Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony

+3
Red Velvet
EarthAngel90
CharlieBarley
7 posters

Go down

This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Empty This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony

Post by CharlieBarley Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:53 am

Guys please can you tell me your thoughts and help me get my understanding right. This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Icon_redface

As we all know Michael had a hard time with Sony, they dragged him through mud. My concern is Sony treated him so bad and the 'This Is It Movie' is in association with Sony, if I understand, correctly? I really want to see the film, but should we give them the support as it is to do with Sony? I really don't know what to do? How do you all feel? This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Confused
CharlieBarley
CharlieBarley
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 139
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 42

Back to top Go down

This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Empty Re: This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony

Post by EarthAngel90 Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:18 am

50/50 with me on the movie ..... with Sony involved .... I think we support the movie by seeing it for Michael ... sony doesn't bother me much ....
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 34

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Empty Re: This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony

Post by Red Velvet Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:34 am

I'm mostly concerned because of not being clear on a couple of things.

Fans "think" that this is a Michael Jackson presentation and that it is a part of a huge comeback. That's a potential problem for fans because IMO the only reason fans think that is because Sony/AEG are marketing it as being an MJ movie, and I hate when fans are fooled.

I'm afraid that Sony and AEG are using fans to market Michael, in order to recoup what they would have made on the London shows and to sell more MJ records than have probably sold since June 25th.

On top of that, the owner of AEG, Phillip Anshuntz owns the theatre chain this movie will be shown in. Look him up, you will see. That bothers me along with the fact that some fans have questions as to whether all of the frames contain actual MJ footage.

This would be one good reason for us to discover what, if anything Michael has had to do with this movie because if the answer is 'nothing' we need to boycott the hell out of it.

Especially is Michael is alive. He needs, and deserves a unified stand of loyalty. Not blind "obedience" to Sony and AEG's marketing ploys.

If Michael is still alive (and if this is not some grand "comeback") it can only hurt Michael for fans to turn out and support the very company that he is quite possibly trying to keep from killing him, even to this day...if he's alive. And if he's not, then it should speak for itself what fans should do. We need to really get busy making some conclusive determinations on Michael's status.
Red Velvet
Red Velvet
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 322
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieBarley Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:48 am

Thank you Red Velvet!! That was the sort of info I was looking for! I have had concerns about Sony being involved, and if we support them, we are letting MJ down big time! Especially when MJ tried to raise awareness about Sony, and he put his own neck on the line with this speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4NwrMtgw8

I tell you what, if it is a way to pull back the money for the lost concerts, which I have a bad feeling it is, and as you said AEG/sony pulling the wool over our eyes, then I think we should cause absolute uproar. This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Icon_mad

I think we just need to now make sure, if we are to watch the film that we all bare this in mind.
CharlieBarley
CharlieBarley
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 139
Leeftijd : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Velvet Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:10 am

Yes, we have to first figure out for ourselves exactly what they're up to if we possibly can.

If it turns out to be "no good" then we can distribute this to all fans on all fan boards all over the world and wait a day or two for the movie to come out on bootleg!!! That'll REALLY get them!!

It won't stop the general public but it will stop AEG/Sony from abusing MJ's fans anymore than they already have.

If we are on the wrong track, then we can freely support the film as we'd wished and let all be well...but I'd like for us to find that out before we go running to the movie theatre just because they put together one hell of a trailer. No sirreeee.

I have to go to sleep now, but I hope this thread will still be up tomorrow.

We need to make bullet points on

- what we know,

- what we don't know,

- what we need to know.

and go from there

Good thread!! Thanks for making it.
Red Velvet
Red Velvet
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 322
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ilprincipe Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:18 am

I decided to watch the movie...but I will be prepared to leave the theatre -after the movie-
without seeing any clues!
I don't expect to get any answers of all my questions....

I'll watch this movie alone...don't know if there are other peeps in the theatre who share my opinion there...
and maybe there are clues and I don't realize them...
because I'm not so good in seeing them...

So if it is really just a boring movie about rehearsals...
-the promise was "like you've never seen him before"-
then it's ok for me and I won't break down.

MJ still owns parts of Sony...so you don't support just Sony but also MJ...
ilprincipe
ilprincipe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 934
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:22 am

I'll try and locate the source but I was under the impression that 90% goes to MJ's estate and only 10% goes to Sony. Yes, I know that is quite lop-sided so I will check for the source for proof.

I also had the same concern. It would be like rewarding them for making his life miserable.
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 am

I know this was discussed in another thread yesterday but I'm still baffled by the fact that on 9th September the Beatles' box set and guitar hero game were released..Michael owns the Beatles catalogue and some of the band's songs are being played on numerous occasions lately as some members here have pointed out a few times..Paul McCartney said that he has to pay money just to sing his own songs and didn't seem too happy about it..

although the other half of shares of the Sony is owned by Michael, alot of stuffs like the Beatles albums being released makes me wonder whether Sony had Michael's permission to do so? This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Icon_scratch
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:41 am

MJSmile4Us wrote:I know this was discussed in another thread yesterday but I'm still baffled by the fact that on 9th September the Beatles' box set and guitar hero game were released..Michael owns the Beatles catalogue and some of the band's songs are being played on numerous occasions lately as some members here have pointed out a few times..Paul McCartney said that he has to pay money just to sing his own songs and didn't seem too happy about it..

although the other half of shares of the Sony is owned by Michael, alot of stuffs like the Beatles albums being released makes me wonder whether Sony had Michael's permission to do so? This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Icon_scratch

Very interesting. I read an article in the newspaper yesterday about the beatles. This is what it says:

"FANS FLOCK TO REISSUES OF BEATLES"

Nearly 40 years after breaking up, the Beatles are still breaking records.

EMI Group PLC says consumers in North America, Japan, and the U.K. bought more than 2.25 million copies of the Fab Four's remastered albums in the first five days after their release Sept. 9.

On Billboard magazine's pop chart, the band had 16 titles in the top 50.

Why does this September 9th date keep coming up??? I know there was a thread about it and all of the clues. Was the release of the Beatles remastered albums a clue??? It's just too coincidental that I keep seeing the date of 09-09-09!!!
Savannah
Savannah
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 386
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:07 am

Savannah wrote:
MJSmile4Us wrote:I know this was discussed in another thread yesterday but I'm still baffled by the fact that on 9th September the Beatles' box set and guitar hero game were released..Michael owns the Beatles catalogue and some of the band's songs are being played on numerous occasions lately as some members here have pointed out a few times..Paul McCartney said that he has to pay money just to sing his own songs and didn't seem too happy about it..

Very interesting. I read an article in the newspaper yesterday about the beatles. This is what it says:

"FANS FLOCK TO REISSUES OF BEATLES"

Nearly 40 years after breaking up, the Beatles are still breaking records.

EMI Group PLC says consumers in North America, Japan, and the U.K. bought more than 2.25 million copies of the Fab Four's remastered albums in the first five days after their release Sept. 9.

On Billboard magazine's pop chart, the band had 16 titles in the top 50.

Why does this September 9th date keep coming up??? I know there was a thread about it and all of the clues. Was the release of the Beatles remastered albums a clue??? It's just too coincidental that I keep seeing the date of 09-09-09!!!

Thank u 4 posting the article This Is It Movie My Concern With Sony Icon_smile I agree with u, it is weird and I believe that this date may somehow have some connection with Michael (Beatles = Sptember 9th = Michael = Sony). IF we say that Michael passed on, wt would become of his 50% share of the company and the Beatles catalogue? woudl they go to his next of kin, his children?? this is bcoz whe I read another thread here yesterday concerning the possibility that the 2002 will may b fake and someone pointed out that one of the reasons behind this fabrication would hav been to control Michael's estate by Branca and Mclain to make money for themselves..
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down