SHOULD I GO SEE THE MOVIE OR WHAT?..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SHOULD I GO SEE THE MOVIE OR WHAT?..

Post by JustJamiee on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Guys, Im sooooo confused on whether I should go see TII or not..
For one reason I know i'm going to CRY LIKE A BABY and I don't wanna do that
to myself right now. At first people were saying there will be 33 Clues in TII, so I was like
okay, okay, i'll see it just to watch for clues. But NOW people are saying Michael had
nothing to do with the TII movie, it was all AEG and Sony. PLUS, I've got Karen Faye and the
whole 'This is NOT it' campaign screaming in my ears about how we're going to be watching Michael
waste away in the movie. Being forced to work long hours, ect, ect.
Even though I think he's alive, I'm STILL grieving for some reason.
Everytime I see some hypocrite wearing a, "Michael Jackson King of Pop" or "King of Pop 1958-2009" shirt ect.
I just want to burst into tears. I just RECENTLY started being able to listen to his music because it used to make me sad.
So GOD KNOWS I can't go see a movie wear i'm basically watching him DIE. Are you guys going to see it?
JustJamiee
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 176
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOULD I GO SEE THE MOVIE OR WHAT?..

Post by April-R on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 pm

I have to admitt - Yes I'll go and watch the movie.
I know it's kind of cruel but I really hope to find something there...
What I don't know is how I will react. He looks like a third of the former healthy michael. And seeing him performing in his condition.. - Believe me I'm prepared for some tears.
April-R
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 99
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-10
Leeftijd : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:21 pm

I cant go so I hope some one will tell me about it!!
I dont wanna go by myself...
THE JACKSONOLOGIST

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Well! I've decided that I am not going. MJ wouldn't have wanted his rehearsals released into a movie since he wasn't at his top performance according to LaToya. It's all AEG/SONY making a profit off the MJ name. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray/DVD. They didn't believe in MJ from the beginning anyway since they never showed the original Promo for This Is It. There were trailers of some of his shows from the past. I personally don't want to be disappointed from something he didn't approve of in the first place. Keep the Faith!
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by city.gal1 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm going by myself -- I want to see TII movie so that I can make up my mind about some things.

For some reason, even though I haven't been "following" MJ for the last 10-15 years, his "death" has had a profound sad effect on me. I sort of grew up with him, we're in the same age range, went through the "thriller" era, maybe that's why. I sort of lost touch with what was going on with him except for the big news as I got older and had my own life issues.
city.gal1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 556
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JustJamiee on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Yeah, I know Latoya said he wouldn't want people to see it because it's just rehearsals and
rehearsals aren't his best. But I dunno..
I probably will go just out of curiosity.
Thanks everyone.
JustJamiee
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yitsy on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Wait a month or so, the DVD will be out by then. Will make a great xmas present.
I'm sure AEG/Sony are "banking on that" also.
yitsy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 98
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by badloving on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:56 pm

it's not coming in my town....i think i would go just to judge for myself......my friend is going,,,she lives in another town now....and i can't wait for her to come out from the cinema and tell me everything on the phone....but to be honest i don't expect any clues there....
badloving
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 203
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by icy55 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:13 pm

what i see is a tired and exhausted Michael. He never wanted any of this. He cant be performing how he did 20 years ago!
icy55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 347
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:36 pm

I am going. My brother is going with me. The first showing. Multiple reasons I am going. I will proabably cry my eyes out. I am afraid I will be disspaointed too. I have wrestled with wether or not it is wrong...but the proceeds do go to Katherine and the children so there is an up thought.
neverlandprincess

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ILuvUMoreMJ on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:54 pm

I got tickets for the opening night...I'm going with 5 of my friends. We're all expecting to ball our eyes out so I'm bringing a big box of tissues. I'm not really looking forward to it, I'm actually kind of scared, but I want to judge for myself. If it seems like he really was dying in front of everyone's eyes, then I will boycott everything and everyone involved with the tour for the rest of my life. Sad
ILuvUMoreMJ

Aantal berichten : 977
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marsheliamorgan on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:05 pm

i am going with husband,however,i first wanted to go because there were supppose to be clues in it,now iam not so sure,but,majority of proceeds are going to his mom and children so,i feel as if MICHAEL would HAVE wanted to at least win that war,and yes,i guess i am somewhat of a hypocrite as i do enjoy wearing all my michael jackson shirts,i cant help it,it makes me feel closer in a way (crazy i know)but,as was said before in another post,i grew up with michael too,and feel as if from june 25 a part of my childhood and insides "died" along with "him"that day,i cant cry anymore,i feel completly dehydrated from all this so i am hoping and praying that something will jump out at me or at least come to light.i know am not counting on it,but,i dont feel as if ANY of us got to give him a proper "goodbye" rather a see u later kid,you know?i was crying EVERYTIME i heard one of his songs,or saw any articles on him,but,as i got to reading posts on here,and double checking all the inconsistences,it was like a light went on,a hope,a dream,i dont know,i cant explain,i was praying it wasnt the truth and then, when i saw ALL the inconsistenceis,i thought,well, i am just wishful thinking,but,double checking i started thinking,NOPE,he isnt dead,the king of pop,may well be deceased,but michael jackson,the man,the humanitarian,the kind gentle soul,lives on SOMEWHERE. i am just now praying he is safe,and protected.anyway,i am hoping by seeing the movie,it will start the healing of all the stress,and unhappiness that has been going on since june 25
marsheliamorgan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 612
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:07 pm

I will go with Michael disguised as me and I'll be disguised as Hatman.

PS: I still don't know if I'm going to see it or not.
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JustJamiee on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm

@ marsheliamorgan

Noooo, I'm not calling you a hypocrite.
You're one of the true MJ fans.
The hypocrites are the people who didnt give a flying fart
about michael when he was alive, but all of a sudden are in love with
him and "miss" him. Yet the only songs they know are, Thriller, Beat it, and Billie Jean.
THEY are the hypocrites.
JustJamiee
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:23 pm

@JustJamiee -EXACTLY! Escept I do encourage all the young teens who honestly did not get a chance to ever hear him until now. Now the ones who are old enough to remember the BS he was put thru in the nineties..yeah they have no excuse or right to say "Hey I am fan...now".
@Marshashelia -I understand ...I really really do.
@Annie...you freaking make me laugh.

I love you guys.
neverlandprincess

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mjlmpicons on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 pm

I will be going to see it on the premiere night 10/27, with my daughter. Knowing that his beautiful children will benefit from the proceeds gives me comfort. I know many tears will be shed, because of all the unanswered questions that linger. Will we ever know? I too feel that going and wearing an MJ shirt somehow brings us closer to him, wherever he may be. This is part of his legacy and if done right, then I would not miss it for anything. I am not going with the intention of finding clues, I am going with the intention of celebrating his genius, and to be enlightened by his message to the world. I think that is what this is about, his vision and his genius. At times it just seems that we are all caught up in this complex mystery that we have forgotten to celebrate him. If this is the last I see of him, then I want to celebrate him. This movie will give each of us a chance to see for ourselves what his demeanor & mood really was. We know MJ (as much as we can as his fans) and if something is off with him in this film, we will see it. I rather see for myself and come to my own conclusion than to hear it from someone else. Whoever decides to go, go with convinction and trust your heart.

I hope to come here after so that we can share our experience.

Whatever happens, don't let go of my hand. L.O.V.E.
mjlmpicons
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 54
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 pm

i'm going to see it with my husband in literally 12 days. in the beginning, i was super excited about it, but now i'm not so sure. i still wanna see it, i'm just uncertain as to what i should expect. but it should be worthwhile....
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by speechlessornot on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:51 pm

I hope this hasn't already been posted. sorry if it has.
Katherine Jackson — This Isn't It

Posted Oct 16th 2009 12:40AM by TMZ Staff

Something is going on with the Jackson family …. multiple sources are telling us the family has been invited with open arms to attend the premiere of "This Is It" …. but Katherine Jackson and other family members insist they have been snubbed.
Here's what we know — 60 tickets for the Michael Jackson movie have been offered to the family, yet Katherine insists no one ever called them about getting seats. Several sources tell us they believe the ticket offer was made to certain members of the family but the offer was never relayed to Katherine.
Fact is … Katherine doesn't want to see the movie. She tells TMZ as far as she's concerned it's not a real movie because there is no acting — just rehearsal footage.
But we're also told Jackson's three kids have been telling Katherine they want to see it … bad.
Joe Jackson insists "This is It" is mostly body doubles and "the media is going to tear this movie apart."
Sources say Sony not only offered the Jackson family seats to the premiere, but also offered a private screening.
Is it possible one of Katherine's sons is hoarding info? Just a theory …
speechlessornot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 128
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly J on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:22 am

I´m going to see TII with my husband. I was exited about it too but now I don´t know... I think I wont cry because probably we will see mostly his doubles... I will probably sit with wide open eyes and think if it is him or double, it is real or staged, looking for some clues...maybe wondering, maybe dissapointed, maybe thrilled...

You better don´t cry when you are watching it, otherwise you may miss some important details

I feel like running out of faith since yesterday So I´m ready for dissapointment and hurt. (I think I´m ready)
Butterfly J
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 280
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-01
Leeftijd : 42

View user profile http://littlejan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by miss j on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:04 pm

i'm going but haven't booked any tickets yet. i'll watch it as if i was watching his concert. i will enjoy the movie. hope i can still get the tickets.
miss j
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 255
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top