Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!!

+7
StayTuned
mjssoulmate
christina
dontmakeitfactual
Harleyblonde
MJhunny
MJonMyMind
11 posters

Go down

THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!! Empty THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!!

Post by MJonMyMind Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:48 pm

I saw This is It last night...something was not right!!!!!

At the closing credits there was a picture of MJ saying Michael Jackson

King Of Pop.....BUT no reference to his date of birth and date of death

which is very unusual because it was like a in memory of.

If you recall many other famous ppl who have passed, they always put the Date Of Birth and the Date Of Death.........

The only dedication was to Prince, Paris and Blanket which I found very odd and there was actually no reference AT ALL to MJ's death. The other strange thing in the credits was it said "MJ would like to thank previous dancers/artists he had worked with....this came across to me as being in the present tense?

My thoughts on the Doco are this.

MJ was thin. Too thin

The lighting was dim but I believe in most of the show it was MJ

The Orange pants MJ I’m not sure about to be honest!!

Hey did you also notice the backing singers in the recording studio

When they were rehearsing, there was a very seedy looking character

Lurking in the background in a suit...WHO WAS HE? THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!! Icon_farao
MJonMyMind
MJonMyMind
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 191
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!! Empty Re: THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!!

Post by MJhunny Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:00 pm

if i'm not mistaken that was Alberto "Tippy-911" Alvarez
MJhunny
MJhunny
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 156
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-16
Leeftijd : 52

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!! Empty Re: THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!!

Post by Harleyblonde Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Quote-"The other strange thing in the credits was it said "MJ would like to thank previous dancers/artists he had worked with....this came across to me as being in the present tense?"

Thanks for the post, very interesting as you are not the only one to think "orange pants" Michael was not him. The above statement I cannot get my head round. It is the present tense but also how can he have it written in the credits to thank dancers and artists if he is dead? This was not supposed to be meant to be a movie shown for public viewing so how can the producers write this in the credits on his behalf when everyone knows he is not here? Would be like sending someone a birthday card after you had died. Would anyone do that on your behalf?
Harleyblonde
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dontmakeitfactual Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:13 pm

The actual wording was 'Michael wanted to thank previous...' I made sure I checked that out the second time I saw the movie as it had struck me as odd when I watched the first night...But then English is not my first language so I don't really know how this is supposed to be interpreted?
dontmakeitfactual
dontmakeitfactual
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 177
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by christina Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Need your help !
I saw TII... and many clues gave me more hope to believe (scene of smooth criminal, Michael' speech, no mention to his "death" date, MJ thanks to dancers at the end...) but I would like to have your thoughts and feelings about :

- dancers reactions in the beginning : I have the feeling that some of them were more than happy to work with Michael (I suppose it was before June 25) but some others were acting like their dream had disappeared : My engligh is not very good : could you please let me know what you think about this.

- Something is driving me crazy : Many times during the film, Michael says he is not 100 % in this rehearsal (to preserve his voice and strenght) : even though 90 % of Michael is much better than any other performer, it's strange because each of us knows Michael is a perfectionist.
If Michael's project was to make this movie for us, his fans, wouldn't have he give the most fabulous performance ever ?
Understand me : I loved seeing him again and I think he's absolutely amazing in This is it (maybe more than any other movie/concert, because beside the fact that he's an artistic GENIUS, we witnessed how marvellous human beeing Michael is).
But if Michael had decided to give us just one last performance before retiring, would it be this one ?
your opinions pleaaaase... I need to take this out of my mind !

Thanks !!!
Amour et paix
christina
christina

Aantal berichten : 11
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MJonMyMind Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:12 pm

dontmakeitfactual wrote:The actual wording was 'Michael wanted to thank previous...' I made sure I checked that out the second time I saw the movie as it had struck me as odd when I watched the first night...But then English is not my first language so I don't really know how this is supposed to be interpreted?

No sorry here in Oz at the end it said as I quote....Wants to thank etc etc

Also wanted can also mean....that he is asking someone to pass on a message of thanks!
MJonMyMind
MJonMyMind
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mjssoulmate Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Quote:
But if Michael had decided to give us just one last performance before retiring, would it be this one ?

The answer to this question I think has to be NO. This is simple rehearsal footage, not a performance.
As someone else mentioned the dancers, I'll share what I think. There was some footage out shortly after June 25th, in which the dancers were chosen and interviewed. It seems to me that what we saw in the film is part of that footage. However, my daughter who went with me to see the film, and who has not followed anything related to MIchael, believed that that part was rehearsed and it had been taped for the purpose of the film. I'm thinking it came across that way because of editing.

The weirdest thing to me was the fact that most footage shown was Michael in two different outfits, one of them in orange pants. I think both were Michael. I just wonder, if most of the footage we got to see were of only two different occasions. What about the rest of the 100+ hours of rehearsals? Surely, they could have shown us more of the interactions and decision making Michael. That's what I had expected.
Although I was trying to find clues, I can't really say that anything I saw was one. I noticed the same things as everyone else. There was one more thing that made me pay extra attention. When Michael said: "I'll let it simmer", I was reminded of a post of BACK. I'll have to find it, and see if there is a connection.

Michael was skinny, but he was still beautiful and looked to be in good health. Had the concert taken place, they surely would have been the Greatest Show on Earth, and blown everyone away, and silenced all naysayers.

I will see the movie again tomorrow night. I'll pay closer attention. Maybe I'll notice something else.
mjssoulmate
mjssoulmate
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1043

Back to top Go down

Post by MJonMyMind Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:59 pm

[quote="mjssoulmate"]Quote:

I agree no...Theres so very much more to come I think.... THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!! Icon_farao
MJonMyMind
MJonMyMind
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by StayTuned Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:13 am

mjssoulmate wrote:Quote:

The answer to this question I think has to be NO. This is simple rehearsal footage, not a performance.
As someone else mentioned the dancers, I'll share what I think. There was some footage out shortly after June 25th, in which the dancers were chosen and interviewed. It seems to me that what we saw in the film is part of that footage. However, my daughter who went with me to see the film, and who has not followed anything related to MIchael, believed that that part was rehearsed and it had been taped for the purpose of the film. I'm thinking it came across that way because of editing.

The weirdest thing to me was the fact that most footage shown was Michael in two different outfits, one of them in orange pants. I think both were Michael. I just wonder, if most of the footage we got to see were of only two different occasions. What about the rest of the 100+ hours of rehearsals? Surely, they could have shown us more of the interactions and decision making Michael. That's what I had expected.
Although I was trying to find clues, I can't really say that anything I saw was one. I noticed the same things as everyone else. There was one more thing that made me pay extra attention. When Michael said: "I'll let it simmer", I was reminded of a post of BACK. I'll have to find it, and see if there is a connection.

Michael was skinny, but he was still beautiful and looked to be in good health. Had the concert taken place, they surely would have been the Greatest Show on Earth, and blown everyone away, and silenced all naysayers.

I will see the movie again tomorrow night. I'll pay closer attention. Maybe I'll notice something else.
I am soo glad you mentioned about the number of rehearsal, I wish I could find it cause I read somewere and it said Michael only showed up for 2 or 3 rehearsals, so were did all these hours come from?
I need to find that article again!
StayTuned
StayTuned
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 68
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by StayTuned Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:28 am

Ok I found a article that was written June 30th and it states that They started filming the rehearsal 2 days before he died which was on a Wednesday
it reads: It is understood filming took place
last Wednesday during Jackson’s rehearsals at the Los Angeles Staples
Centre for the 50-date This Is It tour.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1196369/New-pictures-Michael-Jackson-hard-work-rehearsing-just-days-died.html#ixzz0VPS03Nd8
just scroll down near the bottom!
StayTuned
StayTuned
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 68
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:43 am

I don't know whether some of you have ever worked behind and on stage.
I will give you a little explanation then how in general a performance is being set up.

Always consider the master as the boss and at the same time the one who does it best.
He will be included in:
choice of general storybook of the performance
choice and order of pieces / songs to be performed within the storybook frame
choice of persons to perform (dancers, singers
choice of supporting companies (sound, light, special effects, studios etc.)
etc.

Michael did in addition decide over many many other elements of the show as such, did the choreography of the dancers together with Travis, decided on technical playground (stage bottom and top, elevators etc), decided on sound, light, etc.

All of this does not imply that he'd be present all day long at all rehearsals.
The contrary is the case.
There are many many rehearsals where the boss is not present at all - to get the performers fit up to the level when they first can cooperate and work with the other groups - percussion, singers, dancers, technicians - they all do it alone first with some trainers who know what will be important. Then they come back to do partly together to get their part straight. The overall "all together" rehearsals are just in the end where everything fits to at least 80% or more. Until then you'll use "boss doubles" for light, sound, stage position set, choreography etc.
It's only in the end when the boss shows up to finalize everything.
Meanwhile he has done rehearsals and development sessions for himself only alone with his trainers (voice, dance, costumes etc.) and those who train the others.

So this is the most exiting moment in the development and evolution of a show (and everybody is electrified) when the boss shows up and when everybody can prove they did prepare well. That's why they were applauding - the air was filled with exitement and energy.

This is what we have seen in the movie - the rare times when he was on the set to finalize. We were not shown the huge preparations in advance on either side. Consider it enormeous for everyone who participates.
But it's a once in a lifetime chance and I feel blessed we were confided in the movie with moments when Michael was not "perfect" but himself - and what a person is this!
Auntie Liz is very right on her tweets - despite I don't like tweets in general, this time she's SOOO right.
Grace
Grace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 672
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ILuvUMoreMJ Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:09 am

Nice post Grace...I completely agree.
ILuvUMoreMJ
ILuvUMoreMJ

Aantal berichten : 977
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mjssoulmate Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:55 am

Grace wrote:I don't know whether some of you have ever worked behind and on stage.
I will give you a little explanation then how in general a performance is being set up.

Always consider the master as the boss and at the same time the one who does it best.
He will be included in:
choice of general storybook of the performance
choice and order of pieces / songs to be performed within the storybook frame
choice of persons to perform (dancers, singers
choice of supporting companies (sound, light, special effects, studios etc.)
etc.

Michael did in addition decide over many many other elements of the show as such, did the choreography of the dancers together with Travis, decided on technical playground (stage bottom and top, elevators etc), decided on sound, light, etc.

All of this does not imply that he'd be present all day long at all rehearsals.
The contrary is the case.
There are many many rehearsals where the boss is not present at all - to get the performers fit up to the level when they first can cooperate and work with the other groups - percussion, singers, dancers, technicians - they all do it alone first with some trainers who know what will be important. Then they come back to do partly together to get their part straight. The overall "all together" rehearsals are just in the end where everything fits to at least 80% or more. Until then you'll use "boss doubles" for light, sound, stage position set, choreography etc.
It's only in the end when the boss shows up to finalize everything.
Meanwhile he has done rehearsals and development sessions for himself only alone with his trainers (voice, dance, costumes etc.) and those who train the others.

So this is the most exiting moment in the development and evolution of a show (and everybody is electrified) when the boss shows up and when everybody can prove they did prepare well. That's why they were applauding - the air was filled with exitement and energy.

This is what we have seen in the movie - the rare times when he was on the set to finalize. We were not shown the huge preparations in advance on either side. Consider it enormeous for everyone who participates.
But it's a once in a lifetime chance and I feel blessed we were confided in the movie with moments when Michael was not "perfect" but himself - and what a person is this!
Auntie Liz is very right on her tweets - despite I don't like tweets in general, this time she's SOOO right.

That's why I had hoped we would see more of that. The decision making and interactions.
mjssoulmate
mjssoulmate
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1043

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:24 pm

I noticed in the credits, TOHME TOHME was acknowledged as A Production Advisor.

Did anybody notice that. When I saw his name I THIS IS WHAT I THINK of THIS IS IT !!!!! Affraid
juliet
juliet
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 731
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by hAZZELY Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:25 pm

One of the most interesting facts about This Is It, is that there's no reference to the death of Michael Jackson

Kenny's answer (translated online):

"The only reason is that I didn't want anyone to say we produced anything. And we didn't, "said Ortega.

"There is nothing in this film which was not created in the months that Michael Jackson announced he would give the concert until he died. We did not want to speak [about his death]. I call it the final secret document. If we had filmed something later, we opened the doors for people to suspect that this had never happened before and that we tried to alter the content. "

more info at:

http://tributomichaeljackson.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/bbc-radio-kenny-ortega-habla-de-this-is-it-y-lo-que-fue-trabajar-con-michael-jackson/

http://mjjrealrealm.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&sa=761559062

http://www.mjjboard.com/showthread.php?t=12252
hAZZELY
hAZZELY

Aantal berichten : 275
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum