Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neighbors say ‘NEVER-NEVER’ To Neverland Theme Park Plan

+6
dunno_it
marsheliamorgan
EarthAngel90
mjssoulmate
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
nlb
10 posters

Go down

Neighbors say ‘NEVER-NEVER’ To Neverland Theme Park Plan Empty Neighbors say ‘NEVER-NEVER’ To Neverland Theme Park Plan

Post by nlb Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:46 pm

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/09/neighbors-say-%E2%80%98never-never%E2%80%99-neverland-theme-park-plan
Posted on Sep 10, 2009 @ 10:40AM

Neverland residents have blasted a report that Michael Jackson’s family and the owners of famous ranch have agreed to turn it into a Graceland-like amusement park.
Bob Field co-creator of the Never! Protest group exclusively told RadarOnline.com that the neighbors would ‘fight tooth and nail’ to stop the project which aims to ‘cash-in’ on the tragic star. Private equity firm Colony Capital - who own the famous 2,676 acres estate – have agreed on trademark names with the family and would like to open it up to the public by Christmas. The developers went to the US Patent and Trademark Office on August 12 to lodge several names.
It is tentatively being named under Sycamore Valley Ranch LLC -which it was known as before ‘The King Of Pop’ bought the secluded estate near Santa Barbara in California. Jermaine Jackson is reportedly working with Colony Capital and is very eager to get Neverland opened-up as a tribute to his late brother.
But activist and local resident Bob Field has blasted any such move
claiming that 90 per cent of the local residents are against turning it
into a tourist attraction. He told RadarOnline.com: “It is fantasy to think that Neverland will be opened-up to the public by Christmas that is just impossible. They
would have to go through the local authorities to obtain a permit and
an environmental impact report and all of these things would take
years.” Field added: “The irony is that none of the local residents had
anything against Michael Jackson, in fact we liked having him here, but
he bought Neverland because it was so remote and secluded. The infrastructure
is just not in place to cope with masses of people that this sort of
tribute would attract and it would be better placed in Las Vegas or Los
Angeles.” The local residents had two meetings with Colony Capital in mid-July
and Tom Barack from the company gave no sense that he was in a hurry to
do any such development.

“The local councilor for Los Olivos Doreen Farr is also against any
such project and it will be really difficult for them to make this
happen. “The reality is that it’s 5 miles to the nearest gas station or bathroom from Neverland and the rural roads could not cope with masses of traffic.
“If Colony Capital believe that Neverland is going to be open to the public by Christmas time they are totally delusional.” Jackson lived at Neverland for almost two decades but after he was cleared of child molestation charges in 2005 he vowed never to return. His brother Jermaine wanted him to be buried on the estate but he was over-ruled by the rest of the family and he was recently interred
at the Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale instead. Local residents opposing the development of Neverland into a theme park have created their own website at Nevereverland.org. Colony Capital have no comment, however, a source tells RadarOnline, “No decision has been made on the plans for the property.”
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Neighbors say ‘NEVER-NEVER’ To Neverland Theme Park Plan Empty Re: Neighbors say ‘NEVER-NEVER’ To Neverland Theme Park Plan

Post by MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Follow the link from Nevereverland.org -- "Never!" ouch...

(BTW: neverland.org leads you to http://michaeljacksonlive.com/memory.php)
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 621
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Neighbors say ‘NEVER-NEVER’ To Neverland Theme Park Plan Empty Re: Neighbors say ‘NEVER-NEVER’ To Neverland Theme Park Plan

Post by mjssoulmate Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Jermaine just can't get enough, can he?
mjssoulmate
mjssoulmate
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1043
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthAngel90 Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Wow .. Jermaine ... Money Hungry Much?
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 34

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Post by marsheliamorgan Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:14 pm

and if we remeber correctly,it sure didnt take jermaine long to come to this decision to want to open neverland as like graceland,i dont believe michael was "dead" 48 hours before he (jermaine)came up with this idea,hhmmmmm,wouldnt an idea like that take a few days if you had just lost your brother,would your mind REALLY be on taking on a major project like this BEFORE you had even laid the man to rest?sounds like this was discussed and possibly part of plan to keep income coming in while someone was "gone" as in to see how many fans would come,get involved,etc. just doesnt sound quite right,i dont agree with everything that the family has done,but,i do think this one sounds awfully cold considering it wasnt brought up RECENTLY,it was brought up rather quickly after the "death" i could be wrong,but,sounds strange to me.
marsheliamorgan
marsheliamorgan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 612
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Im with the neighboors, I dont want Neverland turned into some kind of Graceland. NOWAY!!! The thought of people walking around all over the place, throwing garbage on the ground, and climbing Michaels giving tree... OH MY GOD, no, I dont want that to happen. Sad
Its gonna break my heart if that ever happens, that is for sure

Back to top Go down

Post by dunno_it Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Someone, please STOP THE JACKSONS!!! When will they realize it is Michael, who IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE KING??
I am so pissed off now! A little bit of modesty, really!
dunno_it
dunno_it
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 262
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:52 pm

NO theme park! Where is the petition? I'll sign it.

I've seen pictures of Graceland and they made me cringe. While visiting Memphis, friends offered to get tickets for a tour. I passed on that offer.
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by emanviam Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Ugh...I don't want that to happen neither....everyone going up on HIS tree?

Oh, hell no...
emanviam
emanviam
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 512
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 49

http://www.twitter.com/emanviam

Back to top Go down

Post by hungry Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:08 pm

No. Just no.
hungry
hungry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 635
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Cat Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 pm

What the hell is Jermaine doing!?! I'm pretty SURE Michael wouldn't want this Neighbors say ‘NEVER-NEVER’ To Neverland Theme Park Plan Icon_mad
Jade Cat
Jade Cat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 36
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down