Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orianthi: Michael Jackson's Guitar Thriller

Go down

Orianthi: Michael Jackson's Guitar Thriller Empty Orianthi: Michael Jackson's Guitar Thriller

Post by infinitylady Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Hey, just wanted to add this article I saw on yahoo over the weekend.

By Lyndsey Parker Mon Nov 2, 2009 10:38am PST 943 Comments
Orianthi: Michael Jackson's Guitar Thriller Thenewnow-964500338-1254181169_thumbMichael Jackson's concert documentary This Is It made the King Of Pop the King Of The Box Office this week, as fans flocked to the theaters to catch a glimpse of what might have been, had the late superstar's London O2 Arena dates actually taken place. But the film also offered a glimpse of a young new talent whose career is just starting to explode: Jackson band member and guitar prodigy, Orianthi.

This 24-year-old Australian guitar goddess first captured American audiences' attention at this year's Grammy Awards, when she blazingly accompanied (some might even say upstaged) Grammy performer Carrie Underwood, and she has also been quite vocally championed by six-string legends Steve Vai and Carlos Santana. ("If I was going to pass the baton to somebody, she would be my first choice," Carlos once said of Orianthi.) It was in fact Orianthi's buzzy Grammy performance that made Michael himself take notice, and he quickly hired her to be his guitarist for the This Is It concerts. In fact, she was actually supposed to be Michael Jackson's official spokesperson during his much-hyped London residency.
Obviously, that sadly never came to pass, and Orianthi--who was actually with Michael the night before his death--ended up performing at Michael Jackson's Staples Center memorial instead. But still she raves: "Working with Michael was a life-changing experience, one I will never forget."
Orianthi: Michael Jackson's Guitar Thriller Thenewnow-976110816-1254181169_thumbAnd now as Orianthi--recently named one of the "12 Greatest Female Electric Guitarists" in Elle magazine--releases her debut solo album Believe and lead single "According To You,"she is all over This Is It, electrifying the screen.
Below is the new video for "According To You," the first single off Believe. As far as real rock-chick role models go, this is it, people.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow Yahoo! Music on Twitter
infinitylady
infinitylady
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 528
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-15

http://www.tig.inheritancecc.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum