Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves!

+5
yaya
DarkYetLovely
mjgirl86
icebluestarlight
Ibelieve8
9 posters

Go down

Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Empty Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves!

Post by Ibelieve8 Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:03 am

I live in a little west texas town, not really known for being too liberal. So, even though MJ is a huge hit, not so much out here. My two girlfriends and I went to the late showing of TII and were the only 3 people in theater. I watched for clues, and what not, but really couldn't help myself in just jamming out to the music and dancing in the aisles. I taught a friend how to dance to beat it. One of my favorite MJ moments. Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Icon_biggrin
Ibelieve8
Ibelieve8
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 53
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-08
Leeftijd : 36

Back to top Go down

Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Empty Re: Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves!

Post by icebluestarlight Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:19 am

Hope you had a good time, when you speak to people the cinemas are all empty yet supposedly it is the best selling ever ... hmmmmm
icebluestarlight
icebluestarlight

Aantal berichten : 23
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Empty Re: Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves!

Post by mjgirl86 Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 am

Aww, that sounds like it was a lot of fun!!! Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Icon_biggrin
mjgirl86
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 635
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkYetLovely Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:59 am

I think it's getting it's money from outside the U.S.

I went on opening night and I was the ONLY person in the theatre (I live in Virginia). Granted, it was the last showing of the night but I was still shocked that NOBODY else came. It was really weird.

But it's only the best-selling "concert movie". And as far as I know, there have only been a hand full ever released in the theatre. So, a record not too hard to obtain I'm sure.
DarkYetLovely
DarkYetLovely
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 55
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:40 am

i live in texas too! it's not exactly a tiny town, but it's not like dallas either. there were like no more than 20 people at the advanced screening. i hear these stories all the time from people all around the states and wonder how it has made so much money!
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibelieve8 Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 am

I saw the breakdown somewhere but I can not for the life of me remember where.. but it's all overseas that's making all the money. I think that people in the U.S. hold on to grudges and stigmas about people for way too long. From people who see my love for MJ everyday, I hear about 1-2 people say something about his molestation charges. I always have to take a step back and just look at them and say. "you r ignorant and have no clue what you are talking about."
Ibelieve8
Ibelieve8
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lisap27 Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 pm

i don't think its doing so well in the UK any more.. i went again on Monday!! there was 4 people.. me an my friend and a couple sat on back row!!

that was it.. Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Icon_eek

great for us tho cos we could watch it in peace without stupid comments or giggleing.. Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Icon_cheers

oh and on the 28th opening nite.. its was pretty full not packed out.. then on 31st about 20 people thats all.. Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Suspect
lisap27
lisap27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:22 pm

I am in VA also and recently checked the area showings. TII has been reduced to evenings only and there are no Imax showings anymore. It is scheduled to run so far until Nov 24th.

DarkYetLovely wrote:I think it's getting it's money from outside the U.S.

I went on opening night and I was the ONLY person in the theatre (I live in Virginia). Granted, it was the last showing of the night but I was still shocked that NOBODY else came. It was really weird.

But it's only the best-selling "concert movie". And as far as I know, there have only been a hand full ever released in the theatre. So, a record not too hard to obtain I'm sure.
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by me0101 Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:45 pm

First time I went to see the movie there were maybe 5 people. I have seen twice since then. And, yes, with all the clues here I will have to go see it again. Each time I've seen it the crowds are so quiet....no denying that the movie hits the ground running with the first song. It does make you want to get up and dance.
me0101
me0101
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 137
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibelieve8 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:09 pm

so is it really doing as well as we are being told? because if you remember, they said that invincible only sold a measly 2 million and in actuality sold about 13.. I heard it was doing super well in Japan.
Ibelieve8
Ibelieve8
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:18 pm

Maybe the 2 million is for US sales and 13 million represented worldwide sales.
A regular singer would have jumped for joy. However...for MJ that was a low number

Ibelieve8 wrote:so is it really doing as well as we are being told? because if you remember, they said that invincible only sold a measly 2 million and in actuality sold about 13.. I heard it was doing super well in Japan.
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by maelinimarie Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:52 am

I went here in the US near the Emerald City (hehe) and there was about 60-70 people in the theater with me. Shows are still selling out up here. Watched TII, in a theatre by ourselves! Icon_biggrin
maelinimarie
maelinimarie

Aantal berichten : 16
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-10
Leeftijd : 41

http://michaeljackson1fans.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum