MTV Came clean about Giving Michael Jackson the Artist of the Millenium Award." Teach MJ a Lesson?" WTF?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MTV Came clean about Giving Michael Jackson the Artist of the Millenium Award." Teach MJ a Lesson?" WTF?

Post by MJJ Love on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Are they kidding me.?!
I'm shocked to read this. but then again, Im not, its MEAN TV
So, it was done on purpose.
We should, AS MJ FANS, BOYCOTT MTV!
Even tho MTV was very helpful in regards to playing Michael's videos and he was the 1st black to breakthrough the WHITES ONLY video playing at MTV, who are they, to think they should be teaching MICHAEL JACKSON a lesson?
Please Read this below:
http://site2.mjeol.com/mj-news/mtv-comes-clean-about-artist-of-the-millennium-award.html

"MTV Comes Clean about Artist of the Millennium Award?
Years after denying it and making hateful jokes about it, someone at MTV is apparently trying to come clean by admitting -- in a nondirect, cowardly way -- that the late Michael Jackson did receive the "Artist of the Millennium" award in 2002.

The caption (see screenshot) underneath a picture of Michael Jackson that night reads: "Britney Spears presents Michael Jackson with the Artist of the Millennium Award at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards" (
View big, full screenshot here).
If you remember, there was a big controversy as to how MTV promised to honor Jackson by presenting him with a new, special award. Jackson showed up, helping to boost their ratings, while MTV later made a mockery of the entire event.

The same night there was a controversy as to whether or not MTV actually gave Jackson an award, with some insiders saying higher-ups had MTV pull the award to teach Jackson a lesson. This was around or after the big falling out Jackson had with Sony Music.

MTV pretended like Jackson went up on stage and gave himself an award, or had a "misunderstanding" of how he was being honored that night; his birthday by the way.

But apparently nobody warned to the guys running MTV's website that the award had been yanked or that Jackson was being made a fool out of because they posted the information about the Artist of the Millennium Award on MTV's site that night. See screenshot from 2002 below:

The next year Jack Black participated in a disgusting -- and rather unfunny actually -- parody of the event where he mocked Jackson.

Now after Jackson's death, along with the subsequent outing of MTV as a racist network in the 80s for refusing to play black videos before Jackson broke through, apparently they are a little less tight lipped with the truth.

Music Television (MTV) rarely plays videos at all anymore and at some point lost it's edge and dedication to music a very long time ago.

MTV's sudden realization of the power of Michael Jackson came too late... 7 years too late.

"
This is the video of the spectacle... Ugh MTV has poor taste.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfU3rQ9dNpw

MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 772
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-12
Leeftijd : 41

View user profile http://WWW.AlBSureLove.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MTV Came clean about Giving Michael Jackson the Artist of the Millenium Award." Teach MJ a Lesson?" WTF?

Post by annieisnotokey on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:36 pm

MJJ Love wrote:The same night there was a controversy as to whether or not MTV actually gave Jackson an award, with some insiders saying higher-ups had MTV pull the award to teach Jackson a lesson. This was around or after the big falling out Jackson had with Sony Music.

And again, I suspect Sony had a hand in this as part of the plan to bring MJ down.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Suspect
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MTV Came clean about Giving Michael Jackson the Artist of the Millenium Award." Teach MJ a Lesson?" WTF?

Post by MJFoReVeRandAlways on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:38 pm

That just shows how low you can go. As long as all of them scumbags live, the will never ever be able to even come close to teach someone something, good or bad, let alone THE Michael Jackson. Pathetic pieces of s***!
MJFoReVeRandAlways
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 808
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-27
Leeftijd : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:40 pm

MJJ Love wrote:

And we still wonder why he would wanna hoax his death.. Rolling Eyes

I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner.
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ Love on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:44 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:
MJJ Love wrote:

And we still wonder why he would wanna hoax his death..

I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I dont blame him for NOT wanting to be apart of all their sheninagans.
And to this DAY they are still using his damn name to bring in MILLIONS of viewers. THE SUPPOSED TRIBUTE on SEPT 13 at THE VMA's this year! WHAT A CROCK OF ISH. They strung the MJ fans along and didn't live it to what they promised. Ugh
MTV disgusts me.
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WanaBstartnSthn on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:48 pm

UGH!!!! Was that BITCH Britney Spears in on this??? Cuz if she was, she has no right to call Michael a friend! I don't even watch MTV anymore. MTV sucks ASSSSS!!!!!! And then they wanna give him a tribute and act like "Oh Michael we love you, you were the greatest you'll be missed." Bunch of lying bastards. They can all go to hell! I love you Michael!
WanaBstartnSthn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 645
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04
Leeftijd : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~StarLight~UK~ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Poor guy....look at all the crap he had/has to put up with.

Why do they need to teach him a lesson?

Sony are trash. MTV needs to get over itself already.
~StarLight~UK~
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 221
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mjssoulmate on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Wow, that is cold. How embarrassing. Is anyone from MTV on Michael's hitlist?

Someone should be.
mjssoulmate
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1043
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:52 pm

this is horrible. i've disliked mtv for sometime now, but now i really despise them.
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iLOVEu on Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Are they serious?! it's outrageous!

Michael Jackson is The King of Pop!

We have no more real music nowadays because of their shallowness!

Last edited by iLOVEu on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
iLOVEu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 90
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YveLoVesMJ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:01 pm

I'll never watch MTV again! NEVER!
YveLoVesMJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 386
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJFoReVeRandAlways on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:04 pm

So...what´s the lesson they tried to learn him?
MJFoReVeRandAlways
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ Love on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:11 pm

MJFoReVeRandAlways wrote:So...what´s the lesson they tried to learn him?

Ha, Good Question.
BECAUSE I CAN'T SEE WHAT THAT PROVED, EXCEPT THAT IT TAUGHT US VIEWERS that MTV are heartless BASTARDS with no respect at all.

but IT Seems they tried to embarrass him.
Whether Michael has an award or NOT, doesn't matter REGARDLESS.
He is crowned BY HIS FAMILY, REAL FRIENDS and LOVELY FANS ACROSS THE WHOLE WORLD, for almost everything TITLE that you can imagine.

GOD HAS BLESSED HIM GREATLY. MICHAEL knows he is loved and THEY CANT STOP THE LOVE OF THE FANS EVER.
LOVE AND RESPECT IS A POWERFUL THING.
So, to HELL with MTV, SONY, HATERS and all the NAYSAYERS.

SHAME TO ALL WHO TRIED TO BREAK MICHAEL'S SPIRIT. Michael was chosen BY THE GOOD LORD (GOD) to inspire us and touch so many with his music, talent, love, his love, his givng spirit. Just imagine how disappointed and ANGRY he must feel that one of the many people he placed on this earth to HELP make this UNIVERSE a BETTER PLACE is continually TORE down, disrespected and conspired against. I do not even want to imagine.

NO ONE ON THIS EARTH IS SO WELL KNOWN AND LOVED LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON. NOT ONE. (This is my opinion and recollection over all these years)
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MJFoReVeRandAlways on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Totally agree. Michael should have learned them several lessons, among others to be kind and be humble. But I guess when you have a dark soul it´s not easy to take in good things and good thoughts and behaviours.

Shows really how pathetic they are, they needed MJ for their rating to go up.
MJFoReVeRandAlways
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleMissesMJ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:17 pm

I dont like Jack Black anymore. I never knew he took the piss out of MJ like that. Horrible, cruel person. On the very night MJ was there. Probably watching the rests of the shows. I'm hurt and disgusted about that.
MichelleMissesMJ
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 63
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michealisbeautiful on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:21 pm

A LESSON ABOUT WHAT HOW MUCH SONNY / MTV FUCKN SUCKS???! IM NOT EVEN WATCHING THIS IS IT BECAUSE I DONT WANNA GIVE THE BASTARDS MONEY. MAN I HATE THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. BUT I HONESTLY NEVER REMEMEBERED THAT EVENT THAT WAY I REMEMBER THAT MJ WON AN AWARD THEN JACK BLACK PRETENDED TO BE MJ. JACK BLACKS A FAT IDIOT; WHOS ONLY FUNNY CUZ HES SO FAT AND STUPID IF HE LOST WEIGHT OR AQUIRED INTELLIGENCE HED CEASE TO BE FUNNY WHICH IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND GREAT COMEDIANS LIKE COSBY AND EDDIE MURPHY.
Michealisbeautiful
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 35
Leeftijd : 37

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/iagreetogivejennymysoul

Back to top Go down

Post by MichelleMissesMJ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Oh and BTW, now i'm thinking about it. How can Jant Jackson go and do at tribute on MTV VMA, after they did that to her brother?????????? DDDDUUUUUHHHH. Now i'm vexed.
MichelleMissesMJ
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 63
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:29 pm

Michael got played by MTV during the 2002 VMAs.
Viewers got played by MTV during the 2009 VMAs.

It's ironic that Jimmy Fallon (audience) and Jack Black (presenter) were also at the 2009 VMAs.
Whatever the grudge that MTV had with Michael in 2002, definitely carried over into 2009.

I see a chip on somebody's shoulder. MTV resents the "Michael Jackson made MTV into what it is today" statements. Afterall in the minds of the network hotshots, he was just a singer...what could HE know about television programming content.

MJJ Love wrote:Are they kidding me.?!
I'm shocked to read this. but then again, Im not, its MEAN TV
So, it was done on purpose.
We should, AS MJ FANS, BOYCOTT MTV!
Even tho MTV was very helpful in regards to playing Michael's videos and he was the 1st black to breakthrough the WHITES ONLY video playing at MTV, who are they, to think they should be teaching MICHAEL JACKSON a lesson?
Please Read this below:
http://site2.mjeol.com/mj-news/mtv-comes-clean-about-artist-of-the-millennium-award.html

"MTV Comes Clean about Artist of the Millennium Award?
Years after denying it and making hateful jokes about it, someone at MTV is apparently trying to come clean by admitting -- in a nondirect, cowardly way -- that the late Michael Jackson did receive the "Artist of the Millennium" award in 2002.

The caption (see screenshot) underneath a picture of Michael Jackson that night reads: "Britney Spears presents Michael Jackson with the Artist of the Millennium Award at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards" (
View big, full screenshot here).
If you remember, there was a big controversy as to how MTV promised to honor Jackson by presenting him with a new, special award. Jackson showed up, helping to boost their ratings, while MTV later made a mockery of the entire event.

The same night there was a controversy as to whether or not MTV actually gave Jackson an award, with some insiders saying higher-ups had MTV pull the award to teach Jackson a lesson. This was around or after the big falling out Jackson had with Sony Music.

MTV pretended like Jackson went up on stage and gave himself an award, or had a "misunderstanding" of how he was being honored that night; his birthday by the way.

But apparently nobody warned to the guys running MTV's website that the award had been yanked or that Jackson was being made a fool out of because they posted the information about the Artist of the Millennium Award on MTV's site that night. See screenshot from 2002 below:

The next year Jack Black participated in a disgusting -- and rather unfunny actually -- parody of the event where he mocked Jackson.

Now after Jackson's death, along with the subsequent outing of MTV as a racist network in the 80s for refusing to play black videos before Jackson broke through, apparently they are a little less tight lipped with the truth.

Music Television (MTV) rarely plays videos at all anymore and at some point lost it's edge and dedication to music a very long time ago.

MTV's sudden realization of the power of Michael Jackson came too late... 7 years too late.

"
This is the video of the spectacle... Ugh MTV has poor taste.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfU3rQ9dNpw

GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ~StarLight~UK~ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Yes, unfortunately they really do still resent him!
~StarLight~UK~
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 221
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CantStopLovingU on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:39 pm

So let me see if I have this right.

The Artist of the Millenium was an award, and they gave it to Michael (without any pomp and circumstance like an award like should get) then while the award show was still going on, they took it back to TEACH HIM A LESSON and THEN had all of the OTHER JERKS MAKE FUN OF MICHAEL THE REST OF THE NIGHT????

Whoever said PIECES OF S*** was right. I am horribly mad right now. Doesnt surprise me at all, that Sony would tell the execs at MTV to do that and they bowed down at their feet and did it.

That was a RACIST attempt to put Michael in his place. Jerks

And they did USE MICHAELS BEAUTIFUL name to entice viewers to their stupid disgusting VMA's and barely did anything as a tribute to him.

DISGRACE!

Thats why Janet had that face, although trying to understand why she would do it at all
CantStopLovingU
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 755
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CantStopLovingU on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Ohhh I see, it was a fake award from the beginning!! It was a big fat joke from the beginning. I'm seeing red right now, I have to go take a walk.
CantStopLovingU
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 755
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marsheliamorgan on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:45 pm

i am thinking THIS act right here,could very well be WHY janet looked pissed off after the show,SHE SHOULDNT EVEN HAVE SHOWN UP,she had the GOLDEN opportunity to teach MTV A LESSON.mtv are a bunch of cold hearted bastards,no heart,no nothing,i wouldnt watch them for love NOR MONEY.its NO WONDER michael DIDNT want to do alot of television and etc. screw them and their dumbasses.i cant beleive HIS family would even show up much less act like THEY were SO HONORED to have been there.this also explains WHY THIS LAST awards show was SO not an honor to michael.may they all rot in hell and their hell be FILLED WITH PHOTOS OF MICHAEL
marsheliamorgan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 612

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hungry on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:50 pm

This is DISGUSTING. I never even knew this happened because I was in third grade at the time. They imitate him, and make fun of him, and seven years later they say, "OH HELLO. WE ARE PRAISING THE MAN WE ONCE MOCKED AND WE WANT MONEY FOR IT."
No. Karma does not work that way.
I hope they get it - BIG TIME. Because, seriously, if it weren't for Michael, all the black artists wouldn't be what they are.
POO HEADS.
hungry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 635
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverAutumn65 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:02 pm

This is my first post on the board.I hate it to sound so rude but this just pisses me the f*ck off! MTV can kiss my ass!
ForeverAutumn65

Aantal berichten : 17
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-18
Leeftijd : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YveLoVesMJ on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 pm

ForeverAutumn65 wrote:This is my first post on the board.I hate it to sound so rude but this just pisses me the f*ck off! MTV can kiss my ass!

Welcome, you'll feel great here and yes I agree with you!
YveLoVesMJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 386
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ Love on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 pm

ForeverAutumn65 wrote:This is my first post on the board.I hate it to sound so rude but this just pisses me the f*ck off! MTV can kiss my ass!

Hi Forever Autumn!
WELCOME TO THE BOARD! Glad to have you....
Oh and Great Post.

MTV has really sold their soul to the devil. I mean seriously. JUst look at this years AWARDS show.
And looking at this past awards show, is just one of thr many hints confirming they are satan worshippers.
BAH HUMBUG to MTV.
CLASSLESS TV! They should chage it to CTV OR STV SATAN TV.
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SmoothCriminal82 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:01 pm

F*ck MTV...I really really felt bad or michael when they started making fun of him because of this...

If they were able to do that to one of the greatest in showbussines...imagine what they have done to others.

We should do something about this...BOYCOTT MTV...or anytime they have anything relating to MJ, something should be done...

THEY CANNOT GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!!

LETS START PLOTTING PEOPLE!!!!!

TOGETHER THEY CANNOT BRING US DOWN!!!!!
SmoothCriminal82
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mjthelegendlives on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 pm

MichelleMissesMJ wrote:Oh and BTW, now i'm thinking about it. How can Jant Jackson go and do at tribute on MTV VMA, after they did that to her brother?????????? DDDDUUUUUHHHH. Now i'm vexed.

That reminds me of her "FU all" face...but still...why was she there?

I really really with all my heart and soul hope that MJ gives MTV a big lesson.
mjthelegendlives
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 424
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ Love on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:35 pm

SmoothCriminal82 wrote:F*ck MTV...I really really felt bad or michael when they started making fun of him because of this...

We should do something about this...BOYCOTT MTV...or anytime they have anything relating to MJ, something should be done...

THEY CANNOT GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!!

LETS START PLOTTING PEOPLE!!!!!

TOGETHER THEY CANNOT BRING US DOWN!!!!!

I AGREE 100000000%! If no one complains they will keep doing their crazy antics and etc. They may think people think its funny, BUT we DO NOT. It's offensive, childish and disrespectful to Michael PERIOD!

I wonder if THE VINDICATION FOR MICHAEL SITE WILL HELP US GET THIIS BOYCOTT GOING.
I will contact CATHERINE COY I beleive over there.
I'm sure Other MJ sites may be interested in joining in.

HIS FANS need to be heard that we will not tolerate this BLATANT DISRESPECT FROM MTV!!!! It's been going on for WAYYYYY TOO LONG.
I wish I would have seen this years ago.
I saw this about 2 years ago on Youtube and was disgusted.
But, now, its raging in all of us.
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Human_nature on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:40 pm

I think some people in this world need to realise now how MJ fans are very very protective and how we can have power too. I think they underestimate the power of Michael and his fans. We are his army, always been his army and it will never end.

They really need to be careful now, because we're still here and we'll fight for him
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:40 pm

I honestly have never had anything for MTV-everything they do is an assault on anything respectful-in doing this they were slapping the hand that fed them. I have read this article before and what I have wondered is if Brittany knew what they were doing? It is so sad-and they are not the only ones..I have refused to buy anything that Rolling Stone has put out in "commemeration" since June 25th..theres was the most biast and two faced commemerative issue from what I saw.Then in the very next month they put out a horrible looking issue that was supposed to speak of his "last days"-I was like why? Why are you gonna do this? Show his worst looking pictures and paint him up like some crazy person? Is that not what you did while he was here? It just makes me sick..and sicker that people buy it-even still now.
neverlandprincess

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:41 pm

Human_nature wrote:I think some people in this world need to realise now how MJ fans are very very protective and how we can have power too. I think they underestimate the power of Michael and his fans. We are his army, always been his army and it will never end.

They really need to be careful now, because we're still here and we'll fight for him

Exactly-the bond -it undeniable..he knew it too. Or knows it.
neverlandprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jade jackson on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:45 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:
MJJ Love wrote:The same night there was a controversy as to whether or not MTV actually gave Jackson an award, with some insiders saying higher-ups had MTV pull the award to teach Jackson a lesson. This was around or after the big falling out Jackson had with Sony Music.

And again, I suspect Sony had a hand in this as part of the plan to bring MJ down.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Suspect

You and me both.
jade jackson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 209

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:47 pm

jade jackson wrote:
annieisnotokey wrote:

I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

mmmm-include it your theory Annie? I'm gonna let my mom read your theory when your done.

You and me both.
neverlandprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ Love on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:49 pm

neverlandprincess wrote:I honestly have never had anything for MTV-everything they do is an assault on anything respectful-in doing this they were slapping the hand that fed them. I have read this article before and what I have wondered is if Brittany knew what they were doing? It is so sad-and they are not the only ones..I have refused to buy anything that Rolling Stone has put out in "commemeration" since June 25th..theres was the most biast and two faced commemerative issue from what I saw.Then in the very next month they put out a horrible looking issue that was supposed to speak of his "last days"-I was like why? Why are you gonna do this? Show his worst looking pictures and paint him up like some crazy person? Is that not what you did while he was here? It just makes me sick..and sicker that people buy it-even still now.

Agreed NeverLand Princess!
And you are sooo right, I flew out on the 29th of June and picked up a Tribute Magazine and I was appalled at their issue. Very contradicting, disrepesctful, not memorial like at all. I was pissed I paid $8 for it. I read it on the airplane and was just utterly flabbergasted that they had the B*lls to write what they did and claim it an a tribute. WTF? It was the one they had eith Young Michael on the front.

Yeah, If Britney knew then she loses A LOT of cool points with me!
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ Love on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Human_nature wrote:I think some people in this world need to realise now how MJ fans are very very protective and how we can have power too. I think they underestimate the power of Michael and his fans. We are his army, always been his army and it will never end.

VERY TRUE!
I wish there was some way we could all get together, especially the ones with sites and speak on what we need to do to begin shutting all the disrespect and hate down for good!
We will become KNOWN to the world, AS MJ's TRSUTED SOLDIERS and SUPPORTERS FOR LIFE and THAT WE MEAN BUSINESS!!

Is anyone connected with MAJOR FAN SITES on the net? Or maybe is there already one in place? If here isI have not heard a peep out of them or heard about them.
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:06 pm

If you guys are serious about letting MTV know that their treatment of MJ is unacceptable, consider also targeting the MTV advertisers.

Advertising revenue is gold to any network. Without it, they do not exist.

There have been many examples of advertisers receiving pressure to pull out of certain programs or away from networks when consumers threaten to boycot their products and services.

Networks sell advertising space because they convince advertisers that the network and it's programming will reach certain desired target groups.

Money talks.

I pulled their marketing sheet to give you an idea of what I mean in terms of how MTV relies on advertisers. The Advertising contact info listed at the bottom are the people who interact with MTV advertisers. It might not hurt to let them know that you will be reaching to their advertisers to ask that they stop advertising on MTV. LOL...it will definitely rattle their cages.

<BLOCKQUOTE>1. There is only one channel that owns the young adult demographic. Young adults 12-34 name MTV as the most recognized network. MTV is the best way to connect with 12-34’s who are 91 million strong and growing, and represent 33% of the U.S. population. They look to MTV to find out about their world in their language, from their point of view.
2. There is only one channel that taps into the financially powerful young adult demographic. They’re young, and they’ve got money spend. The MTV audience wields over 250 billion dollars in buying power. Our audience is 198% more likely than Total U.S. 12-34 year-olds to reside in homes with a HHI $75K+and represent $250 billion in spending power. By the year 2010, young adult spending power is projected to be $350 billion.
3. No other channel can deliver the young adult demographic like MTV. MTV is consistently named the top choice for advertisers who want to reach this coveted market, MTV has been voted World’s Most Valuable Media Brand four years in a row. "MTV has had as far-reaching an influence on many facets of popular culture as any cable television network. It’s (MTV) effects on music, TV and lifestyle fashions have been deep and enduring" (Daily News, 7/01). Why? "Everyone who has a TV knows there is something called MTV." (Businessweek, 2/18/02). Since most cable networks typically skew 35+, you could be missing out on reaching valuable young viewers. By adding MTV to your media schedule, you can attract and capitalize on the12-34 year old audience.
4. Our audience is deciding what they want. MTV’s median age is exactly when a majority of young American adults begin to form life-long brand loyalties. Young adults 15-17 are excited consumers and extremely impressionable. Now is the time to influence their choices. 12-34 year olds have higher brand recall and more recognition than 35-49 year olds. In fact 69% make their purchasing decisions based on brand name, not price.
5. Our audience gets what they want. When it comes down to shelling out money, this crowd wields a lot of influence and spending power. In total, persons age 12-34 accounted for 41% of all retail shopping dollars spent last year. In fact, 12-34s spend more money shopping per person than did those over 35 years of age. Plus, "48% of young adults have a say in family decisions from paper towels to vacations" (USA Today, 10/6/99).
In the past year, MTV viewers 18-34 have spent:
• $8 billion of on clothing expenditures
• $845.5 million on video game systems
• $2.2 billion on fine jewelry
• $5.5 billion on major household furnishings
• $885 billion on audio equipment
• $5.3 billion on foreign vacations
• $21.6 billion on personal computers (home use).
6. Our audience just keeps on watching. MTV has experienced ratings growth over the last two years among our target audience of 12-34 year-olds. MTVhas spent 26 consecutive quarters (3Q97-2Q03) as the top rated basic cable network. And the audience just wants more and more and more MTV. Get on board today. MTV can take you where you need to be.
Source: Nielsen, 2003 US Census; Nielsen Base P12+2; Nielsen UE Estimates for 2002/2003 Teenage Reasearch Limited, Fall 1998, U.S. Census Bureau;
Interbrand Survey 2003; Teenage Research Unlimited, Fall 1998; Nielsen 2Q99, Youth Markets Alert April 1998 and Dubrow "Advertising Recognition Recall by Age", 1995, Nielsen 3Q ’02, MRI Doublebase 2003, Base 18+
</BLOCKQUOTE>

<B>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
Median Age: </B>21
Median Income:
$49,773
Income:
47% of all MTV viewing households have an income of $50,000 or more per year and 22% have an income of $75,000 or more per year.
Education:
42% more likely to have college.Source: Nielsen, 04/01/02-06/30/02. Base 2+; MRI Spring 2001, Nielsen. PNF 2Q’00, MRI Doublebase 2003
</BLOCKQUOTE>

Northeastern Region
1515 Broadway-11th Floor
New York, NY 10036
(212) 258-8000
Fax: 846-2348
Peter Griffin - 212-258-8579
Southeastern Region
950 East Paces Ferry Road-Suite 2440
Atlanta, GA 30326
(404) 814-7800
Fax: (404) 814-7812
Affiliate Ad Sales
JASON MALAMUD VP, Affiliate Ad Sales
(212) 846-8409

Western Region
2600 Colorado Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90404
(310) 752-8000
Fax: (310) 752-8060
Central Region
401 N. Michigan Avenue-Suite 1500
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 755-0310
Fax: (312) 755-1251

National Ad Sales
DOUG ROHRER
EVP & General Sales Manager
(212) 258-8210
Visit the MTV Web Site
Visit the MTV Affiliate Web site
View Additional Network Profiles
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:19 pm

@Girl Saturday-you are so right-money talks.
neverlandprincess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:31 pm

One more thing...

If you plan to write letters or send emails to protest your dissatisfaction...remove all signs of emotion. They do NOT care how you FEEL. They care about how much you watch , your age, buying power (income) and how much you spend with the advertisers that do business with them.

Hello,

My name is Sue and I was so hurt that your progam was disrespectful to Michael Jackson. I love Michael and he is the greatest performer to ever live. It made me angry to see your program disrespect his spirit and soul during the VMAs.

Do not do it again!

Sincerely,

Sue

Hello,

My name is Sue. I am a 23 yr old teacher who lives in London. I watch your programming and have noticed a severe decline. For example the 2009 VMAs which was promoted as a tribute to Michael Jackson. The tribute never materialized. The show was an insult to viewers. I spend XXX amount with several of your key advertisers i.e. (name the advertisers). I will be contacting them to let them know that your programming no longer appeals to viewers like myself. If they want to reach me and continue to encourage me to spend money using their products then they will not find me watching MTV any longer. Please change your programming to the level that does not insult viewers otherwise you will continue to lose them and the advertisers who seek to reach them.

Sincerely,

Sue

The first letter will tossed.
The second letter will grab their attention.
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:38 pm

I am with you on this one. I never watched it much anyway. I think everyone on this forum should not watch MTV and we should pass it on to everyone we know. Let's get them where it hurts the most. I won't buy any Beatle mania either that Sony just happened to put out either. We'll get all of those bastards where it hurts the most. We are MJ's Soldiers and we will vindicate him. We are a mighty force and very strong. Keep the Faith!

YveLoVesMJ wrote:I'll never watch MTV again! NEVER!
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmoothCriminal82 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Im thinkin whoever lives in NY we can start by protesting in front of their studios...all dressed up as MJ...Or militant style (MJ's ARMY)..all as One....YOU can count me in...in from NJ 15 minutes from the city....

WE NEED TO STAND UP AGAINST THIS!!!

NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW!!!!
SmoothCriminal82
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Banessa on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:13 pm

GirlSaturday wrote:One more thing...

If you plan to write letters or send emails to protest your dissatisfaction...remove all signs of emotion. They do NOT care how you FEEL. They care about how much you watch , your age, buying power (income) and how much you spend with the advertisers that do business with them. The first letter will tossed.

I agree with you! Emotions, especially and unfortunately, when they are in regards to Michael Jackson, mean nothing to MTV!!! However, threatening them, in a very subtle way, to contact their sponsors($$$) and let them know how unsatisfied and disrespected we felt with the VMA's, Now that is another story and one that is certainly to get their attention!

IMHO, the best thing we can do is get together maybe even start a petition to send to MTV or simply a personal email letting them know they will start loosing viewrs=money thanks to their lies and antics/schemes to get viewers to watch their shows! Thanks for posting this about MTV

@GirlSaturday thanks for your advice I agree with your example on how to address the big shots over on MTV! Thanks for posting the samples! Smile
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:21 pm

You're welcome.

Marketing and Sales is what I do for a living so I know how the game is played in that business.

LOL..if they cared about emotions or feelings then they wouldn't have tricked MJ fans into watching the tribute that never existed. They only care about ratings and advertising revenues.

Banessa wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:One more thing...

If you plan to write letters or send emails to protest your dissatisfaction...remove all signs of emotion. They do NOT care how you FEEL. They care about how much you watch , your age, buying power (income) and how much you spend with the advertisers that do business with them. The first letter will tossed.

I agree with you! Emotions, especially and unfortunately, when they are in regards to Michael Jackson, mean nothing to MTV!!! However, threatening them, in a very subtle way, to contact their sponsors($$$) and let them know how unsatisfied and disrespected we felt with the VMA's, Now that is another story and one that is certainly to get their attention!

IMHO, the best thing we can do is get together maybe even start a petition to send to MTV or simply a personal email letting them know they will start loosing viewrs=money thanks to their lies and antics/schemes to get viewers to watch their shows! Thanks for posting this about MTV

@GirlSaturday thanks for your advice I agree with your example on how to address the big shots over on MTV! Thanks for posting the samples!
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlInTheMirror1 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:36 am

Are they kidding? MJ made Mtv what it is now, and first they ridicule him, now they feel sorry? Too little, too late..
GirlInTheMirror1

Aantal berichten : 323
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthAngel90 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:25 am

I am so glad , I don't watch MTV anymore (cut myself off a year ago) ... they were original in the 80's - now - they are boring as hell & I can't watch it at all ... They are Haters on Michael .... Boycott MTV ... I think it is one a hell of great idea !!!! I am on it %100 percent to Boycott MTV ... They aren't Music .... they are just TV ....
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 27

View user profile http://Youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Post by eva05 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:49 am

omg, I can't watch this at all, it's too painful...
How DARE they?! Somebody should teach them a lesson!
eva05
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 144
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-30
Leeftijd : 43

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rowdyangel on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:42 am

I never knew about this!!!!! Where have I been living for the past 7 years scratch

I'm quite p****d about that!!!! If I was in NYC I would not hesitate at protesting outside of their studios. Disgusting.

MTV = Michael Jackson haters!!!! Scum!!!
rowdyangel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 462
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ1982 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:48 am

This is really disgusting............

I don't watch MTV at all, but this makes me really hate them....

Poor Michael...
MJJ1982
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 578
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jess.loves.mj on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:09 am

SmoothCriminal82 wrote:TOGETHER THEY CANNOT BRING US DOWN!!!!!

But together WE can bring THEM down!

F YOU MTV.

I had no idea about that. Probably because I've never watched MTV. And after seeing that, never will.
jess.loves.mj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 102
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Leeftijd : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:24 am

MTV is filled with a bunch of tools!! I haven't watched MTV for nearly 7 yrs now(only watched tribute thru youtube) and have no regrets

but one thing I don't understand is why did Janet agree to participate in the tribute in the first place which was not even close to one and with such a shady creeps like MTV??? she would have known surely what/who of the 'tribute' having been one of the performers there adn the fact that it was for her brother (yeah right!)? she would have known that this was goint 2 b nothing but a pathetic and horrible way to use Michael's name and drag his reputation to the mud in the process by MTV while raising the ratings??
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top