Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wherever, whatever, have a nice day !

+8
MJJ Love
Grace
EarthAngel90
ilprincipe
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
GirlSaturday
neverlandsfairy
Human_nature
12 posters

Go down

Wherever, whatever, have a nice day ! Empty Wherever, whatever, have a nice day !

Post by Human_nature Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Wherever, whatever, have a nice day !

Last edited by Human_nature on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Human_nature
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Wherever, whatever, have a nice day ! Empty Re: Wherever, whatever, have a nice day !

Post by neverlandsfairy Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 pm

So what to think about this new release date, and also just 2 weeks on theaters?I really was expecting it to hit Titanic, but dunno if it will happen anymore...

With the new choosen date and short time at cinemas, does still the movie theory sticks? I got a bit sad now about it. Sad

Now the halloween surprise element had run dry? Sad
neverlandsfairy
neverlandsfairy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 456
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Wherever, whatever, have a nice day ! Empty Re: Wherever, whatever, have a nice day !

Post by GirlSaturday Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Oh well... another reschedule by 2 days just like the burial. In this case, why not release it two weeks earlier instead of a mere two days. It's not like they have a ton of editing to do. The rehearsal footage is already in place. Speaking of two weeks, that is the amount of time that the film will be available in theatres. That's such a short window of time considering the anticipated demand. The ticket lines will be long and the theatres will be jam-packed from 10/28 until 11/10(?).

GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:11 pm

I suppose that we have to focus more on the movie's possible content and not so much on the release date or short stint in the theatres.

One thing that does puzzle me about the movie. Technically it is a promoted as a movie showing rehearsals and practice sessions. Those can be found all over youtube albeit shorter versions. What is this "raw, emotional, moving and powerful" footage that Kenny Ortega is referring to? He also stated that " fans will see Michael as they have never seen him before".

neverlandsfairy wrote:So what to think about this new release date, and also just 2 weeks on theaters?I really was expecting it to hit Titanic, but dunno if it will happen anymore...

With the new choosen date and short time at cinemas, does still the movie theory sticks? I got a bit sad now about it. Sad

GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 pm

hmmmmm...... curious....why only a two-week run?!
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 pm

GirlSaturday....my thoughts exactly!

GirlSaturday wrote:I suppose that we have to focus more on the movie's possible content and not so much on the release date or short stint in the theatres.

One thing that does puzzle me about the movie. Technically it is a promoted as a movie showing rehearsals and practice sessions. Those can be found all over youtube albeit shorter versions. What is this "raw, emotional, moving and powerful" footage that Kenny Ortega is referring to? He also stated that " fans will see Michael as they have never seen him before".

neverlandsfairy wrote:So what to think about this new release date, and also just 2 weeks on theaters?I really was expecting it to hit Titanic, but dunno if it will happen anymore...

MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by ilprincipe Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:31 am

I don`t know what this news will tell me...
a bit confused....
maybe MJ will return in this 2 weeks...
some ppl might get furious about the hoax
and to prevent that some ppl get wild and devastate the theatres,
the movie will just be 2 weeks on the theatres...idk
ilprincipe
ilprincipe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 934
Leeftijd : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthAngel90 Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:51 am

Only 2 weeks ....??? that isn't enough time to see anything ... !!!!
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 34

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:05 am

Agreed. However from a marketing standpoint it guarantees that there will be a sense of urgency for fans to flock and see it. The press will be swarming all over the globe to check in with theatres showing the movie, fan attendance and fan reaction. These showings will make worlwide headlines.

They are striking while the MJ iron is hot.

EarthAngel90 wrote:Only 2 weeks ....??? that isn't enough time to see anything ... !!!!
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:57 am

Last edited by Grace on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Grace
Grace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 672
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by MJJ Love Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:45 am

GirlSaturday wrote:I suppose that we have to focus more on the movie's possible content and not so much on the release date or short stint in the theatres.

Don't be sad love...
KO is really hyping this movie up. I really do believe that there is something that will be revealed that will stun as us all in this movie.
AS MJ SAID "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN NOTHING YET. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I want to see this movie like soooooooooooo bad it's not even funny. Maybe they will release the movie earlier as the date nears.
Hopefully on my birthday October 5th! HA! That would be an excellent present.
MJJ Love
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 772
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-12

http://WWW.AlBSureLove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ishealive Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:05 pm

I feel like i'm already watching the movie.... Wink
ishealive
ishealive
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1183
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:22 pm

"A planned 3-D sequence for "This Is It" will not make it into the final reel, said a source familiar with the studio's efforts."

I wonder why? The movie is advanced by just two days so what could be preventing them from adding the sequence that was already planned.

Clue? Anyone...anyone?
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:30 pm

GirlSaturday wrote:"A planned 3-D sequence for "This Is It" will not make it into the final reel, said a source familiar with the studio's efforts."

I wonder why? The movie is advanced by just two days so what could be preventing them from adding the sequence that was already planned.

Clue? Anyone...anyone?

that sucks, cuz i was really looking forward to that! oh well...
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Leeftijd : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Exactly! 3D and MJ would go hand-in-hand

The Sony site indicates that "Tickets for the two week presentation will go on sale in most cities beginning on Sunday September 27th."

LOL@ the use of the term "presentation" since with only a two -week stay, what else can it be called.

I'm no rocket scientist but "most cities" translates to larger cities within major states as far as American theatres are concerned. Many MJ fan will just be S.O.L.

yaya wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:"A planned 3-D sequence for "This Is It" will not make it into the final reel, said a source familiar with the studio's efforts."

Clue? Anyone...anyone?

that sucks, cuz i was really looking forward to that! oh well...
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by StenniZ Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:45 am

I'm sure the two week screening is just a marketing-trick as with the initial This Is It concerts in London. They started out with 10 (30 or 31 in mind) and extended that to 50 after the 10 concerts were sold out in no time. Smile
StenniZ
StenniZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by CantStopLovingU Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:09 am

Maybe we should start calling our local theaters and ask them when we will be able to purchase the tickets?

I saw the 2 week announcement last week on MTV and posted it here, I thought it was strange too, but then I was wondering - Say there is something mindblowing in the movie, people would know about it quickly after the first couple of screenings on opening day - then it would spread like wild fire.

WHAT IF -> The movie ends with a HUGE CLIFF HANGER -> with everyone talking about and wondering why it ended in such a way.

THEN Michael comes back? Maybe thats why it will only be in the theaters for 2 weeks?
CantStopLovingU
CantStopLovingU
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 755
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by StenniZ Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 am

Good point. I was thinking from the perspective of the companies that will release and make money with this movie, but I was mistaken and should have thought from MJ's perspective. Showing it only two weeks would mean only small financial gain for the companies, but the two week period would make more sense from MJ's point of view. Again, good point. Smile Thanks!
StenniZ
StenniZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down