Folks, please help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Folks, please help!

Post by Venus on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:44 pm

It's not about hoax and has nothing to do with MJ, but I'm sure Michael would approve it.

1. https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2673
2. https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2619&JServSessionIdr003=pv20ma8tu3.app331a

Please HELP ANIMALS!
avatar
Venus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 42
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-10
Woonplaats : Russia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Folks, please help!

Post by Grace on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:54 pm

done
avatar
Grace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 672
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Folks, please help!

Post by Harleyblonde on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Me and other fellow vegetarians have had very heated debates with meat eating members earlier today on this forum. I have in fact posted videos regard animal cruelty and made many others aware of animal rights and the barbaric meat industry and posted information on PETA of which I have been an active member for a long time. We did as a result step on a lot of toes and received negative response. Many seem very concerned on the plight of seals and dolphins but are ignorant to the suffering of pigs, sheep, cows etc.
Is good you are trying and is sad but do not expect a great number to respond.
BTW, if any of you want to reguarly help you can sign up for regular emails and help PETA with other petitions, they have done many. Some even to KFC and Mc Donalds who are great abusers of animals.
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Folks, please help!

Post by Venus on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Grace wrote:done

Thank you!
avatar
Venus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 42
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-10
Woonplaats : Russia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

To Harleyblonde

Post by Venus on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Harleyblonde wrote:Me and other fellow vegetarians have had very heated debates with meat eating members earlier today on this forum. I have in fact posted videos regard animal cruelty and made many others aware of animal rights and the barbaric meat industry and posted information on PETA of which I have been an active member for a long time. We did as a result step on a lot of toes and received negative response. Many seem very concerned on the plight of seals and dolphins but are ignorant to the suffering of pigs, sheep, cows etc.
Is good you are trying and is sad but do not expect a great number to respond.
BTW, if any of you want to reguarly help you can sign up for regular emails and help PETA with other petitions, they have done many. Some even to KFC and Mc Donalds who are great abusers of animals.

I subscribed to PETA several years ago and trying to help as much as I can. BTW I don't eat meat though in my country there's not much vegetarians and it's not popular here. I grew in a family of meat eaters and noone of my encirclement understand this. It's became a big problem for me cause I have to cook for myself all the time and waste a lot of time seaching for right food, because in Russia in winter it's hard to find fresh fruits and vegetables (not big variety). But I can say it was worth it.
Resently I had to eat something that contained meat and it was awful, because I clearly felt the taste of carrion there (I swear folks). I never noticed it before I reduced meat from my nutrition. I almost vomited.
After I quit eating meat I finally quit smoking . I'd been smoking for more than 10 years and had several attempts to quit but never successful. And I finally did it.

But I still eat fish . As I said it's hard to find enough substitutes for meat here in Russia because vegetarianism is not popular in Russia at all.
avatar
Venus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 42
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-10
Woonplaats : Russia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Folks, please help!

Post by Grace on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Venus, what's about the dancing bears with the hot tin plates?
Any better news?
avatar
Grace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 672
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Folks, please help!

Post by Harleyblonde on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Venus wrote:
Harleyblonde wrote:Me and other fellow vegetarians have had very heated debates with meat eating members earlier today on this forum. I have in fact posted videos regard animal cruelty and made many others aware of animal rights and the barbaric meat industry and posted information on PETA of which I have been an active member for a long time. We did as a result step on a lot of toes and received negative response. Many seem very concerned on the plight of seals and dolphins but are ignorant to the suffering of pigs, sheep, cows etc.
Is good you are trying and is sad but do not expect a great number to respond.
BTW, if any of you want to reguarly help you can sign up for regular emails and help PETA with other petitions, they have done many. Some even to KFC and Mc Donalds who are great abusers of animals.

I subscribed to PETA several years ago and trying to help as much as I can. BTW I don't eat meat though in my country there's not much vegetarians and it's not popular here. I grew in a family of meat eaters and noone of my encirclement understand this. It's became a big problem for me cause I have to cook for myself all the time and waste a lot of time seaching for right food, because in Russia in winter it's hard to find fresh fruits and vegetables (not big variety). But I can say it was worth it.
Resently I had to eat something that contained meat and it was awful, because I clearly felt the taste of carrion there (I swear folks). I never noticed it before I reduced meat from my nutrition. I almost vomited.
After I quit eating meat I finally quit smoking . I'd been smoking for more than 10 years and had several attempts to quit but never successful. And I finally did it.

But I still eat fish . As I said it's hard to find enough substitutes for meat here in Russia because vegetarianism is not popular in Russia at all.
I understand it must be difficult for you and I admire you for sticking to it. When I was fed meat by my Mother years ago when I was a child if I got any gristle or fat on the meat it would really put me off, then as I got older I just would eat what my Mum served but she would leave off the meat. Now even here in the UK not a real lot of restaurants cater for vegetarians and I usually end up having a meal of potato and veg without the meat and they will often reduce the price.
I did live in Africa though as my Husband is Kenyan and was no problem being a veggie with all the fresh fruit and veg there but when we got in a really bad way financially and when I had maleria I am sad to say I had to eat meat as there was nothing else. Meat and ugali which is maize corn flour boiled with water and is a thick solid glob of tasteless food, that and meat, there it was a case of if anyone offers food you grab it as you may not eat tomorrow so I feel really lucky and privileged to now be in a position to have a meat free diet so you have my admiration. Of course animals in Africa are not treated as bad as animals in the food chain in western countries, you will see chickens wondering around the villages in peoples compounds and the Masai treat their cattle very well, yes they eat them but they do not inject them hormones, artificially inseminate them and kill them at less than 5 years old when they live to be 30 and over and do not remove their babies to kill, cows have been known to be very distressed when this happens, I could go on for ages but I think you will all get the drift. You have my admiration.
I must also add well done for stopping smoking, you will not regret it, I have asthma and do not but when I have been in hospital there have been older Ladies that could barely breathe as the results of smoking for years. Once your lungs are damaged it is too late.
As for substitutes for meat, I do not like quorn and Linda McCartney burgers and sausages in my opinion are like cardboard, so I do not like ready made meals with meat substitutes which are widely available here in the UK. My opinion is if I do not want meat then why would I want to eat something that looks like meat? so in that respect you are not missing much. Anyway keep up the good work and good on you for sticking with it despite the difficulties.
avatar
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Woonplaats : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Folks, please help!

Post by Venus on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Harleyblonde wrote:
Venus wrote:
Harleyblonde wrote:Me and other fellow vegetarians have had very heated debates with meat eating members earlier today on this forum. I have in fact posted videos regard animal cruelty and made many others aware of animal rights and the barbaric meat industry and posted information on PETA of which I have been an active member for a long time. We did as a result step on a lot of toes and received negative response. Many seem very concerned on the plight of seals and dolphins but are ignorant to the suffering of pigs, sheep, cows etc.
Is good you are trying and is sad but do not expect a great number to respond.
BTW, if any of you want to reguarly help you can sign up for regular emails and help PETA with other petitions, they have done many. Some even to KFC and Mc Donalds who are great abusers of animals.

I subscribed to PETA several years ago and trying to help as much as I can. BTW I don't eat meat though in my country there's not much vegetarians and it's not popular here. I grew in a family of meat eaters and noone of my encirclement understand this. It's became a big problem for me cause I have to cook for myself all the time and waste a lot of time seaching for right food, because in Russia in winter it's hard to find fresh fruits and vegetables (not big variety). But I can say it was worth it.
Resently I had to eat something that contained meat and it was awful, because I clearly felt the taste of carrion there (I swear folks). I never noticed it before I reduced meat from my nutrition. I almost vomited.
After I quit eating meat I finally quit smoking . I'd been smoking for more than 10 years and had several attempts to quit but never successful. And I finally did it.

But I still eat fish . As I said it's hard to find enough substitutes for meat here in Russia because vegetarianism is not popular in Russia at all.
I understand it must be difficult for you and I admire you for sticking to it. When I was fed meat by my Mother years ago when I was a child if I got any gristle or fat on the meat it would really put me off, then as I got older I just would eat what my Mum served but she would leave off the meat. Now even here in the UK not a real lot of restaurants cater for vegetarians and I usually end up having a meal of potato and veg without the meat and they will often reduce the price.
I did live in Africa though as my Husband is Kenyan and was no problem being a veggie with all the fresh fruit and veg there but when we got in a really bad way financially and when I had maleria I am sad to say I had to eat meat as there was nothing else. Meat and ugali which is maize corn flour boiled with water and is a thick solid glob of tasteless food, that and meat, there it was a case of if anyone offers food you grab it as you may not eat tomorrow so I feel really lucky and privileged to now be in a position to have a meat free diet so you have my admiration. Of course animals in Africa are not treated as bad as animals in the food chain in western countries, you will see chickens wondering around the villages in peoples compounds and the Masai treat their cattle very well, yes they eat them but they do not inject them hormones, artificially inseminate them and kill them at less than 5 years old when they live to be 30 and over and do not remove their babies to kill, cows have been known to be very distressed when this happens, I could go on for ages but I think you will all get the drift. You have my admiration.
I must also add well done for stopping smoking, you will not regret it, I have asthma and do not but when I have been in hospital there have been older Ladies that could barely breathe as the results of smoking for years. Once your lungs are damaged it is too late.
As for substitutes for meat, I do not like quorn and Linda McCartney burgers and sausages in my opinion are like cardboard, so I do not like ready made meals with meat substitutes which are widely available here in the UK. My opinion is if I do not want meat then why would I want to eat something that looks like meat? so in that respect you are not missing much. Anyway keep up the good work and good on you for sticking with it despite the difficulties.

Thank you, Harleyblonde! The message that you wrote to me is very inspiring! I'll do my best to convince others follow vegetarianism and be nature friendly.
avatar
Venus
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 42
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-10
Woonplaats : Russia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Folks, please help!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum