Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca

+4
Antonia_II
city.gal1
ilprincipe
nlb
8 posters

Go down

Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca Empty Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca

Post by nlb Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca

Posted Oct 1st 2009 4:39PM by TMZ Staff
Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca 1001_branca_mj_exTMZ has learned an attorney acting on behalf of at least two members of Michael Jackson'sfamily will go to court tomorrow and ask the judge to boot named co-executor John Branca from the case, but there's something they don't know.

Attorney Brian Oxman -- the lawyer who pops up from time to time in the Jackson saga -- says he has a document proving Jackson fired Branca.

Branca served as Jackson's lawyer on and off for 29 years. Sources connected to Branca freely admit Jackson fired the lawyer in 1990, but rehired him 3 years later. We're also told Branca quit Michael in 2006 because Jackson insisted on hiring "advisors" Branca believed would do great harm to MJ.

A month before Jackson died, he began conversations
with Branca, saying he wanted him back in the fold. We've learned on June 17, eight days before Jackson died, Jackson signed a letter hiring Branca back as his lawyer.

Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the estate, confirmed, "In mid-June, Michael Jackson retained John Branca to represent him as general and entertainment counsel in his business and personal affairs." Weitzman added, "The letter retaining Branca was shared with lawyers for Katherine Jackson very early in the probate proceedings."

Attorney Londell McMillan, who reps Katherine Jackson, tells TMZ "We will not comment on what we will do tomorrow." McMillan also had no comment on Brian Oxman, but did say he had "valuable information."

Last edited by nlb on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca Empty Re: Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca

Post by ilprincipe Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:12 pm

I also read it some mins. ago...
Don't know how to rate it....
ilprincipe
ilprincipe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 934
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 43

Back to top Go down

Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca Empty Re: Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca

Post by nlb Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 pm

I know nothing about Estate laws or this probate stuff, so I have a question-if Branca isn't legally MJ's lawyer does it make everything he's done so far void? Is this a loophole?
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by city.gal1 Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:25 pm

I think there are 2 different issues here:

1- Branca was rehired (alledgedly) to act as Michael's attorney. I assume this to mean his "general" attorney.

2- Branca was named as a co-executor in the 2002 trust.

I'm not sure that one necessarily piggybacks on the other, aren't these 2 different aspects? I

n other words, Branca doesn't neccesarily have to be Michael's business attorney to be the co-executor of the trust.
city.gal1
city.gal1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 556
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonia_II Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:27 pm

The will is a fake. The June 17 letter was supposed to improve Branca's position. The court hearing will be tomorrow. It will be very interesting. Revealing.
Antonia_II
Antonia_II

Aantal berichten : 2
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by applesaucers Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:48 pm

If MJ's dead... The family can't trust Branca? Why? MJ does (nearly 30 years is solid enough proof) and they should respect that... stop trying to control everything, Jackson family. You FAIL. GTFO. I believe the will was pretty clear.

If MJ's alive... LMAO. I wonder what's going to happen tomorrow now that most of us know that the will is more than likely bogus. More clues or something?
applesaucers
applesaucers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 66
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mjssoulmate Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Why would they go againdt him? He has done nothing but bring money into the estate.
mjssoulmate
mjssoulmate
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1043
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by spider monkey Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:19 am

their complaint seems to be coming too late in the day. branca and mcclain have, to date, already negotatiated good deals for the estate and are running after merchandise fakers. issues such as this are becoming tiring for me. if the motive is just to keep MJ in the news, i hope they think of something positive, like something nice they're doing for him, or in memory of him (because they're saying he's dead) which does not involve a concern about money or the estate.

why are they so surprised that MJ re-hired branca, when he also just re-hired frank dileo? these people helped him a lot back in the day. maybe he got tired of the procession of bad managers and decided to go back to those who really helped his career and investments.

but then again, i wonder if this is just rumor? i don't know what to believe anymore...
spider monkey
spider monkey
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 69
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 pm

If MJ fired him AGAIN in 2006 then why didnt he update his will as such? the will is from 2002....youd think he would have changed the will...but he did not!!! HA!
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
THE JACKSONOLOGIST

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum