Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit"

+3
ballongiraf
nlb
WanaBstartnSthn
7 posters

Go down

TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit" Empty TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit"

Post by WanaBstartnSthn Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:56 pm

TMZ just posted this story as "breaking news"
on their site. Idk wat to make of it...what do u guys think?

"Various members of Michael Jackson's family tell TMZ they are already talking about lawyers who might rep them in a wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray and others ... but Jackson's death may prove to be such an economic bonanza that it could torpedo a lawsuit. In California, Jackson's immediate family could sue for the economic loss they have suffered by Jackson's death -- e.g., the financial support Jackson could have provided had he lived. Here's the problem -- Jackson's death may actually be an economic gain. It's already becoming clear Michael Jackson is more profitable in death than he was in the last years of his life. Therefore, even if lawyers proved Dr. Murray and others were responsible for Jackson's death ... they could still come up with goose eggs. The family could also recover for non-economic damages such as loss of companionship and love. The problem -- in California, if the lawsuit is based on malpractice against a medical provider, these damages would be limited to $250,000 total. The final possibility -- if the family could prove the defendants acted with malice, they could get punitive damages. "Malice" includes proof of "despicable conduct." The family could also win punitive damages if the defendant is convicted of felony homicide. But in California, punitive damages have to bear some relationship to damages for economic or non-economic losses. Typically punitives are limited to nine times those damages. It ain't as easy as it seems."
WanaBstartnSthn
WanaBstartnSthn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 645
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04
Leeftijd : 35

Back to top Go down

TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit" Empty Re: TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit"

Post by nlb Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:16 am

IMO, this is just setting the stage for the Jacksons. With this story being put out how it might not be profitable for them to pursue, then the Jacksons are off the hook as to why they didn't file the claim.

On a separate note-didn't someone raise the question as to why we haven't heard anything about Murray? TMZ delivered a story with Murrays name in it. TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit" Icon_wink
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit" Empty Re: TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit"

Post by WanaBstartnSthn Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:33 am

Lol yea that was me! Tmz mentioned him in a recent story? I'm bout to go search for it. They are getting too ridiculous now!
WanaBstartnSthn
WanaBstartnSthn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 645
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04
Leeftijd : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:42 am

Oh sorry, I meant this story, that Murray is mentioned in.

[quote]Various members of Michael Jackson's family tell
TMZ they are already talking about lawyers who might rep them in a
wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray[/quote]
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by ballongiraf Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:11 am

ok, this makes me sick. Who cares how profitable it will be?! I thought the most important thing would be to bring justice to their son/father/brother/uncle... and not about what's most profitable?
But again; we're dealing with a family, who taped the funeral with the purpose of selling it, so....
Rolling Eyes
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthAngel90 Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:35 am

ballongiraf wrote:ok, this makes me sick. Who cares how profitable it will be?! I thought the most important thing would be to bring justice to their son/father/brother/uncle... and not about what's most profitable?
But again; we're dealing with a family, who taped the funeral with the purpose of selling it, so....
TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit" Icon_rolleyes

Ditto all the way .... !!!!
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 34

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Post by dirty_diana Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 am

Okay, if Michael is alive, then it's genius for them to go with this direction. It throws the media off in thinking that there will not be an arrest and gives them something to go frantic about. It also gives reason for Murray to not be arrested (considering that he didn't do anything wrong since Mike's still ALIVE). I think Michael would care very much to whether or not he was doing wrong to an innocent.

This just secures the fact that no harm would befall someone who isn't in fact guilty of murdering someone who's still alive and kicking. Well, unless Murray's guilty of murdering Michael Joseph Jackson and not Michael Joe Jackson. (There are so many angles to this whole whether Murray's guilty or not story, I'm getting a headache).

But... if Michael has passed on and this is still the direction the family is going... Then, they are absolutely heartless. What about JUSTICE, people???? If they say it isn't as easy as it seems, then I'd damn well like a play by play explanation because this just seems wrong (that is, IF Mike is really dead).
dirty_diana
dirty_diana
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 68
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Give.In.To.Me Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:58 pm

nlb wrote:IMO, this is just setting the stage for the Jacksons. With this story being put out how it might not be profitable for them to pursue, then the Jacksons are off the hook as to why they didn't file the claim.

On a separate note-didn't someone raise the question as to why we haven't heard anything about Murray? TMZ delivered a story with Murrays name in it. TMZ: "Problems With Wrongful Death Lawsuit" Icon_wink

I totally agree with your post. Nobody needs to file a lawsuit because MJ is alive and this is the best way to prevent it.
Give.In.To.Me
Give.In.To.Me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 422
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01
Leeftijd : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Oh My! The good ole' Jackson family always ready with the next move. Check mate! Keep the Faith!
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down