Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Is It= Total exploitation?

+16
EarthAngel90
emo_pinkt
marsheliamorgan
MissBillieJean
mommy
nlb
annieisnotokey
jpresley
neverlandprincess
Give.In.To.Me
kdkennedy74
GenitiveOm
Truth_or_Dare
Rach
yaya
michaelisbeautiful3
20 posters

Go down

This Is It= Total exploitation? Empty This Is It= Total exploitation?

Post by michaelisbeautiful3 Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:18 am

It's not that I'm not curious to watch, but don't you guys think this movie is totally exploiting Jackson? I mean it's pretty eeerie how they turn a major tragedy into the years biggest movie. I'm kinda creeped out.
michaelisbeautiful3
michaelisbeautiful3

Aantal berichten : 9
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

This Is It= Total exploitation? Empty Re: This Is It= Total exploitation?

Post by yaya Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:34 am

if he was really dead, yes, i would look at it that same way. i just don't think he's dead so it's never occurred to me in that sense.
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:35 am

I am going to be controversial here and say that it IS exploiting, but not towards Michael but towards the people who are going to go and see it.

If you have seen my posts over the last few days you will know that I believe there has been more than one Michael for a number of years now. I have watched the TII trailer like 50 times now and I am convinced there is more than one Michael in there. I know most of you don't believe this, so don't shoot me down. These are my beliefs!

I will be going to see the movie to analyze it but for those who don't believe in a hoax theory and think Michael has passed and want to see the movie to pay their respects, I think it's exploiting them and don't believe that's right.
Rach
Rach

Aantal berichten : 3057
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Truth_or_Dare Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:36 am

I know what you mean...It seems they are all exploiting his death...Hope he's behind it and it's not just another example of how cruel our world is...
Truth_or_Dare
Truth_or_Dare
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 536
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by GenitiveOm Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 am

HELLO! This was my main reasoning for believing that there HAS TO BE a hoax at play here.
I mean, really, how sick is this if Michael has really passed away?

I mean, yeah, people are greedy.. but this goes way beyond greed (IMO) - if this really wasn't a planned event all along - oh I can't even muster the needed adjectives.

I don't know - I just have a very hard time believing that Michael could surround himself with all this greed and all these greedy people and still be as humble and loving as he was. There has to be very much more behind the scenes that is still so unclear to us at this time. I hope that the movie provides the missing pieces and that Michael can return 'home' soon.
GenitiveOm
GenitiveOm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 26
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kdkennedy74 Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Rach wrote:I am going to be controversial here and say that it IS exploiting, but not towards Michael but towards the people who are going to go and see it.

If you have seen my posts over the last few days you will know that I believe there has been more than one Michael for a number of years now. I have watched the TII trailer like 50 times now and I am convinced there is more than one Michael in there. I know most of you don't believe this, so don't shoot me down. These are my beliefs!

I will be going to see the movie to analyze it but for those who don't believe in a hoax theory and think Michael has passed and want to see the movie to pay their respects, I think it's exploiting them and don't believe that's right.

I agree with you 100% Rach. There is definitely, IMO, more than one Michael on that footage and like you, I am going to see the movie so that I can analyze it and then I will also be purchasing the DVD so that I can analyze even further!!!
kdkennedy74
kdkennedy74
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 836
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Give.In.To.Me Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Rach wrote:I am going to be controversial here and say that it IS exploiting, but not towards Michael but towards the people who are going to go and see it.

I totally follow your theory of the many Michaels. And now that you said that about the TII trailer, I went and rewatched it...girl..your right..something is up. If that's the same MJ, it's definatley not from this year alone. Actually, it kinda creeped me out a bit This Is It= Total exploitation? Suspect
Give.In.To.Me
Give.In.To.Me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 422
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01
Leeftijd : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:02 pm

yaya wrote:if he was really dead, yes, i would look at it that same way. i just don't think he's dead so it's never occurred to me in that sense.

LOL This Is It= Total exploitation? Lol
neverlandprincess
neverlandprincess

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I dont know guys-in part it is exploitin (on the part of SONY AEG etc) on our part it is not exploiting...look if he is gone it is the last thing he did and he is/was working on it for us. I personally think I will probably cry my eyes out if I get to see it.

On another subject-wait I will post another thread.
neverlandprincess
neverlandprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by jpresley Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Damn, I need to rewatch the trailer because I didn't see more than one 'Michael'. Any suggestions were I should pause to examing more closely??
jpresley
jpresley
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 747
Leeftijd : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Rach wrote:I have watched the TII trailer like 50 times now and I am convinced there is more than one Michael in there.

I agree with you on that one Rach.

In the trailer there are 3 or 4 captions that made me instantly react "That's not him!". Shocked
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:10 pm

jpresley wrote:Damn, I need to rewatch the trailer because I didn't see more than one 'Michael'. Any suggestions were I should pause to examing more closely??

I will PM you sweetie with some screen shots! xoxo
Rach
Rach

Aantal berichten : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:14 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:
Rach wrote:I have watched the TII trailer like 50 times now and I am convinced there is more than one Michael in there.

I agree with you on that one Rach.

In the trailer there are 3 or 4 captions that made me instantly react "That's not him!". Shocked

I agree with you guys as well.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by mommy Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:15 pm

@ rach.

Glad to see youre back on full steam ahead. Can u cc me? I want to have a closer look, too.
Thanks
mommy
mommy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 183
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jpresley Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Rach wrote:
jpresley wrote:Damn, I need to rewatch the trailer because I didn't see more than one 'Michael'. Any suggestions were I should pause to examing more closely??

I will PM you sweetie with some screen shots! xoxo

Tanks darlin! W/ hubby out of town and being out of the office the next two days, I can really check stuff out.
jpresley
jpresley
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 747
Leeftijd : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBillieJean Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 pm

I don't know. I probably will see it though. I'm curious. Plus I'm a hoax beliver and I belive Michael is behind this project is some way.
MissBillieJean
MissBillieJean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 26
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by marsheliamorgan Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:17 pm

i am hoping and praying as all of u that this really is a hoax and not just his family and so-called friends being greedy and money hungry,surely,this is too far out there to be legitimate huh?i dont care if it is for a movie,a rest or what have u,i just want michael to be well rested,reassurred,and welcomed back with open loving arms,when and if he does come back to the public. thats all i am praying for.and i too will be doing my damdest to see the movie and be buying the dvd's.it should be well worth the money.
marsheliamorgan
marsheliamorgan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 612
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:23 pm

@marsheliamorgan-right back at ya girl.
neverlandprincess
neverlandprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by emo_pinkt Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:47 pm

michaelisbeautiful3 wrote:It's not that I'm not curious to watch, but don't you guys think this movie is totally exploiting Jackson? I mean it's pretty eeerie how they turn a major tragedy into the years biggest movie. I'm kinda creeped out.
Agree 100%
emo_pinkt
emo_pinkt
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 174
Leeftijd : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthAngel90 Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:00 pm

I feel 50/50 on it ... I think Michael wouldn't see it as Exploitation - I think he be proud of his achievement & I don't think he would see it like that ... but now I am thinking about it - if Jermaine & Joe involved in this ... it is total exploitation ... I wish I could stop it .. but What goes around comes around .... Karma will prevail ....
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 34

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 pm

@Earthangel-I agree.
neverlandprincess
neverlandprincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Banessa Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Give.In.To.Me wrote:

I totally follow your theory of the many Michaels. And now that you said that about the TII trailer, I went and rewatched it...girl..your right..something is up. If that's the same MJ, it's definatley not from this year alone. Actually, it kinda creeped me out a bit This Is It= Total exploitation? Suspect

I couldn't agree with you two more!!! Besides the fact of being creeped out about sitting there wondering which MJ is which...and taking notes to compare...Lol I do feel that it is a disrespect in the sense that AEG/Columbia are taking and will continue to take advantage of all the fans who are willing to grasp on to anything that will give some sort of closure for those who have mourned him and for those of us who believe him to be alive a sense of closeness until we know just what the heck happened! Wink Just my thought!
Banessa
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Exploitation? Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows...

It is striking while the iron is hot. MJ has become a motivator for people to spend money. Not sure about your part of the world, but that is a big problem here in America. People are afraid to spend money whether they have it or not. Since June 25th, people have purchased books, magazines, newspapers, music etc etc etc. Any and Every thing that is MJ related has been flying off of the shelves. Walmart introduced a line of tote bags featuring old covers. They had several versions that featured stars from past decades. No MJ cover/tote bag. I was not happy because I might have bought the MJ one. The tote bags were introduced in the store over a month ago. I was visiting Walmart yesterday and guess what I saw?!?!?. Miraculously, they now have one featuring MJ.

I have a strange feeling about the tickets to TII. Online sales? C'mon...some ticket brokers are probably already set up to hijack the site to buy many tickets and re-sell them at obscene scalper prices. I want to see the movie but it is doubtful. I am not sure that I could sit in the theatre and stomach it. Hopefully you guys will get a chance to see it and fill me in on what I missed.
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeingClues Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:54 pm

If he is dead then yes, it's exploitive. I'm thinking that MJ would be mortified to have people view a rehearsal as a "finished project" knowing how hard he worked on it and how he only wanted to present something perfect and polished to the audience. Remember, this would represent his grand finale; the last memory of MJ.

I think if it was on TV for free as a special it wouldn't seem as exploitative..

Don't forget about the huge merchandizing deal that was finalized in court...when are they going to start peddling crap for that? There's suppossed to be MJ toys and all sorts of things.
SeeingClues
SeeingClues
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 299
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

http://twitter.com/seeingclues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Give.In.To.Me wrote:

100% agreed! That is why I am going to wait for the DVD. I am not to going to the movie for what I already know. Keep the Faith!
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum