Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music)

+3
hungry
Rach
applesaucers
7 posters

Go down

Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Empty Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music)

Post by applesaucers Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Michael Jackson died three months ago today and all we know for certain is that tickets
for his posthumous film, "This Is It," go on sale this weekend.
Everything else is a mystery: the circumstances surrounding his death,
why it took so long to bury him, and whether or not anyone will show up
to play for Jermaine's crazy tribute concert. Maybe the Jackson
brothers' reality show will provide some clues.

It's only fitting that the King of Pop's afterlife is filled much as much mystery
as his real-world one. Jackson was a master of secrecy - the ultimate
pop magician. He named his album "Thriller" for a reason. Nothing
causes excitement more than the unexpected and Jackson loved the unexpected.

Mysteries, scams, and hoaxes provide all the right ingredients for a great
thriller. And a concert film for a concert that never happened? The
biggest scam magic trick of all, perhaps. Or maybe
the King of Pop will be watching from the back row. He and Elvis eating
popcorn and peanut butter/banana sandwiches.

As you get in line for your tickets this weekend, I want to reprise my list of great
musical hoaxes. All of these artists and/or fans swore, "this is it" to
these stories once upon a time.

Rock and pop and pop are built on mystery. And a good scam.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/getback/144833/is-this-is-it-one-of-the-great-musical-scams

As expected, the comments below regarding the article are ignorant. Lets ignore that and focus on the article... Someone caught on, yes? Thoughts?
applesaucers
applesaucers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 66
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Empty Re: Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music)

Post by Rach Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 pm

I saw this yesterday and I think it holds some substance.

Music sells better when there is drama behind it. I mean look at how much Michael's record sales went through the roof after the "death".

I don't think TII is a scam as much as a mystery. By holding their cards close to their chest, AEG and Sony are creating hype and anticipation which will make people want to buy a ticket.

Just my two cents Smile
Rach
Rach

Aantal berichten : 3057
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Empty Re: Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music)

Post by hungry Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 pm

I saw this yesterday as well, and I'm glad to see that we're not just a paranoid bunch of crazy fans. Very Happy
hungry
hungry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 635
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Velvet Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Rach wrote:I saw this yesterday and I think it holds some substance.

Music sells better when there is drama behind it. I mean look at how much Michael's record sales went through the roof after the "death".

I don't think TII is a scam as much as a mystery. By holding their cards close to their chest, AEG and Sony are creating hype and anticipation which will make people want to buy a ticket.

Just my two cents Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Icon_smile

I think that comment is worth a whole lot more than 2 cents my dear Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Icon_biggrin

AEG is owned by a man who is a master at pulling in millions and turning them into billions and each of his businesses thrives on the others of his businesses.

He owns every aspect of MJ's project thus far, The Staple Center where rehearsals took place, The Staple Center where the memorial took place, The London '02 Arena where tickets sold out, the Regal Movie Theater chain, the largest in the U.S. and every person doing business today knows the fastest form of advertising is the internet, maybe second only to the television during Prime Time, where that full trailer debuted. He even owned the home MJ was living in!

No, I don't think its a whim of a thought at all. Fans need to be very mindful of this, no matter how "exciting" it all may seem.

They have done a great job of hyping this movie. I wouldn't want fans to be "let down" or "used" for that matter.

When we go to see it, we should contact any fans we know to give them all the reasons they should not if in any way it is a let down.

That's one place we can start in helping MJ defend himself against these scoundrels because as pointed out on another forum, we are AEG's primary market for this film.

There is no way of knowing the infinite numbers of way AEG and Sony may be partnered together. I feel 100% sure there is a partnership.

Last edited by Red Velvet on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Velvet
Red Velvet
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 322
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Velvet Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:15 pm

hungry wrote:I saw this yesterday as well, and I'm glad to see that we're not just a paranoid bunch of crazy fans. Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Icon_biggrin

Please tell us where you all saw this if you can recall.
Red Velvet
Red Velvet
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 322
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by WanaBstartnSthn Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:22 pm

It's so weird how they made sure to use the word "hoax" in the article...
WanaBstartnSthn
WanaBstartnSthn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 645
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04
Leeftijd : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Red Velvet wrote:I think that comment is worth a whole lot more than 2 cents my dear Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Icon_biggrin

AEG is owned by a man who is a master at pulling in millions and turning them into billions and each of his businesses thrives on the others of his businesses.

He owns every aspect of MJ's project thus far, The Staple Center where rehearsals took place, The Staple Center where the memorial took place, The London '02 Arena where tickets sold out, the Regal Movie Theater chain, the largest in the U.S. and every person doing business today knows the fastest form of advertising is the internet, maybe second only to the television during Prime Time, where that full trailer debuted. He even owned the home MJ was living in!

No, I don't think its a whim of a thought at all. Fans need to be very mindful of this, no matter how "exciting" it all may seem.

They have done a great job of hyping this movie. I wouldn't want fans to be "let down" or "used" for that matter.

When we go to see it, we should contact any fans we know to give them all the reasons they should not if in any way it is a let down.

That's one place we can start in helping MJ defend himself against these scoundrels because as pointed out on another forum, we are AEG's primary market for this film.

There is no way of knowing the infinite numbers of way AEG and Sony may be partnered together. I feel 100% sure there is a partnership.

I agree with you 100% and as I am going to see this movie the day it comes out I will be posting my thoughts on it as soon as I get home. I don't want other fans to feel expolited by this. However, I am aware that I may be so I am willing to take that risk Smile

I am almost postive there is a thread somewhere where I listed how Song and AEG were linked. I will try and find it and post for you to look at!
Rach
Rach

Aantal berichten : 3057
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm

I noticed usage of the "H" word as well. It was done in such a mocking way too. That along with the link about mysteries/hoxes caught my attention.

I am trying to keep my Libra scales balanced regarding the movie. I don't want to expect a 10 and only receive 6 1/2. My antennae went up when I first learned that there was to be advance sales only. Why do that? If the movie is a big hit then they get revenues early. If the movie is a letdown, they keep the early revenues since there is a no refund policy.

LOL it is a Win:Win situation for them.

luvmjalways wrote:It's so weird how they made sure to use the word "hoax" in the article...
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by bibi Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:57 pm

oh my goodness!! i have 3 minutes left!!! i am dying of excitement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Icon_cheers Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Icon_cheers Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Icon_cheers Is "This Is It" One of the Great Musical Scams? (Yahoo! Music) Icon_cheers
bibi
bibi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 263
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down