's death, and that Michael was the greatest performer on this earth.

Murderer Tommy isn't in on the hoax I bet lol... farao
avatar
summer+sc3nt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 503
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Iloveyoumore on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:

we barely see Mac as it is, where better to hide?

Heh.
avatar
Iloveyoumore
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 47
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Iloveyoumore on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:19 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:Righ...I agree death brings on forgiveness.........Something is not right and I wanna know what the hell it is dammit!!

Or, something could be quite right!
avatar
Iloveyoumore
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 47
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Lorrie on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:37 pm

dancer1792 wrote:
THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:Maybe he and Mike had a falling out? Who knows..

Maybe. That would probably be the most logical answer to explain why there is no comment if MJ has really passed away. Too many people would have to have that excuse, though, like Oprah, Diana Ross, and Elizabeth Taylor (I know that she twittered, but I don't feel like that is a good way to celebrate a memory of someone who has passed. She hasn't done anything public.). None of them have made any public comment about his passing, and they were supposed to be his closest friends.

Oprah Winfrey and Michael Jackson weren't close friends. Michael granted her a huge exclusive interview for her talk show before she became as prominent as she is today, and she also defended him somewhat after the Martin Bashir debacle. But that's it.

I agree, though, that it's extremely weird how none of Michael's presumed close friends participated in the memorial and have remained virtually silent since his "death."

If I'm not mistaken, Macaulay Culkin is also Prince I and Paris' godfather, which makes his lack of a public statement about Michael even odder, especially given what's happened following John Hughes' death.

I'm still not believing Michael is dead.
avatar
Lorrie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 328
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:41 pm

Lorrie wrote:
dancer1792 wrote:
THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:Maybe he and Mike had a falling out? Who knows..

Maybe. That would probably be the most logical answer to explain why there is no comment if MJ has really passed away. Too many people would have to have that excuse, though, like Oprah, Diana Ross, and Elizabeth Taylor (I know that she twittered, but I don't feel like that is a good way to celebrate a memory of someone who has passed. She hasn't done anything public.). None of them have made any public comment about his passing, and they were supposed to be his closest friends.

Oprah Winfrey and Michael Jackson weren't close friends. Michael granted her a huge exclusive interview for her talk show before she became as prominent as she is today, and she also defended him somewhat after the Martin Bashir debacle. But that's it.

I agree, though, that it's extremely weird how none of Michael's presumed close friends participated in the memorial and have remained virtually silent since his "death."

If I'm not mistaken, Macaulay Culkin is also Prince I and Paris' godfather, which makes his lack of a public statement about Michael even odder, especially given what's happened following John Hughes' death.
I'm still not believing Michael is dead.
Exactly, Mac is Prince I and Paris' godfather and he has said nothing. Mark Lester is also godfather and he made a statement and paid tribute to Michael and his skills as a father.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Human_nature on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:46 pm

My opinion about the memorial.
We know who was there. His "friends" was Brooke Shield, Corey Feldman ...and some others ok... but all those people abandonned him in his "worst years". After his "death" they showed up , like nothing happened and where still close friends.

Kind of..a test no ? Who's true, who's not ? Wink

Who REALLY care ? Wink

It's how I see this memorial.

Again, my opionion and I can be wrong all the way.
avatar
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 41
Woonplaats : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Human_nature on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 pm

oh and I loved John Hugues and it's sad too. He made ALOT of movies and many of them are in my TOP favorites Like a Star @ heaven
avatar
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 41
Woonplaats : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Sweet1 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Well! I have seen Memorial Services with more decorum and sincerity in my day. I mean in all honesty a man had passed away that gave his all to the world for over 4 decades. Where were those from the beginning of his career that helped him get to the point of where he was? Some of those excuses made by his old friends were so unbelievable. I mean honestly, Quincy Jones saying he couldn't bear to see another funeral. Come on! Death is a part of life. Everyone dies. But I am sure in this case he truly didn't feel a need to attend because he knew MJ wasn't dead afterall. Also, Jennifer Hudson not being familiar with MJ's song and for Godsake she was pregnant. Clearly, she was rounded up in last than week. I was so curious why Michael Jordan wasn't there? Wasn't he in the short film "Jam" with MJ? What about Magic? From "Remember The Time". Also, were the lights so bright at the Staple Center that everyone had to wear sunglasses? Lastly, Why didn't Prince I and Paris Godfather show up? Was he anywhere in their vicinity on June 25th to comfort them in the loss of their dad? I don't think so. I am sure he and Liz were wherever MJ was. Nothing would surprise me! Keep the Faith!
avatar
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Magic Johnson was there, he talked about KFC didn't he?
Why wasn't Liza Minelli and David gest there? I know Liza was in paris but she could easily have hopped onto a jet for the memorial. David Gest talks about how he's know Michael since he was 10 but no statement from him and he's a no-show.

I found Quincy Jones' statement appalling - on the one hand saying he's lost his baby brother then saying that he can't bear to go to another funeral after James Brown's - that was 3 years ago. Michael had a memorial not a funeral. He also criticised Michael saying that he didn't want to be black, he had chemical peels etc to make himself white.
What gives anyone the right to badmouth someone after their death, especially Michael who made so much money for Quincy with the albums.
Talk about a kick in the teeth.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Sweet1 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:25 pm

Just like Human_Nature mentioned! Wherever MJ was he saw who his true friends were. MJ knew he had alot of people over the years that were jealous of him. Could one of them have been Quincy who groomed him? Hello, not attending the funeral because of James Brown passing 3 yrs ago and not having the where withal to attend MJ's Memorial was one thing. But to comment over his skin condition and make condescending remarks was another. Let's face it! Some things are better left off unsaid. Personally, I didn't give a damn what MJ did to his skin or face. He was still Michael Jackson. People are so decrepit nowadays! Keep the Faith!
avatar
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Sweet1 wrote:Just like Human_Nature mentioned! Wherever MJ was he saw who his true friends were. MJ knew he had alot of people over the years that were jealous of him. Could one of them have been Quincy who groomed him? Hello, not attending the funeral because of James Brown passing 3 yrs ago and not having the where withal to attend MJ's Memorial was one thing. But to comment over his skin condition and make condescending remarks was another. Let's face it! Some things are better left off unsaid. Personally, I didn't give a damn what MJ did to his skin or face. He was still Michael Jackson. People are so decrepit nowadays! Keep the Faith!
Urgh I agree! People are so decrepit and vile nowadays. Whose business is it to make judgements on these things? What gives people the right to judge other people.
Hello! nobody is perfect, by passing judgement on other people you are opening the doors to criticism yourself. Michael didn't criticise people, his 'friends' should have the grace to keep their mouths shut too. Quincy Jones took it a step too far in my book when he started making all this BS stuff about Michael. I'm sure he's probably a nice guy and Michael liked him, but he had no right to say stuff like that as soon as he hears that Michael is 'dead'. What kind of friend does that?

You know, I honest to God thought it was normal for Michael's skin to be what it was. He has vitiligo and lupus. I didn't see anything wrong with it. It is ignorance, people's ignorance and smallmindedness which makes them say all this cr@p about him, all that rubbish about skin bleaching, chemical peels and whetever. The man has already said it so many times but people's blindness and ignorance make them believe the tabloid rubbish instead of what the man himself says.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Sweet1 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:58 pm

I am glad we agree! But! you know something? Everyone will get there just reward in the end. That is where I get my peace. No one gets away! All those that spoke so ill of MJ will be knocked off of their feet when they see what he does? Michael Joseph Jackson is going to blow the world away. Like he said at awards show when he received the award for "Scream" the best video of the year in 1993 I believe. He said, " you ain't seen nothing yet". Let's face it! The man was a creative genuius. Let him have his glory for Godsake. Keep the Faith!
avatar
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Exactly! I see so much pain, suffering and injustice in the world and it makes my blood boil, then I try to take a step back and think that everyone will get what they deserve, God makes sure of that even if people don't see it happen straight away. That works to help soften it in a way because you know that all those who do bad or evil in the world eventually get what's coming to them.

You ain't seen nothing yet. Keep the Faith Very Happy
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by summer+sc3nt on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:Magic Johnson was there, he talked about KFC didn't he?
Why wasn't Liza Minelli and David gest there? I know Liza was in paris but she could easily have hopped onto a jet for the memorial. David Gest talks about how he's know Michael since he was 10 but no statement from him and he's a no-show.

I found Quincy Jones' statement appalling - on the one hand saying he's lost his baby brother then saying that he can't bear to go to another funeral after James Brown's - that was 3 years ago. Michael had a memorial not a funeral. He also criticised Michael saying that he didn't want to be black, he had chemical peels etc to make himself white.
What gives anyone the right to badmouth someone after their death, especially Michael who made so much money for Quincy with the albums.
Talk about a kick in the teeth.

Yes I was rather surprised when I read about where Quincy was saying that about Michael.. He even said that he (Quincy) is just a musician and a record producer and not a psychiatrist. Does he say that to Michael? It brings to mind the song of Black or White..
Dont tell me you agree with me
When I saw you kicking dirt in my eye
avatar
summer+sc3nt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 503
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:13 pm

summer+sc3nt wrote:
Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:Magic Johnson was there, he talked about KFC didn't he?
Why wasn't Liza Minelli and David gest there? I know Liza was in paris but she could easily have hopped onto a jet for the memorial. David Gest talks about how he's know Michael since he was 10 but no statement from him and he's a no-show.

I found Quincy Jones' statement appalling - on the one hand saying he's lost his baby brother then saying that he can't bear to go to another funeral after James Brown's - that was 3 years ago. Michael had a memorial not a funeral. He also criticised Michael saying that he didn't want to be black, he had chemical peels etc to make himself white.
What gives anyone the right to badmouth someone after their death, especially Michael who made so much money for Quincy with the albums.
Talk about a kick in the teeth.

Yes I was rather surprised when I read about where Quincy was saying that about Michael.. He even said that he (Quincy) is just a musician and a record producer and not a psychiatrist. Does he say that to Michael? It brings to mind the song of Black or White..
Dont tell me you agree with me
When I saw you kicking dirt in my eye
The song fits perfectly (I love that song btw!).
I was so surprised when I read it the first time, how do you go from calling someone your little brother and crying over their death to criticising them in the space of a few sentences in the same article? It's so @ss backwards to me. What is wrong with Quincy Jones that he felt the need to bring that up? Either you are mourning the person or you are kicking them - you can't do both, it just stinks of hypocrisy.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by summer+sc3nt on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:
summer+sc3nt wrote:
Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:Magic Johnson was there, he talked about KFC didn't he?
Why wasn't Liza Minelli and David gest there? I know Liza was in paris but she could easily have hopped onto a jet for the memorial. David Gest talks about how he's know Michael since he was 10 but no statement from him and he's a no-show.

I found Quincy Jones' statement appalling - on the one hand saying he's lost his baby brother then saying that he can't bear to go to another funeral after James Brown's - that was 3 years ago. Michael had a memorial not a funeral. He also criticised Michael saying that he didn't want to be black, he had chemical peels etc to make himself white.
What gives anyone the right to badmouth someone after their death, especially Michael who made so much money for Quincy with the albums.
Talk about a kick in the teeth.

Yes I was rather surprised when I read about where Quincy was saying that about Michael.. He even said that he (Quincy) is just a musician and a record producer and not a psychiatrist. Does he say that to Michael? It brings to mind the song of Black or White..
Dont tell me you agree with me
When I saw you kicking dirt in my eye
The song fits perfectly (I love that song btw!).
I was so surprised when I read it the first time, how do you go from calling someone your little brother and crying over their death to criticising them in the space of a few sentences in the same article? It's so @ss backwards to me. What is wrong with Quincy Jones that he felt the need to bring that up? Either you are mourning the person or you are kicking them - you can't do both, it just stinks of hypocrisy.


Hypocrisy is the word! Someone should tell him that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. Is it so unbearable that Michael composed his songs... Maybe that is what made him envious of Michael. Looks rather to me like he speaks out of frustrations! Does he expect to take all the credit for Michael's fame.. Well people grow and learn to stand on their own two feet. BTW I love that song too.. It keeps playing in my mind.


Last edited by summer+sc3nt on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
avatar
summer+sc3nt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 503
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Give.In.To.Me on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Isn't Macauley Culkin Prince and Paris' god parent?
avatar
Give.In.To.Me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 422
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01
Leeftijd : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:10 pm

Give.In.To.Me wrote:Isn't Macauley Culkin Prince and Paris' god parent?



Yes he is

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:38 pm

summer+sc3nt wrote:
Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:
summer+sc3nt wrote:
Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:Magic Johnson was there, he talked about KFC didn't he?
Why wasn't Liza Minelli and David gest there? I know Liza was in paris but she could easily have hopped onto a jet for the memorial. David Gest talks about how he's know Michael since he was 10 but no statement from him and he's a no-show.

I found Quincy Jones' statement appalling - on the one hand saying he's lost his baby brother then saying that he can't bear to go to another funeral after James Brown's - that was 3 years ago. Michael had a memorial not a funeral. He also criticised Michael saying that he didn't want to be black, he had chemical peels etc to make himself white.
What gives anyone the right to badmouth someone after their death, especially Michael who made so much money for Quincy with the albums.
Talk about a kick in the teeth.

Yes I was rather surprised when I read about where Quincy was saying that about Michael.. He even said that he (Quincy) is just a musician and a record producer and not a psychiatrist. Does he say that to Michael? It brings to mind the song of Black or White..
Dont tell me you agree with me
When I saw you kicking dirt in my eye
The song fits perfectly (I love that song btw!).
I was so surprised when I read it the first time, how do you go from calling someone your little brother and crying over their death to criticising them in the space of a few sentences in the same article? It's so @ss backwards to me. What is wrong with Quincy Jones that he felt the need to bring that up? Either you are mourning the person or you are kicking them - you can't do both, it just stinks of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is the word! Someone should tell him that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. Is it so unbearable that Michael composed his songs... Maybe that is what made him envious of Michael. Looks rather to me like he speaks out of frustrations! Does he expect to take all the credit for Michael's fame.. Well people grow and learn to stand on their own two feet. BTW I love that song too.. It keeps playing in my mind.
Someone should tell all of these a-holes that if they have nothing good to say they should keep their mouths shut. Their views are neither wanted nor appreciated if all they do is b!tch and moan in multiple repetitive interviews raking in money and sullying someone's name.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by summer+sc3nt on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:
summer+sc3nt wrote:
Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:
summer+sc3nt wrote:
Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:Magic Johnson was there, he talked about KFC didn't he?
Why wasn't Liza Minelli and David gest there? I know Liza was in paris but she could easily have hopped onto a jet for the memorial. David Gest talks about how he's know Michael since he was 10 but no statement from him and he's a no-show.

I found Quincy Jones' statement appalling - on the one hand saying he's lost his baby brother then saying that he can't bear to go to another funeral after James Brown's - that was 3 years ago. Michael had a memorial not a funeral. He also criticised Michael saying that he didn't want to be black, he had chemical peels etc to make himself white.
What gives anyone the right to badmouth someone after their death, especially Michael who made so much money for Quincy with the albums.
Talk about a kick in the teeth.

Yes I was rather surprised when I read about where Quincy was saying that about Michael.. He even said that he (Quincy) is just a musician and a record producer and not a psychiatrist. Does he say that to Michael? It brings to mind the song of Black or White..
Dont tell me you agree with me
When I saw you kicking dirt in my eye
The song fits perfectly (I love that song btw!).
I was so surprised when I read it the first time, how do you go from calling someone your little brother and crying over their death to criticising them in the space of a few sentences in the same article? It's so @ss backwards to me. What is wrong with Quincy Jones that he felt the need to bring that up? Either you are mourning the person or you are kicking them - you can't do both, it just stinks of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is the word! Someone should tell him that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. Is it so unbearable that Michael composed his songs... Maybe that is what made him envious of Michael. Looks rather to me like he speaks out of frustrations! Does he expect to take all the credit for Michael's fame.. Well people grow and learn to stand on their own two feet. BTW I love that song too.. It keeps playing in my mind.
Someone should tell all of these a-holes that if they have nothing good to say they should keep their mouths shut. Their views are neither wanted nor appreciated if all they do is b!tch and moan in multiple repetitive interviews raking in money and sullying someone's name.

Yes! I second what you said a million times over! Now I hope those a-holes read this thread!
avatar
summer+sc3nt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 503
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Macaulay Culkin - Tribute?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum