Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please share!

+10
EarthAngel90
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
NikkiKat22
yaya
SmoothCriminal
Banessa
clover
phoenix
~~Kristy~~
Rach
14 posters

Go down

Please share! Empty Please share!

Post by Rach Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Ok so I am interested in knowing when people became interested in Michael and what their earliest memory of him is.

I remember when I was 10 my cousin forced me to watch "Thriller". She was so obsessed with it and I watched it through my fingers the whole way through! I thought Michael was a real life zombie and it took me years to watch anything by him again!

When I was 14 I got a paper round and with my very first pay I bought the "Thriller" album. I was so happy. I remember my Mum having to ask me to turn it off because she was fed up of hearing it!

I was 17 when Michael's trial began and I remember because of the time differnce from the US to the UK, staying up late to watch the ruling. I cried so much because I knew he was innocent and wanted others to see it. I woke my whole family up and told them and we all hugged. It was truly amazing.
Rach
Rach

Aantal berichten : 3057
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Please share! Empty Re: Please share!

Post by ~~Kristy~~ Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:40 pm

I became interested in Michael when I was 3 I remember my parents would play his album's and I'd be dancing away to Michael's songs non stop I thought to myself oh yeah I love him and ever since I was 3 I became a hardcore Michael Jackson fan. I always supported him and believed in him no matter what.And I always will love Michael Forever.

Last edited by ~~Kristy~~ on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
~~Kristy~~
~~Kristy~~
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 265
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-27
Leeftijd : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:41 pm

i cant believe i couldnt stay away from forum..lol

okay...i was 6 years old and my Dad brought a video home which his best friend brought from Europe with him- at that time i lived in a country, where we coulnd get access to US music that easily...well my parents knew of course who Michael was but i didnt...so we where in the living room and i was sitting infron of TVset and my dad started the video and i know i remember i got hypnotized ...that was "Bad" video and i remember how i wanted to watch it again and again permanently saying to everyone around me: i want to marry that man one day...oh i so fall in love with him...

when i was older then i found his "Moonwalk" biography and my first CD i ever ought with my own money was Dangerous...

i remember being so jelaous watching the Dangerous tour and seing the girls who came on stage while he was performing She is out of my life"..i probably was 10...

i was too little to notice the first child molestation trial but the second one (i was 17-18) really broke my heart- i stayed all night awake and waited for "he is innocent" statement and then run to my mom, woke her up screming "Oh God, he is free"

Last edited by phoenix on Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
phoenix
phoenix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 547
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenix Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:42 pm

double post sorry
phoenix
phoenix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 547
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by clover Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:47 pm

My big sister took me to Wembley on the Bad tour in 1988, I was 9. I dont remember really knowing who he was before that but after I was sold! Just wish I'd got round to seeing him again! In my teens I became a bit of a metalhead so I didn't pay much attention to him though i would still listen to him occasionally. It was mental there were sooo many people there and it was really daunting for me but I loved it and have been to so many gigs since then. He was AMAZING!
clover
clover
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 58
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Banessa Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:50 pm

I was about 8 or 10 My aunt was in love with him! She had Posters the thriller album and off the wall she would play them constantly and I would listen and dance along with her! At the time of course I Didn't know or understood why she would love him so much! But it didn't take me long to connect and understand her admiration and love for Michael! I've loved his music and had an admiration for it since that age!

Now, I think I completely and utterly fell in love with Michael, and there has been no turning back for me, since the HIStory era! I was in High School (A teenager taking notice of how gorgeous, hot and sexy he was during that time! Wink ) and I have loved him ever since not only the artist but the human being!

So in other words I owe my aunt for having been a fan all those years a go! She passed it right a long to me! Wink
Banessa
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by SmoothCriminal Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:40 pm

The first time i fell in love with michael was when you are not alone was released i fell in love with the song and wanted to know who sang it so i asked my sister who it was and she told me it was michael jackson who sang it ever since then i started to find out more about this guy my sister would buy me his cds i fell in love with his music and him as a kind human being who wanted to make the world a better place i wanted to go to his concert in ireland but my mum was sick at the time so i didnt go Sad I will always love him till the day i die
thats my story
SmoothCriminal
SmoothCriminal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 761
Leeftijd : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:09 pm

not exactly sure how old i was...maybe around 5 or 6. my parents had the off the wall album and i LOVED the songs. as i got older i became more enthralled with everything about him. i drew pics of him (still do), cried over the "man in the mirror" song and video, loved watching the entire thriller video with my older brother (amongst all his videos), wrote him letters, etc. he's ALWAYS been my favorite...
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Leeftijd : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiKat22 Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:34 pm

I believe I was around 6. My brother was watching the video of Thriller. I had herd the song before, but never seen the video. I walked into the room, and i'm telling you, it scared the hell out of me. I couldn't watch anything else Michael related until I was 10. It took awhile to convince me it wasn't real. After that I started listening to his music alot more. the first time I herd you are not alone, I was in love. In my mind I had found the person I was going to marry. When I found out he had married LMP, I cried. I was so sad. When I watched the trial, I just remember wanting to go there to support him because I knew he was innocent. When they announced the verdict I remember screaming and crying out of happiness. He will always be my angel. I will love him forever and always.
NikkiKat22
NikkiKat22
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 839
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-09
Leeftijd : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:36 pm

<----- A long, l o n g time ago..... I love you

("Ok so I am interested in knowing when people became interested in Michael")
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 621

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthAngel90 Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:57 pm

I was 3 years old - My First Michael video was "Remember The Time" and one day , My Dad was playing this song ... off Michael's HIStory Album .... I was 6 & I fell in love w/him (Literally) ... then I was Seven when I heard "Blood on the Dance Floor" - I was smitten w/ him then I was Eleven when I heard "Butterflies" and "Heaven Can Wait"... Loved the man even more and When I was Fifteen - I was watching only His Trial (I hated every minute of it) & Praying for him the whole time and I screamed when they say he is "INNOCENT" and After the Trial - He had laid low for a While ... I though he moved to a Another Country and Never comeback then I was Seventeen - seen His Ebony Mag Photoshoot - I said " good lord - he's so damn hot & beautiful"... then I am Nineteen - hearing he is coming back said " Michael is back & looking good - Ohhhh ... ooooo " ... then I hear 3 months from March ... into June - he is Ill in the Hopsital & I Pray for Michael's Health to Get Better & Next Day - I wake up Hearing " Michael Jackson - DEAD".... I fainted hard & Been a Emotional Rollcoaster Wreck last 2 1/2 months ... then I was Researching few days after Michael's Funeral and Found MJHD then This Site MJHDBF and Never turn back .... I so glad I caught on ... I still would be mourning hard & not eat anything .... That is My History on My Interest on Mr. Jackson.
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 34

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:48 pm

I remember Michael from the very beginning of his career with the Jackson 5. I was in elementary school when they made their debut on the Ed Sullivan Show. The show aired on Sundays and I watched each week to see who would be featured among my favorite entertainers of that time. Naturally the Jackson 5's debut was THE talk of the school on the next day Monday. Now take a wild, wild, wild guess of WHO went to bed early for some unknown reason and missed that now-famous debut? Yep ...me. I felt so sad and left out. I felt like the little kid who was hearing a recap about the coolest birthday party that she had not been invited to. Kids were talking about the Jackson 5 especially Michael...like crazy. Not long after that they appeared on American Bandstand and it was love at first sight. So what if I was just 9 yrs old. He became my first crush...my first imaginary boyfriend and was destined to become my husband and father of my children. Soon after seeing him, there were posters covering my wall and music blaring from my old "close and play" record player. I bought my first 45 "I want you back" with my hard-earned allowance money and later conviced family members that birthdays/Christmas should include Jackson 5 and MJ records/albums as gifts. I became obsessed with fan magazines like 16, Spec, Tiger Beat and Right On!. There was no such thing as too much Jackson 5 and NEVER too much Michael. Concert attendance soon followed!!!!!

Since I have fantastic early MJ memories, I have been really sensitive to criticism about him in recent years. I recall telling a friend several years ago that it really breaks my heart to think of how MJ will be remembered when he dies. The latter years of trials, rumors, scandalous lies have overshadowed the pure, innocent and cheerful early years.

To the younger members of this group...there was indeed a time when MJ's face wasn't plastered all over the tabloids, there were no rumors/lies made up about him and he truly seemed like a carefree happy person. Sadly, that seems like light years ago considering what has happened.

Rachel wrote:Ok so I am interested in knowing when people became interested in Michael and what their earliest memory of him is.

I remember when I was 10 my cousin forced me to watch "Thriller". She was so obsessed with it and I watched it through my fingers the whole way through! I thought Michael was a real life zombie and it took me years to watch anything by him again!

When I was 14 I got a paper round and with my very first pay I bought the "Thriller" album. I was so happy. I remember my Mum having to ask me to turn it off because she was fed up of hearing it!

I was 17 when Michael's trial began and I remember because of the time differnce from the US to the UK, staying up late to watch the ruling. I cried so much because I knew he was innocent and wanted others to see it. I woke my whole family up and told them and we all hugged. It was truly amazing.
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by morla Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:43 pm

I had a time at the end of the 80ies when Bad was popular. I read Moonwalk and was a bit disappointed then because there weren't the information in it I perhaps would have liked to know. Then Dangerous came out - but I didn't like it that much that time. Everything was so sweet and so bombastic - for me perhaps a bit too much of "Disney Land". Just now I started to recognize that he had his sexy moments *g*. However - I lost interest and stories went too crazy.

On the other hand I dug into Gothic Scene and heard totally different music. This was all too much of mainstream and I like going to small concerts and have a talk with the musicians - there is everything very familiar and polite and no hysterical fans *g* (sorry don't want to hurt someone). Today I must say that MJ wear inj his Bad time clothing that can be found in the Gothic Scene as well with all these buckles and belts and other clothings. Very nice *g*.

His career went down and I felt rather compassion for him. Well then there were the news on 25th June and I felt something has gone what was everywhere in my childhood and teens - until now I simply can't imagine a world without MJ. In good and bad times he was somehow everywhere - a comet rose and sadly fell very deep. It's tragic.

Today I only can acknowledge his great talent as musician and dancer. Just sometimes I still have the feeling that he went over the limit just a bit too much in his performances...
morla
morla
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by IWSICS Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:51 pm

I honestly can't remember. I must have been young, really young! A baby i swear! lmao.. I'm 15 now so he was in his element when I was a babba! Smile Urm, I remember when I was about 6 I went to a halloween party and thriller was put on and I was really scared. I remember thinking that thriller was a full-blown hour long movie for some reason, maybe I just watched it too many times?! haha. But later that night I won a dance competition for dancing to thriller.. Very Happy
woooooow, i love MJ! Smile
IWSICS
IWSICS
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by endlessfire Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:23 pm

I was about two or three and watched Thriller for the first time. I started screaming and crying, my mother tried to calm me down so she could watch it.
endlessfire
endlessfire
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:35 pm

I say this with all of the love kindness and warmth that I can muster....

STOP MAKING ME FEEL SO DAMN OLD, OKAY!

If one more person comes on and references a video or song that they heard as a baby (when I was clearly an adult)...I'll send you to your room with no dessert.

Seriously though..hugs and kisses to all of my "daughters"...lol. Despite our generatonal differences ...we have something pretty cool in common, dontcha think?.
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiKat22 Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Here is a question I have for all of you. LOL (don't send me to my room GirlSaturday).But when was the first time you saw Thriller.

Me I was 6 and it scared the hell out of me. I thought they were real Zombies,lol I Couldn't watch it again until I was 10.
NikkiKat22
NikkiKat22
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 839
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-09
Leeftijd : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:24 pm

LOL...I was 23 in 1983. I thought that the video was amazing and the best short movie/video ever created. It cemented my belief that Michael was a force to be reckoned with. He had completely and thoroughly severed ties with the old Jackson 5/Jacksons persona. I had become a woman and Michael was a man...watch out!

charmed6 wrote:Here is a question I have for all of you. LOL (don't send me to my room GirlSaturday).But when was the first time you saw Thriller.

Me I was 6 and it scared the hell out of me. I thought they were real Zombies,lol I Couldn't watch it again until I was 10.
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: