Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert

+7
Give.In.To.Me
Pammy
annieisnotokey
EarthAngel90
nlb
yaya
Banessa
11 posters

Go down

Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert Empty Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert

Post by Banessa Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert - Jermaine Jackson

"LONDON - Jermaine Jackson denied on Wednesday rumours that other members of the Jackson family oppose the concert he plans to stage in Vienna later this month in memory of his brother Michael.

Jackson also dismissed reports that two of the biggest stars he has lined up for the Vienna concert would not show and said he hoped Stevie Wonder would also play the Sept. 26 gig, to be staged in front of Vienna’s Schoenbrunn castle.

"I invited my mother, I invited my brothers and sisters as well," he told a news conference in London. "I am not happy with the talk being said in the press about the support isn’t there. My mother from the very start supported this."

Jackson himself aims to perform a virtual duet with his late brother who died from a drug overdose on June 25, weeks ahead of a planned marathon series of stadium concerts in London.

Showbiz websites have speculated the show could bomb because the few big names so far announced might not be able to make it.

Jackson confirmed that singer Mary J. Blige would be busy at a fashion event in Italy on the day of the concert, but that she would fly in to perform in its second half. R&B star Chris Brown, who is on probation for assaulting his ex-girlfriend, the pop star Rihanna, will perform if allowed to leave the United States. "He wants to be here. It’s just up to what he’s going through with his court case right now," Jackson said. "He’s definitely going to be here."

When asked whether Brown’s well publicised assault would lower the tone of the concert, he replied: "Not at all. And I’ll tell you why. He’s asked for forgiveness. ... He’s a wonderful performer and during these times people need support."

Jackson did not confirm any big new acts since unveiling plans for the concert at a news conference on Tuesday.

But he said it was likely that Stevie Wonder, R. Kelly and Maroon 5 would perform, alongside a roster of names from India and the Middle East that he is putting together.

Jackson said there had been talk of holding the concert at Washington’s Lincoln Memorial, but he had chosen the European venue due to his brother’s huge fan base there.

At one point in the news conference, Jackson the broke into tears when asked whether his family had been able to grieve Michael’s death in private.

"We haven’t had time yet, we are trying to find our time just to be a family and pick up the pieces and move on," he said.

"At the same time we realise that Michael just didn’t belong to us, he belonged to the world and we have to continue to ... give them what they want."

Organisers expect an audience of 65,000 and that millions will watch on TV screens worldwide as artists reinterpret Jackson’s greatest hits including Billie Jean, Thriller and Bad.

Tickets for the concert are being sold in stages for 63 to 518 euros ($91-$745) each. More than half have been sold. The concert’s producer, Georg Kindel, said he had seen fake tickets for 1,000 pounds ($1,651) for sale on the web."

(Editing by Paul Casciato)
©️ Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

http://www.globaltvbc.com/entertainment/story.html?id=1975841

According to this article published today the show will go on!
Banessa
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert Empty Re: Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert

Post by yaya Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:18 pm

that's funny, cuz it was also just "confirmed" that chris brown would NOT be attending.
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Leeftijd : 40

Back to top Go down

Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert Empty Re: Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert

Post by nlb Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:24 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32762051/ns/entertainment-music/

This is from this article:
No motion has been filed with the judge handling Brown’s criminal case,
court spokeswoman Vania Stuelp said, and the person with knowledge of
the singer’s situation said none would be filed. Brown, who is serving
five years of probation for beating his former girlfriend, Rihanna,
would need the judge’s permission for any international travel, Stuelp said.

This is funny cause I just posted about Chris not being confirmed. This is really starting to make Jermaine look bad. He says one thing and the people he says are performing are saying somthing totally different.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Banessa Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:29 pm

I am so confused!!! scratch bounce scratch

We hear one thing. Turn around for a few seconds and then BAM! Something new comes out contradicting the first! I'm going to lose it soon! geek lol

Last edited by Banessa on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Banessa
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthAngel90 Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Lets say it HOAX & CONTRIDICTION !!!!!
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 34

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Can they deside now??? Are they going to support it or not? I getting confused

They have to give the world what they want? They need to pick up the pieces and move on. Jermaine are you serious.. ???

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Can these people make up their fr*aking minds already??? Rolling Eyes
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Pammy Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Banessa wrote:I am so confused!!! scratch bounce scratch

We hear one thing. Turn around for a few seconds and then BAM! Something new comes out contradicting the first! I'm going to lose it soon! geek lol

Does this surprise you ?? Very Happy Media Media Media .... I wish I could afford to fly to vienna to
check the situation by myself! IMO the ticket prices are way to expensive!!! Shocked

This makes me feel like ..... that there maybe will be a eeehm a big surprise .... Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert K020 Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert A050 Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert E025
Pammy
Pammy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 579
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Give.In.To.Me Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:41 pm

Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert Icon_lol The best part of this whole statement is the this line right here...

" ...he belonged to the world and we have to continue to ... give them what they want." Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert Icon_king See ya in Vienna MJ!!! Jackson family supports Michael Jackson tribute concert Herz
Give.In.To.Me
Give.In.To.Me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 422
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01
Leeftijd : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by justafan Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 pm

I mean come on, what a tribute is this ? Who knows all the R&B stars in Europe ?

Just to compare:

That was the Freddie Mercury Tribute back in 1992 and the line up is way better (remember it's another genre) than the Vienna one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Freddie_Mercury_Tribute_Concert
justafan
justafan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 37
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:59 pm

I am not confused by anything. Since when does a hoax of this magnitude have consistencies. We've never seen one like this before. Of course changes will take place from one minute to the next. Keep the Faith!
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MJfan777 Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 pm

WHAT??

help me, im lost cyclops
MJfan777
MJfan777
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 316
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Yep!

Sweet1 wrote:I am not confused by anything. Since when does a hoax of this magnitude have consistencies. We've never seen one like this before. Of course changes will take place from one minute to the next. Keep the Faith!
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down