Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made.

+3
MJGIRL18
Kirsche
Harleyblonde
7 posters

Go down

Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made. Empty Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made.

Post by Harleyblonde Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Dont know if this information has been posted before, sorry if it has but I didn't find it.

Michael Jacksons single 'They Don't Care About Us', recorded in 1995 and released in 1996 was the subject of substantial controversy.

Firstly the song itself, made references to terms such as 'Jew me, Sue me' and was blasted for its anti-semitic lyrics. Jackson vigorously defended this allegation stating that many of his best friends were in fact Jewish and that the lyrics had been taken out of context. Stephen Spielberg told Jackson that the lyrics were unnecessary and only served to reintroduce terms which were on the decline. Jackson then proceeded to issue re-recordings of the song, with key words blurred out with noises.

Furthermore there were two Music videos filmed, primarily in Rio De Janeiro. Directed by renowned anti racist, Hollywood director Spike Lee, the videos themselves fuelled further controversy.

One video was quickly banned by MTV and other networks around the world, depicted Jackson in prison with black inmates. Videos of human rights atrocities were displayed on the walls in the background and the video implied black oppression.

The second video which was aired across the world, featured Jackson singing and performing in the streets of Rio De Janerio. It was widely rumoured that the government did not want the video filmed there Jackson was alleged to have paid a fee to enable its filming on location.

The single debuted in the top ten across most of the world and further boosted sales of the History album, the best selling double album of all time.
Harleyblonde
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made. Empty Re: Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made.

Post by Kirsche Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:37 pm

yes I knew the two versions.... the prison version is pretty cool, you can see that on youtube.
Kirsche
Kirsche
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-22
Leeftijd : 36

http://www.myspace.com/chrischl

Back to top Go down

Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made. Empty Re: Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made.

Post by MJGIRL18 Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:45 pm

I LOVE THE PRISON VERSION.
MJ LOOKS GOOD IN BLUE Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made. Icon_surprised
MJGIRL18
MJGIRL18
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 117
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dancemaze Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:41 pm

MJGIRL18 wrote:I LOVE THE PRISON VERSION.
MJ LOOKS GOOD IN BLUE Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made. Icon_surprised

Indeed, love the jeans Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made. Herz
dancemaze
dancemaze
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 27
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by miss j Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:11 pm

his most handsome era...... Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made. Drunken_smilie
miss j
miss j
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 255
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bibi Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 pm

ahh...onw of my favorite songs!! Much controversy over "They don't care about us"-2 video's made. Icon_smile
bibi
bibi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 263
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LiberianGgirl Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:24 pm

I love the prison version. I think is the best of both. He looks so damn hot there....with that haircut...God...
The song is amazing and the lyrics were fine!!! But I guess they always have something to say about him, It doesn't matter what, they always have to criticize him and twist his words
LiberianGgirl
LiberianGgirl

Aantal berichten : 14
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down