I was thinking....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I was thinking....

Post by wandulka on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:16 pm

I just remembered that during This Is It we could hear Michael's voice commenting on rainforests, politics etc, it was like he was being interviewed, but we couldn't see his face...I mean, was it part of the rehearsal too? Strucks me as odd.

Btw, ignore me if it's been discussed already.
avatar
wandulka
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 118
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-15
Leeftijd : 26
Woonplaats : Czech republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Rach on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:18 pm

This is why I think it was always intended for a movie. There are things in the movie that just didn't "fit". I was under the impression the filming was Michael's idea so he could look back on it and see what he needed to improve.
avatar
Rach
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 3057
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : In my own little world :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Eva R on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 pm

yes exacly!! I also thought maybe that is from a interview. I think his movie is just a huge message to everyone to heal the world. Because we all know that Michael is really serious about this. Maybe he thought: If I do concerts, not the whole world sees it, but if something big happens and there comes a movie about it, LOTs of people are seeing it and then everyone sees my message: HEAL THE WORLD!!
avatar
Eva R
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 576
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-24
Leeftijd : 23
Woonplaats : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by wandulka on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:24 pm

Exactly!
avatar
wandulka
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 118
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-15
Leeftijd : 26
Woonplaats : Czech republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Eva R on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:27 pm

yeah! I really think he is FREAKIN serious about healing the world! I think it really hurts him to see that the earth is not really healthy anymore.
Lots of things are about heal the world in the movie. earth song, man in the mirror,heal the world. and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S
avatar
Eva R
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 576
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-24
Leeftijd : 23
Woonplaats : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by HoneyPie on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:27 pm

the same question I have...would they have shoewed it during the concerts? I don't think so..and I also don't think it was taken from some kind of interview..it was all for a film...
avatar
HoneyPie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 54
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-31
Woonplaats : Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by looking4truth on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Yeah I thought that that was the point of the movie to bring awareness to that fact of us being the ones to change this world and to not wait for them to change a damn thing. And this is why I don't believe the DEA theory because they are tied to government and I think MJ would need to be so far away from anyone/anything government-related for his own safety. And all of this brings me to the point that yes, it is rather odd to place this in a documentary about his concert rehearsals.
avatar
looking4truth
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 185
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by wandulka on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:31 pm

and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S
Seriously? Same here Where are you from?
avatar
wandulka
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 118
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-15
Leeftijd : 26
Woonplaats : Czech republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by WanaBstartnSthn on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:37 pm

wandulka wrote:I just remembered that during This Is It we could hear Michael's voice commenting on rainforests, politics etc, it was like he was being interviewed, but we couldn't see his face...I mean, was it part of the rehearsal too? Strucks me as odd.

Btw, ignore me if it's been discussed already.

Omg thats true. It's like, we're supposed to believe "Oh, AEG just conveniently had a MJ few voice overs laying around that just fit so perfectly with the rehearsal footage." Yea..ok.. and I'm Halle Berry
avatar
WanaBstartnSthn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 645
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04
Leeftijd : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by wandulka on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:44 pm

WanaBstartnSthn wrote:
wandulka wrote:I just remembered that during This Is It we could hear Michael's voice commenting on rainforests, politics etc, it was like he was being interviewed, but we couldn't see his face...I mean, was it part of the rehearsal too? Strucks me as odd.

Btw, ignore me if it's been discussed already.

Omg thats true. It's like, we're supposed to believe "Oh, AEG just conveniently had a MJ few voice overs laying around that just fit so perfectly with the rehearsal footage." Yea..ok.. and I'm Halle Berry

Yeah, it is ridiculous
avatar
wandulka
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 118
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-15
Leeftijd : 26
Woonplaats : Czech republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Eva R on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:46 pm

wandulka wrote:
and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S
Seriously? Same here Where are you from?

I am from Holland Smile There they had also a trailer of 2012. In every country right?
avatar
Eva R
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 576
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-24
Leeftijd : 23
Woonplaats : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by The Little White Bird on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Omg thats true. It's like, we're supposed to
believe "Oh, AEG just conveniently had a MJ few voice overs laying
around that just fit so perfectly with the rehearsal footage."
Yea..ok.. and I'm Halle Berry

You were really sexy as catwoman. Can i have your phone number?
avatar
The Little White Bird
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 185
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-09
Woonplaats : London England

View user profile http://www.leegreenfield.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by wandulka on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Eva R wrote:
wandulka wrote:
and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S
Seriously? Same here Where are you from?

I am from Holland Smile There they had also a trailer of 2012. In every country right?

I think so
avatar
wandulka
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 118
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-15
Leeftijd : 26
Woonplaats : Czech republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Harleyblonde on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:48 pm

Eva R wrote:yeah! I really think he is FREAKIN serious about healing the world! I think it really hurts him to see that the earth is not really healthy anymore.
Lots of things are about heal the world in the movie. earth song, man in the mirror,heal the world. and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S

Don't wanna be disagreeable but "the earth isn't healthy anymore" I wasn't aware it ever was. Try saying that to the many millions who die every year in the third world countries with disease and hunger of something as simple as lack of clean water, tell that to the parents of a child murdered or raped by someone who will end up serving a sentence of maybe 12 years in countries like the UK, try telling that to the people who are killed everyday through senseless wars and try telling that to the old widows of soldiers killed in the last world war or to the relatives and decendentants of those murdered at camps such as Auswich and all the poor soldiers forced to fight on both sides and kill their fellow man or they would be shot and that was only little more than 60 years ago. The world has needed healing since the days of cavemen and it will never be any different. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but why worry about the envirnment when most people will not even wake up tomorrow as they will starve or be blown up or die of disease that could be cured with a few quid. Michael tried to make a difference but it will have seemed like flogging a dead horse.
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Eva R on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Harleyblonde wrote:
Eva R wrote:yeah! I really think he is FREAKIN serious about healing the world! I think it really hurts him to see that the earth is not really healthy anymore.
Lots of things are about heal the world in the movie. earth song, man in the mirror,heal the world. and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S

Don't wanna be disagreeable but "the earth isn't healthy anymore" I wasn't aware it ever was. Try saying that to the many millions who die every year in the third world countries with disease and hunger of something as simple as lack of clean water, tell that to the parents of a child murdered or raped by someone who will end up serving a sentence of maybe 12 years in countries like the UK, try telling that to the people who are killed everyday through senseless wars and try telling that to the old widows of soldiers killed in the last world war or to the relatives and decendentants of those murdered at camps such as Auswich and all the poor soldiers forced to fight on both sides and kill their fellow man or they would be shot and that was only little more than 60 years ago. The world has needed healing since the days of cavemen and it will never be any different. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but why worry about the envirnment when most people will not even wake up tomorrow as they will starve or be blown up or die of disease that could be cured with a few quid. Michael tried to make a difference but it will have seemed like flogging a dead horse.

I totally understand. Sorry didn't mean to say: not healthy anymore. but I am dutch and 16 so it is really hard for me to talk english and I didn't knew how to say it in english.
It just hurts me so bad, when I hear lots of money for the charity, goes to other stuff, NOT to the people who need it. Like people who can make a water... (don't know the word, sorry) That makes me so angry. My parents want to make a charity to help people in poor countries like africa you know, and then that they go by them selves to bring the stuff, to make water... (don't know the word Razz Razz ) Because they don't want to give money to people that 'say' they going to make water ... Razz and not doiing it.. My parents want to make a charity for a long time.. but now the money crisis is going on so.. They wanna help people a lot Smile Like my mother, every time she sees a person with no house and money and stuff, she gives money Smile And they also think it is good for me because I am autistic so it is hard for me to get a job because I would have to go to my job every day with the train or car and stuff, and it is going to be busy and stuff. Maybe it sounds stupid to you, maybe you guys think, omg, it is not hard to have a job, but for me it is so ... So they thought when I am old enough, I can work for the charity! Like a job you know Smile so it wouldn't be hard for me to find a job and stuff Very Happy I love my parents.
avatar
Eva R
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 576
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-24
Leeftijd : 23
Woonplaats : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Harleyblonde on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:21 pm

Eva R wrote:
Harleyblonde wrote:
Eva R wrote:yeah! I really think he is FREAKIN serious about healing the world! I think it really hurts him to see that the earth is not really healthy anymore.
Lots of things are about heal the world in the movie. earth song, man in the mirror,heal the world. and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S

Don't wanna be disagreeable but "the earth isn't healthy anymore" I wasn't aware it ever was. Try saying that to the many millions who die every year in the third world countries with disease and hunger of something as simple as lack of clean water, tell that to the parents of a child murdered or raped by someone who will end up serving a sentence of maybe 12 years in countries like the UK, try telling that to the people who are killed everyday through senseless wars and try telling that to the old widows of soldiers killed in the last world war or to the relatives and decendentants of those murdered at camps such as Auswich and all the poor soldiers forced to fight on both sides and kill their fellow man or they would be shot and that was only little more than 60 years ago. The world has needed healing since the days of cavemen and it will never be any different. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but why worry about the envirnment when most people will not even wake up tomorrow as they will starve or be blown up or die of disease that could be cured with a few quid. Michael tried to make a difference but it will have seemed like flogging a dead horse.

I totally understand. Sorry didn't mean to say: not healthy anymore. but I am dutch and 16 so it is really hard for me to talk english and I didn't knew how to say it in english.
It just hurts me so bad, when I hear lots of money for the charity, goes to other stuff, NOT to the people who need it. Like people who can make a water... (don't know the word, sorry) That makes me so angry. My parents want to make a charity to help people in poor countries like africa you know, and then that they go by them selves to bring the stuff, to make water... (don't know the word Razz Razz ) Because they don't want to give money to people that 'say' they going to make water ... Razz and not doiing it.. My parents want to make a charity for a long time.. but now the money crisis is going on so.. They wanna help people a lot Smile Like my mother, every time she sees a person with no house and money and stuff, she gives money Smile And they also think it is good for me because I am autistic so it is hard for me to get a job because I would have to go to my job every day with the train or car and stuff, and it is going to be busy and stuff. Maybe it sounds stupid to you, maybe you guys think, omg, it is not hard to have a job, but for me it is so ... So they thought when I am old enough, I can work for the charity! Like a job you know Smile so it wouldn't be hard for me to find a job and stuff Very Happy I love my parents.

Awww bless, I didn't mean any harm, I just wanted to make all aware that there is much suffering in the world and always has been and Michael was constantly trying to make it better and get everyone to be aware of LOVE but I bet he felt very frustrated as many of us do when we have to try and live good decent lives in a world full of greed and anger. You are young but you seem to have a surprisingly good and kind sensitive head on your shoulders and your parents sound lovely and you love and respect them and is very sweet in this day and age. You are doing very well at English and I am always surprised on this site at the excellent English that even the young such as yourself write when it is not your first language. Take care and keep the faith. I am sure someone will see your value and you will get a job. Good luck.
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Eva R on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:37 pm

Harleyblonde wrote:
Eva R wrote:
Harleyblonde wrote:
Eva R wrote:yeah! I really think he is FREAKIN serious about healing the world! I think it really hurts him to see that the earth is not really healthy anymore.
Lots of things are about heal the world in the movie. earth song, man in the mirror,heal the world. and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S

Don't wanna be disagreeable but "the earth isn't healthy anymore" I wasn't aware it ever was. Try saying that to the many millions who die every year in the third world countries with disease and hunger of something as simple as lack of clean water, tell that to the parents of a child murdered or raped by someone who will end up serving a sentence of maybe 12 years in countries like the UK, try telling that to the people who are killed everyday through senseless wars and try telling that to the old widows of soldiers killed in the last world war or to the relatives and decendentants of those murdered at camps such as Auswich and all the poor soldiers forced to fight on both sides and kill their fellow man or they would be shot and that was only little more than 60 years ago. The world has needed healing since the days of cavemen and it will never be any different. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but why worry about the envirnment when most people will not even wake up tomorrow as they will starve or be blown up or die of disease that could be cured with a few quid. Michael tried to make a difference but it will have seemed like flogging a dead horse.

I totally understand. Sorry didn't mean to say: not healthy anymore. but I am dutch and 16 so it is really hard for me to talk english and I didn't knew how to say it in english.
It just hurts me so bad, when I hear lots of money for the charity, goes to other stuff, NOT to the people who need it. Like people who can make a water... (don't know the word, sorry) That makes me so angry. My parents want to make a charity to help people in poor countries like africa you know, and then that they go by them selves to bring the stuff, to make water... (don't know the word Razz Razz ) Because they don't want to give money to people that 'say' they going to make water ... Razz and not doiing it.. My parents want to make a charity for a long time.. but now the money crisis is going on so.. They wanna help people a lot Smile Like my mother, every time she sees a person with no house and money and stuff, she gives money Smile And they also think it is good for me because I am autistic so it is hard for me to get a job because I would have to go to my job every day with the train or car and stuff, and it is going to be busy and stuff. Maybe it sounds stupid to you, maybe you guys think, omg, it is not hard to have a job, but for me it is so ... So they thought when I am old enough, I can work for the charity! Like a job you know Smile so it wouldn't be hard for me to find a job and stuff Very Happy I love my parents.

Awww bless, I didn't mean any harm, I just wanted to make all aware that there is much suffering in the world and always has been and Michael was constantly trying to make it better and get everyone to be aware of LOVE but I bet he felt very frustrated as many of us do when we have to try and live good decent lives in a world full of greed and anger. You are young but you seem to have a surprisingly good and kind sensitive head on your shoulders and your parents sound lovely and you love and respect them and is very sweet in this day and age. You are doing very well at English and I am always surprised on this site at the excellent English that even the young such as yourself write when it is not your first language. Take care and keep the faith. I am sure someone will see your value and you will get a job. Good luck.

thank you so much it means a lot to me when you say that.
Yeah, Michael is always trying to heal the world and stuff and people still hate him and talk BS about him.. that hurts me.. why? Michael also said: I don't understand why people talk that way about me. I never did anything wrong and I just try to make this world a better place.
Well, Michael's message is clear to me. we have to heal the world, before it is to late. And not just saying it! Also DO it! Smile I always sleep with a night light, and now I am trying to stop that because it is good for the world and we also have every light we have a bulb. (I search it on the internet dictionary and I get bulb so I hope it is the right word Razz ) Everyone has to do it!
Few days ago I had to do an argument. You had to choose a subject that interest you, so I chose: Organic food! Because we eat at home a lot of organic food so Smile And I did very well said the teacher so Very Happy
YAY!!
avatar
Eva R
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 576
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-24
Leeftijd : 23
Woonplaats : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Confused on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Harleyblonde wrote:
Eva R wrote:yeah! I really think he is FREAKIN serious about healing the world! I think it really hurts him to see that the earth is not really healthy anymore.
Lots of things are about heal the world in the movie. earth song, man in the mirror,heal the world. and before the movie started there was a trailer of 2012.. :S

Don't wanna be disagreeable but "the earth isn't healthy anymore" I wasn't aware it ever was. Try saying that to the many millions who die every year in the third world countries with disease and hunger of something as simple as lack of clean water, tell that to the parents of a child murdered or raped by someone who will end up serving a sentence of maybe 12 years in countries like the UK, try telling that to the people who are killed everyday through senseless wars and try telling that to the old widows of soldiers killed in the last world war or to the relatives and decendentants of those murdered at camps such as Auswich and all the poor soldiers forced to fight on both sides and kill their fellow man or they would be shot and that was only little more than 60 years ago. The world has needed healing since the days of cavemen and it will never be any different. Sorry if I sound pessimistic but why worry about the envirnment when most people will not even wake up tomorrow as they will starve or be blown up or die of disease that could be cured with a few quid. Michael tried to make a difference but it will have seemed like flogging a dead horse.

Well don't want to start a whole socio ecological political discussion but people have been killing each other yes. That has always been the case. Every side rationalizes their own killings. That is the main problem. The environment however is on a whole other level. For example..the dry places in the world are going to become dryer...more people will die of this or try to find a safe haven elsewhere which will cause more problems on all levels...Water shortages are already a problem in some parts of the world..Water will maybe be a reason to start wars over in 20 years. Resources we are used to will become scares. The world is overpopulated and the resources aren't sufficient as we speak ..let alone if countries as China and India become more developed. You know most people that are dying are the ones who are the victim of this environment issue..The rich countries are the ones who want everything cheap and in huge quantities. Just look at a ecological footprint of a western person and one in africa. This environment issue is as much a economic,political and a humanistic one. It concerns everything and everyone.

Oh and Eva R! Hier nog een Nederlander!!
avatar
Confused
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 191
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Harleyblonde on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Do not believe everything they tell you, global warming, swine flu vaccine etc......

TEN MYTHS of Global Warming

MYTH 1: Global temperatures are rising at a rapid, unprecedented rate.
FACT: Accurate satellite, balloon and mountain top observations made over the last three decades have not shown any significant change in the long term rate of increase in global temperatures. Average ground station readings do show a mild warming of 0.6 to 0.8Cover the last 100 years, which is well within the natural variations recorded in the last millennium. The ground station network suffers from an uneven distribution across the globe; the stations are preferentially located in growing urban and industrial areas ("heat islands"), which show substantially higher readings than adjacent rural areas ("land use effects").
There has been no catastrophic warming recorded.

MYTH 2: The "hockey stick" graph proves that the earth has experienced a steady, very gradual temperature increase for 1000 years, then recently began a sudden increase.FACT: Significant changes in climate have continually occurred throughout geologic time. For instance, the Medieval Warm Period, from around 1000 to1200 AD (when the Vikings farmed on Greenland) was followed by a period known as the Little Ice Age. Since the end of the 17th Century the "average global temperature" has been rising at the low steady rate mentioned above; although from 1940 – 1970 temperatures actually dropped, leading to a Global Cooling scare.
The "hockey stick", a poster boy of both the UN's IPCC and Canada's Environment Department, ignores historical recorded climatic swings, and has now also been proven to be flawed and statistically unreliable as well. It is a computer construct and a faulty one at that.
MYTH 3: Human produced carbon dioxide has increased over the last 100 years, adding to the Greenhouse effect, thus warming the earth.
FACT: Carbon dioxide levels have indeed changed for various reasons, human and otherwise, just as they have throughout geologic time. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution, the CO2 content of the atmosphere has increased. The RATE of growth during this period has also increased from about 0.2% per year to the present rate of about 0.4% per year,which growth rate has now been constant for the past 25 years. However, there is no proof that CO2 is the main driver of global warming. As measured in ice cores dated over many thousands of years, CO2 levels move up and down AFTER the temperature has done so, and thus are the RESULT OF, NOT THE CAUSE of warming. Geological field work in recent sediments confirms this causal relationship. There is solid evidence that, as temperatures move up and down naturally and cyclically through solar radiation, orbital and galactic influences, the warming surface layers of the earth's oceans expel more CO2 as a result.

MYTH 4: CO2 is the most common greenhouse gas.
FACT: Greenhouse gases form about 3 % of the atmosphere by volume. They consist of varying amounts, (about 97%) of water vapour and clouds, with the remainder being gases like CO2, CH4, Ozone and N2O, of which carbon dioxide is the largest amount. Hence, CO2 constitutes about 0.037% of the atmosphere. While the minor gases are more effective as "greenhouse agents" than water vapour and clouds, the latter are overwhelming the effect by their sheer volume and – in the end – are thought to be responsible for 60% of the "Greenhouse effect".
Those attributing climate change to CO2 rarely mention this important fact.

MYTH 5: Computer models verify that CO2 increases will cause significant global warming.
FACT: Computer models can be made to "verify" anything by changing some of the 5 million input parameters or any of a multitude of negative and positive feedbacks in the program used.. They do not "prove" anything.Also, computer models predicting global warming are incapable of properly including the effects of the sun, cosmic rays and the clouds. The sun is a major cause of temperature variation on the earth surface as its received radiation changes all the time, This happens largely in cyclical fashion. The number and the lengths in time of sunspots can be correlated very closely with average temperatures on earth, e.g. the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period. Varying intensity of solar heat radiation affects the surface temperature of the oceans and the currents. Warmer ocean water expels gases, some of which are CO2. Solar radiation interferes with the cosmic ray flux, thus influencing the amount ionized nuclei which control cloud cover.

MYTH 6: The UN proved that man–made CO2 causes global warming.
[b][b][b]FACT: In a 1996 report by the UN on global warming, two statements were deleted from the final draft. Here they are:
1) “None of the studies cited above has shown clear evidence that we can attribute the observed climate changes to increases in greenhouse gases.”
2) “No study to date has positively attributed all or part of the climate change to man–made causes”
[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b]To the present day there is still no scientific proof that man-made CO2 causes significant global warming.
[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b]
[b]MYTH 7: CO2 is a pollutant.
[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b]FACT: This is absolutely not true. Nitrogen forms 80% of our atmosphere. We could not live in 100% nitrogen either. Carbon dioxide is no more a pollutant than nitrogen is. CO2 is essential to life on earth. It is necessary for plant growth since increased CO2 intake as a result of increased atmospheric concentration causes many trees and other plants to grow more vigorously. Unfortunately, the Canadian Government has included CO2 with a number of truly toxic and noxious substances listed by the Environmental Protection Act, only as their means to politically control it.
[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b]
MYTH 8: Global warming will cause more storms and other weather extremes.
[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b]FACT: There is no scientific or statistical evidence whatsoever that supports such claims on a global scale. Regional variations may occur. Growing insurance and infrastructure repair costs, particularly in coastal areas, are sometimes claimed to be the result of increasing frequency and severity of storms, whereas in reality they are a function of increasing population density, escalating development value, and ever more media reporting.
[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b]
[b]MYTH 9: Receding glaciers and the calving of ice shelves are proof of global warming.
[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b]FACT: Glaciers have been receding and growing cyclically for hundreds of years. Recent glacier melting is a consequence of coming out of the very cool period of the Little Ice Age. Ice shelves have been breaking off for centuries. Scientists know of at least 33 periods of glaciers growing and then retreating. It’s normal. Besides, glacier's health is dependent as much on precipitation as on temperature.[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b]MYTH 10: The earth’s poles are warming; polar ice caps are breaking up and melting and the sea level rising.[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b]FACT: The earth is variable. The western Arctic may be getting somewhat warmer, due to unrelated cyclic events in the Pacific Ocean, but the Eastern Arctic and Greenland are getting colder. The small Palmer Peninsula of Antarctica is getting warmer, while the main Antarctic continent is actually cooling. Ice thicknesses are increasing both on Greenland and in Antarctica. [/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b]Sea level monitoring in the Pacific (Tuvalu) and Indian Oceans (Maldives) has shown no sign of any sea level rise. [/b][/b][/b]
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by ishealive on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:41 pm

I've been saying this since I saw TII Thursday night, if this was just rehearsal footage for MJ's private library then why are there interviews & MJ talking over the footage. It just seems like scripted reality and imo TII was never mean't to be a concert I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were still rehearsing last month... although I think someone outside might have heard MJ singing so maybe not but I do believe TII was always going to be a movie. I think MJ wanted us to forget about all the bad press and BS and see a genius at work. Bring it back to basics!
avatar
ishealive
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1183
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 37
Woonplaats : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by marsheliamorgan on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:47 pm

i think i refer to this in points to ponder thread,this is what i was getting at,there just seems to be parts here that if it WASNT for a movie to start with,WHY would michael need to know and go back over them?everything from how the dancers feel about performing wiht him to WHY would he need to be TOLD ok,we are shooting the new segments for thriller here,IN 3D,MICHAEL WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT,
avatar
marsheliamorgan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 612
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by neverlandprincess on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:57 pm

Yeah I caught that too and I wondered if KO had just put it in there from somewhere else. I know the MJ pretty much documented everything-I mean ever watched those home movies? There is rehearsals for videos/stage/roadtrips everything...that is why I think Randy Phillips lied for some reason when he said it was an "accident" and that KO and himself had come up with the idea and "convinced" MJ to have it recorded...yeah whatever.
avatar
neverlandprincess
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34
Woonplaats : Alabama,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by neverlandprincess on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:03 pm

@Harley-it is ok dear. I love the earth as much as anyone but I am really am sick of the "green" movement. Sometimes I want to get a shirt that says "I love Smog"...I don't of course but it is the political correctness of the whole thing. I think MJ was/is a differant animal though. he felt things deeply and I really have a sinister thought about Sony/AEG, maybe cutting "all" of what he said and only putting in what he said about the earth...because of the political shove for everything to go green. Notice there was not much about childrens issues which was an even bigger issue then environment to MJ. In the last ebony interview MJ said he really didnt keep up with politics that one man couldnt save everything-like tsunamis/earth quales happen-the man in power can't change that. So he didnt look to man to solve things...thats the way he was raised. He did say "I do wish they would do more to help the children and the babies,you know"? That would really be great"...funny just didnt hear alot about that in TII-they edited it to fit the global green initiative...thats what I think. I did love the new earth song bit. It was beautiful.
avatar
neverlandprincess
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34
Woonplaats : Alabama,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Harleyblonde on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:30 pm

neverlandprincess wrote:@Harley-it is ok dear. I love the earth as much as anyone but I am really am sick of the "green" movement. Sometimes I want to get a shirt that says "I love Smog"...I don't of course but it is the political correctness of the whole thing. I think MJ was/is a differant animal though. he felt things deeply and I really have a sinister thought about Sony/AEG, maybe cutting "all" of what he said and only putting in what he said about the earth...because of the political shove for everything to go green. Notice there was not much about childrens issues which was an even bigger issue then environment to MJ. In the last ebony interview MJ said he really didnt keep up with politics that one man couldnt save everything-like tsunamis/earth quales happen-the man in power can't change that. So he didnt look to man to solve things...thats the way he was raised. He did say "I do wish they would do more to help the children and the babies,you know"? That would really be great"...funny just didnt hear alot about that in TII-they edited it to fit the global green initiative...thats what I think. I did love the new earth song bit. It was beautiful.

Yes, you are so right. The most thing he was passionate about was children suffering/welfare etc and I think that is comendable, no child on this earth should have to suffer. How can they spend billions on space travel when people are suffering and starving, why can't they look after the world first?
I too get sick of the "green" issues and I think a lot of it is just to put the frighteners in us. My Gran says what about the ice age? when that started to clear all those years ago did they blame global warming? she also says if there is such a thing we should spray aerosols more as she doesn't like the British weather!
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by neverlandprincess on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Harleyblonde wrote:
neverlandprincess wrote:@Harley-it is ok dear. I love the earth as much as anyone but I am really am sick of the "green" movement. Sometimes I want to get a shirt that says "I love Smog"...I don't of course but it is the political correctness of the whole thing. I think MJ was/is a differant animal though. he felt things deeply and I really have a sinister thought about Sony/AEG, maybe cutting "all" of what he said and only putting in what he said about the earth...because of the political shove for everything to go green. Notice there was not much about childrens issues which was an even bigger issue then environment to MJ. In the last ebony interview MJ said he really didnt keep up with politics that one man couldnt save everything-like tsunamis/earth quales happen-the man in power can't change that. So he didnt look to man to solve things...thats the way he was raised. He did say "I do wish they would do more to help the children and the babies,you know"? That would really be great"...funny just didnt hear alot about that in TII-they edited it to fit the global green initiative...thats what I think. I did love the new earth song bit. It was beautiful.

Yes, you are so right. The most thing he was passionate about was children suffering/welfare etc and I think that is comendable, no child on this earth should have to suffer. How can they spend billions on space travel when people are suffering and starving, why can't they look after the world first?
I too get sick of the "green" issues and I think a lot of it is just to put the frighteners in us. My Gran says what about the ice age? when that started to clear all those years ago did they blame global warming? she also says if there is such a thing we should spray aerosols more as she doesn't like the British weather!


AHAHAHAAAA
avatar
neverlandprincess
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 34
Woonplaats : Alabama,USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by YveLoVesMJ on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:47 pm

"I really feel that the nature is trying so hard to compensate for the man's mismanagement of the planet. The planet is sick, like a fever. If we don't fix it now, it's at a point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have. And the time has come, this is it.
We have to remind the world that love is important, to love each other, we're all one.
Take care of the planet.We have 4 years to get it right or something for us it's going to be irreversible damage in time."

I wonder what he meant with "we have 4 years to get it right".
avatar
YveLoVesMJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 386
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11
Woonplaats : Magicland, un tărâm dintr-o ţară îndepărtată

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Harleyblonde on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:59 pm

YveLoVesMJ wrote:"I really feel that the nature is trying so hard to compensate for the man's mismanagement of the planet. The planet is sick, like a fever. If we don't fix it now, it's at a point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have. And the time has come, this is it.
We have to remind the world that love is important, to love each other, we're all one.
Take care of the planet.We have 4 years to get it right or something for us it's going to be irreversible damage in time."

I wonder what he meant with "we have 4 years to get it right".

I can only regrettably think that it was maybe his last message to the world before he disappeared for good as it just about says it all and is pretty heavy stuff. I cannot think what the 4 years meant though.
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by juliet on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:07 pm

IMO, according to the prophecies(Nostradamus,Mayan) the end date of the world is on the year 2012. So, that portion of TII footage must have been taken 2008.

So, Michael's message is that we should act now with all the problems in the world which is leading the earth into destruction. If we care about each other, the planet, the whole world(nature and people) then we should do something ourselves instead of asking/addressing certain departments of society to fix it because as we see it, the problems are not solved.

His point, I believe, is that we should act now - relating to the said END DATE, we all have very short time to fix the problems. So we should help one another as human beings to save humanity.
avatar
juliet
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 731
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by YveLoVesMJ on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:15 pm

Harleyblonde wrote:
YveLoVesMJ wrote:"I really feel that the nature is trying so hard to compensate for the man's mismanagement of the planet. The planet is sick, like a fever. If we don't fix it now, it's at a point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have. And the time has come, this is it.
We have to remind the world that love is important, to love each other, we're all one.
Take care of the planet.We have 4 years to get it right or something for us it's going to be irreversible damage in time."

I wonder what he meant with "we have 4 years to get it right".

I can only regrettably think that it was maybe his last message to the world before he disappeared for good as it just about says it all and is pretty heavy stuff. I cannot think what the 4 years meant though.

@ Harley blonde; No no, it can't be his last message, he has many more thing to do, like running for president He would make the best president ever!

@juliet; I agree with you. It's time to fix the problems now! I don't think the world will end in 2012 but we must make a change before it's too late.
avatar
YveLoVesMJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 386
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11
Woonplaats : Magicland, un tărâm dintr-o ţară îndepărtată

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Confused on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:39 am

Harleyblonde wrote:Do not believe everything they tell you, global warming, swine flu vaccine etc......

[/b][/b][/b][/b]

No offense but this tactic won't work on me as I wasn't reffering to global warming but to national resources. The shortages of it is no green movement propaganda. It's fact. Water shortages is (and I know this because I am from a part of Africa that has this exact problem) a big problem for parts of the world.. It has nothing to with rising sea levels or the climate. Do you know how much plastic and chemical waist is left in African countries so we won't have to deal with it while the people over there are getting sick? If you care about people you should care about the economical/political opportunism that lies at the root of all this..And to be honest I don't think we will change only if we are directly confronted with the consequenses of a lack of the resources. The only reason we have comfortable lives is because we don't let billions of people participate. Caring about humans is caring about the very essence that humans need to survive on this planet..
avatar
Confused
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 191
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Harleyblonde on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:22 am

Confused wrote:
Harleyblonde wrote:Do not believe everything they tell you, global warming, swine flu vaccine etc......

[/b][/b][/b][/b]

No offense but this tactic won't work on me as I wasn't reffering to global warming but to national resources. The shortages of it is no green movement propaganda. It's fact. Water shortages is (and I know this because I am from a part of Africa that has this exact problem) a big problem for parts of the world.. It has nothing to with rising sea levels or the climate. Do you know how much plastic and chemical waist is left in African countries so we won't have to deal with it while the people over there are getting sick? If you care about people you should care about the economical/political opportunism that lies at the root of all this..And to be honest I don't think we will change only if we are directly confronted with the consequenses of a lack of the resources. The only reason we have comfortable lives is because we don't let billions of people participate. Caring about humans is caring about the very essence that humans need to survive on this planet..

OK, I get what you are saying but I have lived in East Africa and the very sad fact is that in many villages there is no lack of water for the affluent but some there do not even have running water and not even access to a well-they have to buy the water from one of the many water sellers who have a large cart to pull along, it has been like this for donkeys years and is unlikely to change. Those who cannot pay for water are prone to disease and dysentery. I don't think they give a toss about future water shortage as there has always been a water shortage for them. How can people worry about stuff that will happen in future years when people are suffering now of the very thing that the rich nations fear? As for the chemical and plastic waste in Africa, that is the least of their worries when most do not even know where their next meal is coming from or if they can feed their children and as I type this many will have died from Maleria as they cannot afford a mosquito net or treatment or are in such a remote village they have no chance of survival. The governments in third world Countries are obscenely rich while most of their people are suffering and have nothing and no hope for the future of improvement of their standards of living. The police are corrupt-I myself have seen it with my own eyes. I know there is lack of caring in our comfortable affluent lives but how many are actually doing something to help?
Also if you are worried about chemical and plastic waste in Africa then take a google at the sites in the UK, heavily populated places and while you are looking check out Staten Island.
It just upsets me when these do-gooders worry that we will run out of resources when people in third world countries never had these resources in the first place, are the more affluent comfortable countries afraid they will suffer like the third world?
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:31 am

Harleyblonde wrote:
Confused wrote:
Harleyblonde wrote:Do not believe everything they tell you, global warming, swine flu vaccine etc......

[/b][/b][/b][/b]

No offense but this tactic won't work on me as I wasn't reffering to global warming but to national resources. The shortages of it is no green movement propaganda. It's fact. Water shortages is (and I know this because I am from a part of Africa that has this exact problem) a big problem for parts of the world.. It has nothing to with rising sea levels or the climate. Do you know how much plastic and chemical waist is left in African countries so we won't have to deal with it while the people over there are getting sick? If you care about people you should care about the economical/political opportunism that lies at the root of all this..And to be honest I don't think we will change only if we are directly confronted with the consequenses of a lack of the resources. The only reason we have comfortable lives is because we don't let billions of people participate. Caring about humans is caring about the very essence that humans need to survive on this planet..

OK, I get what you are saying but I have lived in East Africa and the very sad fact is that in many villages there is no lack of water for the affluent but some there do not even have running water and not even access to a well-they have to buy the water from one of the many water sellers who have a large cart to pull along, it has been like this for donkeys years and is unlikely to change. Those who cannot pay for water are prone to disease and dysentery. I don't think they give a toss about future water shortage as there has always been a water shortage for them. How can people worry about stuff that will happen in future years when people are suffering now of the very thing that the rich nations fear? As for the chemical and plastic waste in Africa, that is the least of their worries when most do not even know where their next meal is coming from or if they can feed their children and as I type this many will have died from Maleria as they cannot afford a mosquito net or treatment or are in such a remote village they have no chance of survival. The governments in third world Countries are obscenely rich while most of their people are suffering and have nothing and no hope for the future of improvement of their standards of living. The police are corrupt-I myself have seen it with my own eyes. I know there is lack of caring in our comfortable affluent lives but how many are actually doing something to help?
Also if you are worried about chemical and plastic waste in Africa then take a google at the sites in the UK, heavily populated places and while you are looking check out Staten Island.
It just upsets me when these do-gooders worry that we will run out of resources when people in third world countries never had these resources in the first place, are the more affluent comfortable countries afraid they will suffer like the third world?


Yes. We are so used to everyday luxuries like water and shelter and medicine that we take it for granted. OH BOY do we take it for granted....to the point of being selfish about it. And the mere thought of losing it scares people to death.
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Confused on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:56 am

[quote="Harleyblonde"][quote="Confused"]
Harleyblonde wrote:Do not believe everything they tell you, global warming, swine flu vaccine etc......

It just upsets me when these do-gooders worry that we will run out of resources when people in third world countries never had these resources in the first place, are the more affluent comfortable countries afraid they will suffer like the third world?

I think we are on the same page just some miscommunication partly due to my lack of finding the right words in the English language.
I hate THIS because I just wrote a big piece which dissappeared. I will sum up what I wrote just so you know where I was going.
Problem I have with this is..Us (developed countries) telling the rest of the world they can't develop because it will destroy their nature and the cute gorrilaz and the beautiful amazon. Well..we have destroyed our animals,our nature etc..for DEVELOPMENT! So we are asking them to be not so prosperous because we want to breath so we will need trees..Just not in our backyard. The trees will stay in the poor countries. We don't want them to really develop..If we wanted it we would let the farmers in Africa get a fair chance..but we won't give it to them. Don't start me on the hypocrisy and the trivial things global warming movement (especially hollywood people) is concerned about. Oprah talking about using cute towels in stead of paper ones. That kind of nonsens. People need to start having some common sense. Stop consuming beyond your means and needs.
avatar
Confused
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 191
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Harleyblonde on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:17 am

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:
Harleyblonde wrote:
Confused wrote:
Harleyblonde wrote:Do not believe everything they tell you, global warming, swine flu vaccine etc......

[/b][/b][/b][/b]

No offense but this tactic won't work on me as I wasn't reffering to global warming but to national resources. The shortages of it is no green movement propaganda. It's fact. Water shortages is (and I know this because I am from a part of Africa that has this exact problem) a big problem for parts of the world.. It has nothing to with rising sea levels or the climate. Do you know how much plastic and chemical waist is left in African countries so we won't have to deal with it while the people over there are getting sick? If you care about people you should care about the economical/political opportunism that lies at the root of all this..And to be honest I don't think we will change only if we are directly confronted with the consequenses of a lack of the resources. The only reason we have comfortable lives is because we don't let billions of people participate. Caring about humans is caring about the very essence that humans need to survive on this planet..

OK, I get what you are saying but I have lived in East Africa and the very sad fact is that in many villages there is no lack of water for the affluent but some there do not even have running water and not even access to a well-they have to buy the water from one of the many water sellers who have a large cart to pull along, it has been like this for donkeys years and is unlikely to change. Those who cannot pay for water are prone to disease and dysentery. I don't think they give a toss about future water shortage as there has always been a water shortage for them. How can people worry about stuff that will happen in future years when people are suffering now of the very thing that the rich nations fear? As for the chemical and plastic waste in Africa, that is the least of their worries when most do not even know where their next meal is coming from or if they can feed their children and as I type this many will have died from Maleria as they cannot afford a mosquito net or treatment or are in such a remote village they have no chance of survival. The governments in third world Countries are obscenely rich while most of their people are suffering and have nothing and no hope for the future of improvement of their standards of living. The police are corrupt-I myself have seen it with my own eyes. I know there is lack of caring in our comfortable affluent lives but how many are actually doing something to help?
Also if you are worried about chemical and plastic waste in Africa then take a google at the sites in the UK, heavily populated places and while you are looking check out Staten Island.
It just upsets me when these do-gooders worry that we will run out of resources when people in third world countries never had these resources in the first place, are the more affluent comfortable countries afraid they will suffer like the third world?


Yes. We are so used to everyday luxuries like water and shelter and medicine that we take it for granted. OH BOY do we take it for granted....to the point of being selfish about it. And the mere thought of losing it scares people to death.

Thanks for that. It is good that some are aware of the sufferings that many go through just to stay alive and survive to live another day. Some choose not to acknowlege or even care about these things and are more passionate about the future generations who may suffer when millions are suffering on this earth now. Thankyou and bless you for that.
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:25 am

Right. But instead of worrying about future generartions, we MUST take action now or there wont BE anything for the future generations.
There is enough water on this planet to spread around and yet it hasnt been done. I know it will cost trillions of dollars to do this but we can at least start to do something.
Do you know how much disease can be prevented by just giving third world countries clean running water so they can WASH THEIR HANDS and BATHE properly? And grow food? And to drink?
The same water that is full of parasites and raw sewage is the same water they drink and bathe from. And no one is trying to prevent this? It saddens me. Its disgusting.
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I was thinking....

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum