Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RollingStone.com Recap of Michael Jackson Burial

+6
Lorrie
nlb
annieisnotokey
EarthAngel90
Rach
GirlSaturday
10 posters

Go down

RollingStone.com Recap of  Michael Jackson Burial Empty RollingStone.com Recap of Michael Jackson Burial

Post by GirlSaturday Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Michael Jackson Finally Laid to Rest at Private Ceremony in L.A.

9/4/09, 9:02 am EST
RollingStone.com Recap of  Michael Jackson Burial 29990426-29990427-slargePhoto: Harrison Funk/ The Jackson Family via Getty

RollingStone.com Recap of  Michael Jackson Burial 28879575Seventy days after the death of Michael Jackson, the King of Pop was finally laid to rest last night, September 3rd, with a private ceremony Glendale, California’s Forest Lawn Cemetery. About 200 close friends and family members attended the evening funeral, which concluded with Jackson being entombed in Forest Lawn’s Great Mausoleum, the final resting place of Walt Disney, Clark Gable and other legendary talents.

Elizabeth Taylor, Berry Gordy, Quincy Jones, Jackson’s ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley and Macaulay Culkin attended the ceremony, along with Mila Kunis, This Is It director Kenny Ortega, Teddy Riley, Chris Tucker, Corey Feldman and Miko Brando. According to a statement from the Jackson family, Michael’s five brothers Tito, Jermaine, Randy, Marlon and Jackie all served as pallbearers.

Michael’s three children Prince Michael, Paris Michael and Prince Michael II placed a crown atop Jackson’s casket to signify his status as the King of Pop. The Jackson family had provided a live video feed to media prior to the ceremony when guests began arriving at the cemetery, however the feed ceased transmission the moment the Jackson brothers went to take Michael’s gold-plated casket out of the hearse.

After Pastor Lucius Smith read the opening prayer and a portion of Ecclesiastes 3:7, Gladys Knight sang the gospel hymn “His Eye Is on the Sparrow.” Songwriter Clifton Davis next sang the Jackson 5 tune he wrote for the group, “Never Can Say Goodbye.” Speakers then began to take the podium to pay tribute to the singer, including the Rev. Al Sharpton, Michael’s father Joe Jackson and other close friends and family members.
According to the New York Times, the media that congregated outside Forest Lawn outnumbered the number of fans, though one group of fans held a large white banner that read “Gone too soon.” Following the ceremony, according to the ceremony’s nine-page engraved invitation, family and friends of Jackson were encouraged to drive to an Italian restaurant in Pasadena, California, for “a time of celebration.”
The first page of the invitation also featured a quote from Michael’s 1992 book of essays and poems Dancing the Dream, “If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.”
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

RollingStone.com Recap of  Michael Jackson Burial Empty Re: RollingStone.com Recap of Michael Jackson Burial

Post by Rach Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Seeing 70 days in print like that sent a shiver down my spine.

I can't believe it has been that long Sad
Rach
Rach

Aantal berichten : 3057
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

RollingStone.com Recap of  Michael Jackson Burial Empty Re: RollingStone.com Recap of Michael Jackson Burial

Post by EarthAngel90 Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:24 pm

70 days .... Time Fly Fast ..... and They now waited that long to "Bury" him ..... I am leaving my real feelings out of this .... for sake not disrespecting Michael in anyway ....
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 34

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:31 pm

GirlSaturday wrote:
Michael’s three children Prince Michael, Paris Michael and Prince Michael II placed a crown atop Jackson’s casket to signify his status as the King of Pop. The Jackson family had provided a live video feed to media prior to the ceremony when guests began arriving at the cemetery, however the feed ceased transmission the moment the Jackson brothers went to take Michael’s gold-plated casket out of the hearse.

Don't you think that the children placing a crown on the casket is very telling? I think it symbolizes the death of the King of Pop, but not the death of their father. Otherwise, they would have placed something more personal on the casket.
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:40 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:

Don't you think that the children placing a crown on the casket is very telling? I think it symbolizes the death of the King of Pop, but not the death of their father. Otherwise, they would have placed something more personal on the casket.

I agree Annie. In terms of performing and being the King of Pop, that is not the image the kid saw, he was just Daddy. He hadn't really performed in quite awhile. His life has been more about the kids than anything else, as it should be.

Last edited by nlb on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Yep. During the Memorial there was some sort personal jewelry that Paris placed with Michael. I think that it was a locket.
annieisnotokey wrote:
GirlSaturday wrote:

GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorrie Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Wait a minute. Didn't they forget the part about the open casket and the children placing "Dear Daddy" letters inside, next to Michael's ten weeks-dead body? I wonder why Rolling Stone (and every other published summary thus far) left out THAT heartwrenching, unforgettable, and utterly gruesome part.

Could it be the general public was lied to AGAIN, although most people seem not to notice AGAIN? What would shock me is if ANYthing reported about Michael and the events of June 25 turns out to be true.

nlb wrote:That;s not something really associated with the kids.
Something else not associated with the children is the Bad-era photos the Jacksons insist on using for all of these events. Michael looked perfectly fine in the 2000s (and damn fine, if you ask me), so why not include some photos that reflect the image of their father that the children are familiar with? Just one more reason for Blanket to always look so confused.
Lorrie
Lorrie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 328
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MJfan777 Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:03 pm

70 days since my health is going to.... :p
MJfan777
MJfan777
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 316
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Human_nature Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:19 pm

"Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day."

Last edited by Human_nature on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Human_nature
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Human_nature Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:20 pm

"Wherever. Whatever. Have a nice day."

Last edited by Human_nature on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Human_nature
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Velvet Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Ecclesiastes 3:7 (Living Bible Translation)

Begins from verse 1 with, "There is a right time for everything ..

verse 7:

... A time to tear, and a time to repair;

A time to be quiet;

A time to speak up"
Red Velvet
Red Velvet
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 322
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainJaneway Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:58 am

Maybe the photos from the last couple of years weren't really Michael? i know it sounds crazy but those photos from the bad era were really Mike?

Maybe that is why they used them? Though i think it is more plausible with the Liberian photos and him directing everything behind the scenes.
CaptainJaneway
CaptainJaneway
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 183
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

http://michaeljacksonisalive.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down