Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would the amount of Propofol have been enough??

+5
lisap27
texasbornandraised
SPAKKLE29FUL
ILuvUMoreMJ
GirlInTheMirror1
9 posters

Go down

Would the amount of Propofol have been enough?? Empty Would the amount of Propofol have been enough??

Post by GirlInTheMirror1 Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Ok, I had to reckon about the amounts of
Medications that are being mentioned. I hope I didn´t make any
mistakes, and it is a bit complicated:

They say MJ used this every evening? Ok, so
Murray purchased 400ml of diprivan (propofol). We don´t know which one
of them, but the most common one, as far as I´ve read, is Diprivan 1%.
It contains 200mg per 20ml, that means 1ml contains 10mg of it.

"According to a July 22 search warrant affidavit unsealed by the
district court of Harris County, Texas, Jackson's personal physician
administered 25 milligrams of propofol diluted with lidocaine shortly before his death." (from wikipedia)

The german version of wikipedia says (when searching for Propofol),
that a dose of 6-12 mg/kg/h; that would be 0,6 to 1,2ml/kg, is used for
sedation. So that would make, let´s say MJ was 62 kg (just a suggestion
because of the contradicting things we´ve heard), 6x62=372mg/h. And
this is the lowest dose. Let´s say he slept...how much,...six hours.

372x6= 2232mg (223,2 ml). For one night.

Murray purchased the Propofol on the 12th of May (let´s say he had them on the 14th). That´s 42 days until the 25th of June.

And let´s say MJ didn´t even use it every night, but every fifth
night. That would be around eight nights he used it. So let´s say about
200ml per night, and that eight times, is 1600 ml...

Now you can count how much he would have needed for 42 days if
he´d used it EVERY night... So purchasing "only" 400 ml is not really
enough, I guess...

I must add that I don´t have any medical background, I could be very wrong here, this is only what I´ve come up with from searching on the internet.
GirlInTheMirror1
GirlInTheMirror1

Aantal berichten : 323
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Would the amount of Propofol have been enough?? Empty Re: Would the amount of Propofol have been enough??

Post by ILuvUMoreMJ Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:03 am

I see what you're getting at, and you could be on to something. The only problem is that I'm not sure they have found all the sources Murray bought the propofol from. Also, he was giving him other drugs as well...so maybe he just needed to get him to sleep with a small dose of the propofol, and the other meds kept him asleep. I really don't know...we may know more as they keep releasing info and then we'll be able to figure it out better.
ILuvUMoreMJ
ILuvUMoreMJ

Aantal berichten : 977
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-02

Back to top Go down

Would the amount of Propofol have been enough?? Empty Re: Would the amount of Propofol have been enough??

Post by GirlInTheMirror1 Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Exactly. It just doesn´t add up again..
GirlInTheMirror1
GirlInTheMirror1

Back to top Go down

Post by SPAKKLE29FUL Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:13 pm

you have to keep the propofol going all the time it is short acting once stopped you wake up
SPAKKLE29FUL
SPAKKLE29FUL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 832
Registratiedatum : 2009-11-08
Leeftijd : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlInTheMirror1 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:17 pm

SPAKKLE29FUL wrote:you have to keep the propofol going all the time it is short acting once stopped you wake up
Yep, exactly. This is why this amount couldn´t have been enough.
GirlInTheMirror1
GirlInTheMirror1

Back to top Go down

Post by texasbornandraised Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:22 pm

We have to remember that Propofol was not the only medication in his system. I wonder if the small amount of Propofol and the other meds combined were enough to stop his breathing.
texasbornandraised
texasbornandraised
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 53
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by lisap27 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:32 pm

i'm so confused right now!! yes again!! lol

i don't understand how a cardiologist can even get his hands on PROPOFOL!! as it is an anasthetic!!

what my point is!!

i worked in the theatres in the UK for a while an whenever an anasthetic was being admisistered there had to be an anethatist available to monitor the patient!!

therefore!! HOW did conrad murray have such a potent drug available like that, i don't know how the rules work in the US.. but it seems so strange that someone who is not qualified to administer the drug can get it so easily!! irrelevant of being a DR..

example!! you cannot be a driving instructor without having passed you test!! same goes for DR's i'm pretty sure that an anasthetic cannot be prescribed just like that.. irrelevant of who you are (DR WISE)
lisap27
lisap27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:38 pm

There were real Anthesiologists on news shows like HLN and CNN that showed how propofol was to be administered. They all said that with the dosage Dr. Murray said he gave MJ it wouldn't have put him in a doze. The dosage wasn't fatal in other words. I even think the media was suspicious back in July over MJ's sudden supposed demise. Keep the Faith!

GirlInTheMirror1 wrote:
SPAKKLE29FUL wrote:you have to keep the propofol going all the time it is short acting once stopped you wake up
Yep, exactly. This is why this amount couldn´t have been enough.
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by amber Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:39 pm

I still cannot accept MJ would allow all this medication, he wasn't stupid,his kids meant too much to him,he would of known that this could kill him. but i guess this is believable for a hoax point of view.. its good point raised tho, i would never of thought about propofol amounts giving or purchased... we could do with a doctor to run thru amounts for us to give a verdict
amber
amber
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 386
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-13
Leeftijd : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:51 pm

i just saw on the news here in the netherlands that the police said that the case is canceled till 2010 Would the amount of Propofol have been enough?? Icon_rolleyes
MJJ
MJJ
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 126
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by YouAreMyLifeMJ Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:57 pm

texasbornandraised wrote:We have to remember that Propofol was not the only medication in his system. I wonder if the small amount of Propofol and the other meds combined were enough to stop his breathing.

Well I was watching the news when they were explaining everything that was found in his system and they named around 10 different drugs he was taking. Now I don't think he was taking any drugs, it just made his death more believable considering he was addicted to them in the past. I am no doctor, but having a cocktail of 10 deadly drugs is deadly, not doubt about it. But like I said, I don't think he was taking them.
YouAreMyLifeMJ
YouAreMyLifeMJ
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by lisap27 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:58 pm

MJJ wrote:i just saw on the news here in the netherlands that the police said that the case is canceled till 2010 Would the amount of Propofol have been enough?? Icon_rolleyes

TMZ reported tha before!!

early to mid january!! Would the amount of Propofol have been enough?? Suspect
lisap27
lisap27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down