Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by MJSmile4Us on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:54 am



Hi guys. I came across this video posted by joy4fools on YouTube and if this has been posted before please accept my appology and ignore it Very Happy
According to joy4fools, the voice of a man recorded on July 14 2009 was Michael Jackson. It does really sound like him with the accent and everything but I am still sceptical as this is the 21st century where technology can do just about anything and making up a voice to sound like him would be no exception...

It may be nothing but I would love to hear what u guys think Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by ballongiraf on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

that really sounds like Michael Smile
avatar
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 37
Woonplaats : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by EarthAngel90 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:17 am

Sound like Michael Me 2 .. IDK.
avatar
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 27
Woonplaats : Fort Worth , TX - USA

View user profile http://Youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by MJSmile4Us on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:48 am

I agree with u guys and the more I listen to the voice, the more convincing it is that it is indeed Michael.. and when he says that there has to be something big happening in the music industry, and that there has to be a reform..could he have been talking about what he'd do when he comes back by any chance??

and do u guys know how and if it is easy for anyone to get access to voice altering technology (IDK what u'd call it Embarassed ) - bcoz I wonder if someone who can imitate Michael in terms of his voice and accents could have used it to record this to get attention...
avatar
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by mysticallymagestically on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:38 am

Is this the same guy who left voice messages on that impersonator's (peterpanpyt) phone...who claims he is British...and goes by the name of Dom? I think a lot of discussion has gone on with that...and I think it was concluded that this Dom guy is actually another voice impersonator from the UK. I personally still think it's very suspicious. He sounds so much like Michael, doesn't he?
avatar
mysticallymagestically
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 113
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-15
Leeftijd : 31
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by dontmakeitfactual on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:48 am

What I also found suspicious is that this message is starting to pop out everywhere. It's been in that peterpanpyt myspace since July 14. The other day some random person posted in about every forum at MJHD claiming to be MJ and asking to spread the voice that this message was left by him and that he was alive. That's for sure someone taking the piss, but almost at the same time, the same message appears in youtube and in another page -i saw it posted somewhere, but can't remember which other page. Possibly means nothing but I thought I'd say -no stones left unturned, right?
avatar
dontmakeitfactual
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 177
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by MJSmile4Us on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:17 am

dontmakeitfactual wrote:What I also found suspicious is that this message is starting to pop out everywhere. It's been in that peterpanpyt myspace since July 14. The other day some random person posted in about every forum at MJHD claiming to be MJ and asking to spread the voice that this message was left by him and that he was alive. That's for sure someone taking the piss, but almost at the same time, the same message appears in youtube and in another page -i saw it posted somewhere, but can't remember which other page. Possibly means nothing but I thought I'd say -no stones left unturned, right?

thank u so much for letting me know bcoz I only came across this video today and wasn't aware that somebody has been posting this on other sites Very Happy Embarassed I agree with u - the one who claimed to be Michael at MJHD seems to be another tosser who is looking for some attention like so many of those like him/her that have been and gone in the past.. Mad and I guess there are so many people like this one who likes to stir things up who might have had an account on YouTube but I do think that it may not be coincidental that the same messages were posted on numerous sites at almost the exact time Suspect
avatar
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by MJSmile4Us on Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:25 am

mysticallymagestically wrote:Is this the same guy who left voice messages on that impersonator's (peterpanpyt) phone...who claims he is British...and goes by the name of Dom? I think a lot of discussion has gone on with that...and I think it was concluded that this Dom guy is actually another voice impersonator from the UK. I personally still think it's very suspicious. He sounds so much like Michael, doesn't he?


thank you and I agree with u in that it seems almost impossible to ever doubt that this guy was not Michael. his accent is so identical to Michael's..
avatar
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by emanviam on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Speaks EXACTLY like our Angel!!!!!
avatar
emanviam
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 512
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 42
Woonplaats : United States of America

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/emanviam

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Grace on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:40 pm

.


Last edited by Grace on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Grace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 672
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Sweet1 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:56 pm

I agree with Grace the voice is not British. The voice sounds like MJ but who can be certain without some type of voice detection of his original voice in comparison to this message he left on an answering machine? It just leaves another piece of the puzzle to be deciphered! Keep the Faith!
avatar
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Lol. He does sound like Michael, almost scarily like Michael but there are tiny little things in the recording which make me think he's just a very good voice impersonator rather than Michael himself - although it would be awesome if it were MJ.

Did anyone notice the lip-smacking every other line? That is something which actually got on my nerves slightly which is what made it stand out. As far as I know Michael doesn't smack his lips every other line, and the only time I've really noticed it is in the rehearsal footage clip where he's watching the dancers and chewing gum - then he smacks his lips loudly once then goes back to chewing again.
The accent is slightly off in certain places, on the pronounciation of certain words, this struck me as a bit odd because it seems to slip in places before going back to normal.

To me this 'Donald' seems like a very good voice impersonator, is he Michael? I don't know. I know he and 'Dom' from peterpanpyt's myspace caused a lot of fuss because people swore they were Michael so it remains to be seen.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:04 pm

As a quick side note - for those saying that it isn't a British accent. There is no such thing as a singular British accent, it just doesn't exist. Take it from someone who is a native, our accents range from one extreme to another with everything in between.
I know I've been told many times that I speak with an 'American' accent when I speak and I've never set foot in the US, and I also know there are areas of Scotland (the posher areas of Scotland) where their accents are almost 'American' sounding it's uncanny.

To me it seems like it may be a Brit putting on an American accent because it slips in places where he hasn't quite mastered it properly, but then we have no proof or confirmation unless someone, an audio/sound engineer can analyse it.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:12 pm

I have listen to this 5 times now, back and forth.

There is NOWAY this is a brittish voice.

The way Michael prounnence some of his words no technology can make that up.

Listen to the 2nd time he says "Music" "Innovative" and "positive"

Im gonna post the other link from when Michael is speaking at his recording studio in Ireland. Listen to when he says "music" "Innovative" and "possitive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znMwk3T9YQY

Listen carefully at 2:19

"Some of the songs are not memorable anymore" WTH Only Michael would say that


I got sick. Where the hell is this comming from??

What is Michael doing, why is he calling this guy??

I got the chills

Either this imporsenator have been practicing ALOT or its Michael

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Rach on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:16 pm

I don't think it's Michael. Sorry guys.

There is just something "off" about it that I can't place my finger on. IDK though, I could be wrong.

I wonder what his MSN and Facebook are?!
avatar
Rach
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 3057
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : In my own little world :)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by dunno_it on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:29 pm

I don't like the hedges, they are not MJ's style like those "and um" and that vocab style is just not his. I'm a discourse analyst myself but I can't place my finger on it eighter. it's just my first impression- it is not MJ. in order to know that for a fact, there must be very extensive linguistic research...
avatar
dunno_it
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 262
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:35 pm

dunno_it wrote:I don't like the hedges, they are not MJ's style like those "and um" and that vocab style is just not his. I'm a discourse analyst myself but I can't place my finger on it eighter. it's just my first impression- it is not MJ. in order to know that for a fact, there must be very extensive linguistic research...


Look at his private home videos. He says "uhm" many times. It sounds really familiar to eachother

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by michellemissesmjj on Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:59 pm

i think its the same guy from peterpan. infact its the same message. i think it does really sound like mj. and i am from the uk and nobody can tell me that is a british accent.. it is an american accent. that is no way an english accent.
avatar
michellemissesmjj
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 51
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Pammy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 pm

he was online a few minutes ago here but left because ppl couldnt LEAVE HIM ALONE Evil or Very Mad

http://tinychat.com/michaeljackson

This is what Peter posted on myspace as bulletin



Last edited by Pammy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Pammy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 579
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 41
Woonplaats : germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by dunno_it on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:As a quick side note - for those saying that it isn't a British accent. There is no such thing as a singular British accent, it just doesn't exist. Take it from someone who is a native, our accents range from one extreme to another with everything in between.
I know I've been told many times that I speak with an 'American' accent when I speak and I've never set foot in the US, and I also know there are areas of Scotland (the posher areas of Scotland) where their accents are almost 'American' sounding it's uncanny.

To me it seems like it may be a Brit putting on an American accent because it slips in places where he hasn't quite mastered it properly, but then we have no proof or confirmation unless someone, an audio/sound engineer can analyse it.

Unfortunatelly, i have to disagree with you! cause I've been studying British accents throughout my academic life and I am sure this is American. native speakers are not usually aware which phonetic features are responsible for their accent. I do agree, however, that there is a wide variety of BE accents, yet they are different from American accents and definitely from this one on all levels, from phonemic (sounds) to suprasegmental (rhythm and intonation). Also there are stylistic and discourse features typical for American Accents. this guy is definitely American, perhaps living in the UK. However the O2 guy's accent seems very interesting linguistically. While generally he sounds American, he has some obvious traces of BE sounds as if he was British and trained to sound American by a phonetician. MJ does not sound like that, not at all. the o2 guy's accent gave him away too well... Hope you don't mind my disagreeing with you!
avatar
dunno_it
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 262
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Pammy wrote:he was online a few minutes ago here but left because ppl couldnt LEAVE HIM ALONE Evil or Very Mad

http://tinychat.com/michaeljackson

This is what Peter posted on myspace as bulletin




Poor guy. Why is some people so cruel.??

But how can he be 100% sure that this is not a hoax??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Liberian.Girl. on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 pm

That's kinda scary, actually... Who's Myspace page was that from again?
avatar
Liberian.Girl.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 182
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-25
Leeftijd : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by MJJ Love on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:42 pm

It's odd, because the 1st time,

he said " Please put all rumors to rest that I AM MICHAEL JACKSON"

and then the 2nd time he said "Lay all these rumors to rest that I am Michael Jackson"

Not saying he is of course, because I do not think he sounds like MJ, but thought it was funny how he placed it twice in there incorrectly....
WHEN he should be saying "I AM NOT MICHAEL JACKSON"
LOL
avatar
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 772
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-12
Leeftijd : 41
Woonplaats : Washington D.C.

View user profile http://WWW.AlBSureLove.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:12 pm

dunno_it wrote:
Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:As a quick side note - for those saying that it isn't a British accent. There is no such thing as a singular British accent, it just doesn't exist. Take it from someone who is a native, our accents range from one extreme to another with everything in between.
I know I've been told many times that I speak with an 'American' accent when I speak and I've never set foot in the US, and I also know there are areas of Scotland (the posher areas of Scotland) where their accents are almost 'American' sounding it's uncanny.

To me it seems like it may be a Brit putting on an American accent because it slips in places where he hasn't quite mastered it properly, but then we have no proof or confirmation unless someone, an audio/sound engineer can analyse it.

Unfortunatelly, i have to disagree with you! cause I've been studying British accents throughout my academic life and I am sure this is American. native speakers are not usually aware which phonetic features are responsible for their accent. I do agree, however, that there is a wide variety of BE accents, yet they are different from American accents and definitely from this one on all levels, from phonemic (sounds) to suprasegmental (rhythm and intonation). Also there are stylistic and discourse features typical for American Accents. this guy is definitely American, perhaps living in the UK. However the O2 guy's accent seems very interesting linguistically. While generally he sounds American, he has some obvious traces of BE sounds as if he was British and trained to sound American by a phonetician. MJ does not sound like that, not at all. the o2 guy's accent gave him away too well... Hope you don't mind my disagreeing with you!
Hey, I don't mind you disagreeing with me lol.
I just get annoyed when people (mostly americans) use the words 'british accent' because there is no such thing. I may have not worded my original post as I would have liked in hindsight, but there is no such thing as a british accent. Our accents range as you move around the country and there really is no such thing as a single typical british accent. Heck, there are people with different accents depending on which part of London they grew up in and that is 1 city - think of it like that across the whole country.

I didn't mean 'Donald' was British, I don't know him so I couldn't say - but I do know that he is NOT Michael Jackson. He's a voice impersonator - good but not that good - because he fluffed it in many places and made some very obvious stand-out mistakes in his pronunciation which lead me to think that he most definitely is not Michael.
O2 guy has serious issues with his accent. He definitely fluffed the american accent, although I wouldn't go as far as to say his accent was 'British', there is definitely something there but I don't think it is entirely an English accent, or it may be something else altogether. There are more accents in the world than typical British or American ones and that may also be a consideration.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:27 pm

He says he is donald from the UK. Doesnt mean he has to have an accent just cus he says he's from there. He is an AMERICAN who lives in the UK so he says he is from the UK.

APOM who is Bristish and has a british accent can live in the USA and say she is from the USA....
avatar
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
Moderator
Moderator

Aantal berichten : 2436
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't think he is, I think he could be trained like O2 guy - for the Americans on here - is his American accent flawlessly perfect, and never doubted for one second that it is a genuine native American accent - perfect?

I don't think it is completely 100% native-perfect because every so often he fluffs it slightly with the pronunciation of certain words. Now he could be an American who has lived abroad for so long that he's lost his native US accent a bit, or he could have taken lessons from a dialect coach to sound as close to perfect/native as possible without actually being a native.

*Edit* Maybe it is O2 guy
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by ishealive on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:33 pm

It does sound very like Michael.
He's on Facebook?????????????
avatar
ishealive
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1183
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 37
Woonplaats : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me on Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:35 pm

ishealive wrote:It does sound very like Michael.
He's on Facebook?????????????
I dunno, and this is just my opinion, definitely not fact, but I think he sounds like Michael in the way that people think Jason Malachi sounds like Michael. Close but no dice. While there is a closeness and similarity, it's not the genuine article, but thats my opinion only.

I don't think Michael would openly broadcast having a Myspace and Facebook esp not on a voice message on Myspace.
avatar
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Woonplaats : London, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by summer+sc3nt on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:19 am

*************wail************** I'm always late and missed the video! It been taken off lol... Hmmm scratch Now! Whyever do they wanna do that, I wonder?!?! Could it really be Michael? Days earlier.. there is the video on the underground and ambulance thing then someone mentioned about Jimmy's 'something' saying Michael is alive on his talk show... Now this video, tho I've yet to see it.. Could it be Michael is gonna make an appearence? Naw this isn't wistful thinking.. whatever some may say. Just an instinct that's all!
avatar
summer+sc3nt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 503
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by cherrymafia on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 am

removed by user :[
avatar
cherrymafia
New Member
New Member

Aantal berichten : 13
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by The Little White Bird on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:29 am

Its not Michael Jackson. Heres a video of Donald showing how he changes his voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQzM7atWDo
avatar
The Little White Bird
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 185
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-09
Woonplaats : London England

View user profile http://www.leegreenfield.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by summer+sc3nt on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:30 am

The Little White Bird wrote:Its not Michael Jackson. Heres a video of Donald showing how he changes his voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQzM7atWDo

OK thanks.. for the link tho I did not get to view the video.. I mean the previous one.
avatar
summer+sc3nt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 503
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Woonplaats : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this just another manipulation of the 21st century technology or is it Michael Jackson?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum