Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tmz reports Lloyds will not pay off insurance to AEG

+8
Sweet1
Another.Part.Of.Me
doonbuggy
StenniZ
bexuk
endlessfire
dancer1792
ilprincipe
12 posters

Go down

Tmz reports Lloyds will not pay off insurance to AEG Empty Tmz reports Lloyds will not pay off insurance to AEG

Post by ilprincipe Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:13 am

Last edited by ilprincipe on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
ilprincipe
ilprincipe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 934
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 43

Back to top Go down

Tmz reports Lloyds will not pay off insurance to AEG Empty Re: Tmz reports Lloyds will not pay off insurance to AEG

Post by dancer1792 Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:16 am

Well... If they can't collect the insurance money, it will protect him from fraud.
dancer1792
dancer1792
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 167
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Tmz reports Lloyds will not pay off insurance to AEG Empty Re: Tmz reports Lloyds will not pay off insurance to AEG

Post by endlessfire Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:22 am

another TMZ clue.
endlessfire
endlessfire
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by bexuk Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:48 am

i dont think aeg will be that bothered since they can rake back profits from the comeback concert and the selling of the movie lol!
bexuk
bexuk

Aantal berichten : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by StenniZ Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:06 am

bexuk wrote:i dont think aeg will be that bothered since they can rake back profits from the comeback concert and the selling of the movie lol!

Hahaha EXACTLY! Oh my, It just keeps getting weirder and weirder or should I say better and better? Smile
StenniZ
StenniZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by doonbuggy Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:24 am

ANd ALSO, the 2nd phsycial was supposed to happen June 26th or something... HMMMM
doonbuggy
doonbuggy

Aantal berichten : 16

http://www.doonidesigns.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:40 am

bexuk wrote:i dont think aeg will be that bothered since they can rake back profits from the comeback concert and the selling of the movie lol!

I don't know about raking back profits. According to the papers filed for future merchandising plans the family will get 90% of the profits from the Movie; and AEG only sold the movie footage for £35million - I say only, because that footage is practically priceless. If I worked for AEG or owned it I would have held out for something a lot more than £35m, I'd hold out until it went close to or over £100m - yet they practically gave it away to Columbia for £35m?
That doesn't sound right to me.

Rofl re-reading that, it just makes me sound greedy lol, but in this world big corporations want to make money not losses and that is a small amount for what is potentially the biggest selling movie of all time.
Another.Part.Of.Me
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1083
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:20 am

bexuk wrote:
i dont think aeg will be that bothered since they can rake back profits from the comeback concert and the selling of the movie lol!

Question: Has anyone ever thought that perhaps AEG sole the rehearsal to Sony so cheap because once the movie is released it will be in the mult-millions of dollars?

Answer: This was the King of Pop and his last rehearsal surely it would have sole for $75 mil if not more. AEG knows whats going on and I do believe MJ's manager is in on it too. This is going to be the Biggest Movie ever. Hollywood (Speilburg/Scorcese) won't have anything on Michael Jackson. I can't wait!
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886

Back to top Go down

Post by Banessa Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:57 am

So many twists to the plot!

Now from the beginning we keep hearing how the insurance AEG took on MJ was supposed to have covered MJ from a drug over dose and now...Only if it was from an accient so it might or it won't be paid! I agree with dancer 1792 the insurance is not paid/collected there is no fraud commited!
Banessa
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by dancer1792 Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 pm

I guess too many people were questioning the fact that the insurance had not been collected so they had to come up with a reason for it. These stories just get crazier and crazier.
dancer1792
dancer1792
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by THE JACKSONOLOGIST Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:

I don't know about raking back profits. According to the papers filed for future merchandising plans the family will get 90% of the profits from the Movie; and AEG only sold the movie footage for £35million - I say only, because that footage is practically priceless. If I worked for AEG or owned it I would have held out for something a lot more than £35m, I'd hold out until it went close to or over £100m - yet they practically gave it away to Columbia for £35m?

Rofl re-reading that, it just makes me sound greedy lol, but in this world big corporations want to make money not losses and that is a small amount for what is potentially the biggest selling movie of all time.

LMAO!! Greedy Be-otch!!

This is so COOL!! I love this Mike!!! You have done an EXCELLENT job with all this!!!

And BTW....I REALLY need to cool off on coming on here while at work!! Im not getting anything done!!
THE JACKSONOLOGIST
THE JACKSONOLOGIST

Aantal berichten : 2436
Leeftijd : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:57 pm

THE JACKSONOLOGIST wrote:
Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:

LMAO!! Greedy Be-otch!!
This is so COOL!! I love this Mike!!! You have done an EXCELLENT job with all this!!!

And BTW....I REALLY need to cool off on coming on here while at work!! Im not getting anything done!!

tongue lol! lol!
I agree - Michael, if you are monitoring this then you've surpassed *anything* that has ever been done by anyone! I salute you for your undeniable brilliance. This is by far bigger than anything
Another.Part.Of.Me
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Another.Part.Of.Me wrote:I don't know about raking back profits. According to the papers filed for future merchandising plans the family will get 90% of the profits from the Movie; and AEG only sold the movie footage for £35million - I say only, because that footage is practically priceless. If I worked for AEG or owned it I would have held out for something a lot more than £35m, I'd hold out until it went close to or over £100m - yet they practically gave it away to Columbia for £35m?

Just tried to calculate: (VERY !!!! rough)

So they sold the rights to SONY / Columbia for 60 Million dollars, right ?

dvd:

Let's assume the DVD will cost 20.00 $ in a shop.
There will be like a 50 % net profit in the end which makes 10.00 dollars per DVD (the other 10 dollars would be production costs, advertising, distribution costs, administrative costs)

If it is true that 90 % of the profit will go to the jackson's estate it means that SONY will only earn 1 Dollar per DVD

To break even (on DVDs) sony would need to sell 60 million + 1 DVDs worldwide to earn one dollar.

Box office:

As far as I know the net earnings for the producer are about 15 % of the ticket price.

The avarega ticket price is 7 dollar
That would mean 1,05 dollar for SONY - 90 percent to the jackson's again leaves 0,105 dollar to sony.

So I now I split the 60 million dollar up by 2 for the dvd market and the box office (which leaves 30 milion dollar costs each)

To break even at the box office sony then would have to sell 286 Million tickets at the box offices to break even.

once again:

Sony needs to sell

30 million DVDs to break even on the costs for the DVD (assumed 30 mio)
AND
sell 286 Million tickets at the box offices (to make the other 30 mio)

Until then sony will not earn one single cent. Sounds risky to me

Of course there will be merchandise all over and they will sell the rights to Tv and stuff but they will not make THAT much money with it.
The price is fair and still risky if you make mistakes with the advertising.

just my 2 cents
Silence
Silence
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Smelly Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:57 pm

Wow Silence, your good with numbers lol! affraid
Smelly
Smelly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 665
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Silence Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Smelly wrote:Wow Silence, your good with numbers lol! affraid

they may be wrong though........ bounce
Silence
Silence
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Another.Part.Of.Me Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Number-crunching, fun lol.
It's $75m and that's £35m (sorry for using £sterling, it's my currency so it's makes more sense for me to use that).
$75m bought by Columbia/Sony for 100 hours of HD footage and audio.
The director is Kenny Ortega - perhaps Sony/Columbia will be footing his salary out of their own pocket, not to mention the editors, producers etc. As well as promoting the movie, billboards, trailers, posters etc.

If the Jackson estate gets 90% of the movie revenue from ticket sales, not to mention merchandising - some of the more 'creative' ideas on the court papers are soft toys playing MJ music, tattoos, mobile/cell phones and so on.

What on earth are Columbia/Sony making out of it?
After the 25 June, Randy from AEG said they had 100+ hours of rehearsal footage and they had plans for a movie release, a Pay-Per-View thing as well as DVDs and other stuff - and he said that AEG owned the rights to the footage - owning the rights to something means that you get the revenue from it. Now AEG says that the Jackson family get 90% of the revenue.
It doesn't make sense in my mind.
Another.Part.Of.Me
Another.Part.Of.Me
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum