Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interpretation of the term LEGACY

4 posters

Go down

interpretation of the term LEGACY Empty interpretation of the term LEGACY

Post by jenn77 Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:14 am

My belief is that a legacy would be something no longer existing in the present, something left behind by someone from the past. Does everyone agree with me on that? Correct me if I am wrong. Now I would like to know if when MJ was still "living"(whatever that means these days) could we speak of his legacy? Or should we only start talking about a Michael Jackson Legacy only after his death?

Someone created a twitter account on the 25th of april 2009 and then another one was created in july of 09. IS IT JUST ME OR IS THIS NOT A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS?
jenn77
jenn77
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 211
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-26
Leeftijd : 46

Back to top Go down

interpretation of the term LEGACY Empty Re: interpretation of the term LEGACY

Post by city.gal1 Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:49 am

legacy noun

/ˈleg.ə.si/ n [C]

money or property that you receive from someone after they die
An elderly cousin had left her a small legacy.

something that is a part of your history or which stays from an earlier time
The Greeks have a rich legacy of literature.
The war has left a legacy of hatred.

...IMO it can be viewed in the past tense as in after one's death but also as a one's past works even if they are still around.
city.gal1
city.gal1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 556
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jenn77 Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:53 am

So it makes no sense that someone would refer to MJ's legacy before he even died? Right?
jenn77
jenn77
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dontmakeitfactual Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:06 pm

Yes, imo it would be a little odd to have used the word legacy before he 'died'. I don't think it'd be grammatically wrong, but colloquially it would seem to imply there would be no more to come from him, even though he was alive.
That's how I would interpret it...
What twitter account is this, Jenn?
dontmakeitfactual
dontmakeitfactual
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 177
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by city.gal1 Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:07 pm

I'm not sure.

For example, let's say anyone prestigious that has accomplished much in their life is still around but not active in what they used to do, couldn't their past work still be a legacy? (I'm trying to come up with a current example but can't think of anyone because IT IS usually used in the past tense.)

My personal conclusion is that it is probably more used in terms of when someone is actually gone.

What have you found??
city.gal1
city.gal1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenn77 Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20 pm

I also understood that the term is normally used when the person is gone. And I know MJ was not very active anymore in the industry but he was regularly coming up with new singles and he had made the announcement of his 50 concerts.... I dont know.... I have my own perception of everything. Basically, I think the plan was a movie all along but a different kind where the public would actually play a part unknowingly.
jenn77
jenn77
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by city.gal1 Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:39 pm

So you mean he's probably sitting back and laughing his head off at all of us for running around finding clues? or that we would (supposedly) be clueless? Ugh, I'm going to have to sign off - been spending to much time on this. Tomorrow will be another day, lol.
city.gal1
city.gal1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenn77 Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:51 pm

LOL

I didn't say he is laughing his head off at us! I'm only saying I think he planned to whole death scene in somewhat of a sloppy way because he knew his fans would know better and start searching for him. Then monitoring everything on the net and observing what clues people have caught onto, stuff like that. I also think he may have meant for us to be able to figure out the truth before TII came out, not too sure of that though. He is probably using this opportunity as well to get his point out to everyone to beware of the media, how easily lies can come from them.

THIS IS ALL JUST SPECULATION THOUGH I am not affirming in anyway that this is really what is really going on, just a really strong gut feeling I have.
jenn77
jenn77
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:59 pm

jenn77 wrote:LOL

I didn't say he is laughing his head off at us! I'm only saying I think he planned to whole death scene in somewhat of a sloppy way because he knew his fans would know better and start searching for him. Then monitoring everything on the net and observing what clues people have caught onto, stuff like that. I also think he may have meant for us to be able to figure out the truth before TII came out, not too sure of that though. He is probably using this opportunity as well to get his point out to everyone to beware of the media, how easily lies can come from them.

THIS IS ALL JUST SPECULATION THOUGH I am not affirming in anyway that this is really what is really going on, just a really strong gut feeling I have.

Always go with your GUT feeling. Then you can't be all wrong interpretation of the term LEGACY Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by city.gal1 Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:03 pm

jenn77 wrote:LOL

I didn't say he is laughing his head off at us! .

I meant this in a facetious manner -- I don't really think he's laughing at us either, just a bad way of expressing myself.

I find myself agreeing with your theory.
city.gal1
city.gal1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Human_nature Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:57 pm

jenn77 wrote:My belief is that a legacy would be something no longer existing in the present, something left behind by someone from the past. Does everyone agree with me on that? Correct me if I am wrong. Now I would like to know if when MJ was still "living"(whatever that means these days) could we speak of his legacy? Or should we only start talking about a Michael Jackson Legacy only after his death?

Someone created a twitter account on the 25th of april 2009 and then another one was created in july of 09. IS IT JUST ME OR IS THIS NOT A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS?

can you give the link of those twitter accounts please.

thanks.
Human_nature
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content