Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by nlb on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:25 am

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute



Jermaine Jackson's planned Vienna, Austria tribute to his late brother Michael is beginning to look like a case of wishful thinking - Mary J. Blige has turned the show down.

Jackson announced Blige and Chris Brown would be among the headliners at a press conference on Tuesday, but both have since insisted they won't be part of the 26 September concert at the Imperial Schonbrunn Palace.Brown's spokesperson has said, "Chris is not confirmed to perform or participate in any capacity for this show," and now Blige's people have followed suit - an aide insists the Family Affair singer will be in Italy and not in Austria on the day of the tribute.Natalie Cole, Akon and Sister Sledge are also on the bill, according to Jermaine.Meanwhile, promoters are trying to play down reports that the King of Pop's brother is staging the Vienna show against his mother Katherine's wishes.Event organiser George Kindel says, "She will be there with Michael Jackson' s kids."
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090909/ten-blige-says-no-to-jackson-s-vienna-tr-c60bd6d.html
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : PA, USA

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:29 am

lol! And Jermaine announced yesterday that Blige was "a confirmed act"...

this is getting funnier by the minute.
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Smelly on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 am

Hmmmmm.... I wonder who's next to drop out?
Smelly
Smelly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 665
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : UK, London

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by nlb on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:40 am

I don't know..Chris Brown hasn't confirmed either. This is crazy, what is Jermaine thinking or doing? Is he just randomly naing people he hopes will agree to do it? He is making this tribute into a joke and if I recall tickets are like in the hundreds of dollars. Who the hell is going to pay that to listen to Jermaine for a few hours?
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : PA, USA

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:44 am

if the claim that they've sold half the tickets already is true, then he's in some big trouble. The show is what.. 2 weeks away? If he cant bring performers SOON, this whole thing will need to be cancelled....
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Smelly on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:47 am

The tickets are non-refundable right?
Smelly
Smelly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 665
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : UK, London

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:50 am

Smelly wrote:The tickets are non-refundable right?

if my memory serves me right, then yes.
For Jermaine's sake, i hope the concert won't get cancelled. Can you imagine the outlash of hate against him? (and the family)? Perhaps this is why the family is so busy distancing themselves from the event?
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by nlb on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:53 am

That very well could be why the family doesn't want anything to do with this. Let it all fall on Jermaine since he has been the one running his mouth about it. Seems like everytime he claims someone is on board they back out...didn't it start with Shawn King backing out?
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : PA, USA

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Smelly on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:54 am

I feel kinda sorry for Jermaine if the tribute gets cancelled even though he brought it on himself.

I think your right Ballon and nlb about the backlash and his family.
Smelly
Smelly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 665
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : UK, London

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:55 am

nlb wrote:That very well could be why the family doesn't want anything to do with this. Let it all fall on Jermaine since he has been the one running his mouth about it. Seems like everytime he claims someone is on board they back out...didn't it start with Shawn King backing out?


yeah, and madonna and whitney houston.
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by J.J_loves_MJ on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:58 am

nlb wrote:Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute



Jermaine Jackson's planned Vienna, Austria tribute to his late brother Michael is beginning to look like a case of wishful thinking - Mary J. Blige has turned the show down.

Jackson announced Blige and Chris Brown would be among the headliners at a press conference on Tuesday, but both have since insisted they won't be part of the 26 September concert at the Imperial Schonbrunn Palace.Brown's spokesperson has said, "Chris is not confirmed to perform or participate in any capacity for this show," and now Blige's people have followed suit - an aide insists the Family Affair singer will be in Italy and not in Austria on the day of the tribute.Natalie Cole, Akon and Sister Sledge are also on the bill, according to Jermaine.Meanwhile, promoters are trying to play down reports that the King of Pop's brother is staging the Vienna show against his mother Katherine's wishes.Event organiser George Kindel says, "She will be there with Michael Jackson' s kids."
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090909/ten-blige-says-no-to-jackson-s-vienna-tr-c60bd6d.html

In Chris Brown case its quite understandable but Mary J? Also I read that Ktherine said to Jermaine that show must NOT go on. I wonder why she fears. IMO, Jermaine cannot make the show by himself. It would be too LAME.
J.J_loves_MJ
J.J_loves_MJ
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 143
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 33
Woonplaats : Michael's Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:00 am

Smelly wrote:I feel kinda sorry for Jermaine if the tribute gets cancelled even though he brought it on himself.

I think your right Ballon and nlb about the backlash and his family.

i dont. He's been in the entertainment industry long enough to know that you dont start selling tickets to a show BEFORE you've secured confirmation from the participating artists.


Last edited by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by nlb on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:03 am

Well I hope something happens to pull this off. While Jermaine may have it coming, this is still suppose to be a tribute in Michael's name and right now it looks like a joke Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_sad .

Crazy thought here, could this be Jermaine's way of making it so this doesn't happen? That way there is no backlash for a tribute concert if/when Michael returns? IDK, just thinking-mind you I have yet to sleep. Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Lol
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : PA, USA

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:08 am

nlb wrote:Well I hope something happens to pull this off. While Jermaine may have it coming, this is still suppose to be a tribute in Michael's name and right now it looks like a joke Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_sad .

yeah, that is the purpose of it, but ever since the tribute was announced, Jermaine has been sure to make this all about him. As some have said, it's not a MJ tribute, it's the Jermaine show....
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by EarthAngel90 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:10 am

That is Ironic But the Best News I have heard in a long while ... is that wrong to say that ?!?!
EarthAngel90
EarthAngel90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2270
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-29
Leeftijd : 29
Woonplaats : Fort Worth , TX - USA

https://www.youtube.com/YellowTexasRose90

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Smelly on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:12 am

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Lol Earthangel
Smelly
Smelly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 665
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : UK, London

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJSmile4Us on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:16 am

nlb wrote:
Crazy thought here, could this be Jermaine's way of making it so this doesn't happen? That way there is no backlash for a tribute concert if/when Michael returns? IDK, just thinking-mind you I have yet to sleep. Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Lol


but isn't Jermaine already in trouble as some tickets have been sold already (if it is true or just a hearsay that he made up to get the sales going), unless he is ready to give refunds? but it has already bee pointe out that those tickets are non-refundable...
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by nlb on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 am

MJSmile4Us wrote:
nlb wrote:
Crazy thought here, could this be Jermaine's way of making it so this doesn't happen? That way there is no backlash for a tribute concert if/when Michael returns? IDK, just thinking-mind you I have yet to sleep. Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Lol


but isn't Jermaine already in trouble as some tickets have been sold already (if it is true or just a hearsay that he made up to get the sales going), unless he is ready to give refunds? but it has already bee pointe out that those tickets are non-refundable...

True-if the tickets are non-refundable then there will be backlash. At this point I don't what is true or not concerning this or anyhitng Jermaine has said concerning this. I do believe that I read that tickets were sold already. At one point I read 1 billion ppl were expected to watch this tribute. Well if that the case then Jermaine better get his but in gear and save this trainwreck!
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : PA, USA

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Smelly on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:30 am

They are non-refundable, I found it on the tribute website

http://tribute2009.com/Tickets.asp

All ticket purchasers hereby acknowledge and agree that all artists who
will perform at THE TRIBUTE will be announced as described above.
Jermaine Jackson and the producers will make every attempt to present
some of the world’s leading artists, however there is no right or legal
claim whatsoever that certain artists will perform at THE TRIBUTE. All
ticket sales are final. Any refund or discount due to the performance
or non-performance of a specific artist is hereby explicitly excluded.

To minimize the risk of unauthorized ticket sales, tickets will be
buffered, and made available in stages. Terms and Conditions of
OeTicket apply.
Smelly
Smelly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 665
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : UK, London

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJSmile4Us on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:31 am

nlb wrote:
MJSmile4Us wrote:
nlb wrote:
Crazy thought here, could this be Jermaine's way of making it so this doesn't happen? That way there is no backlash for a tribute concert if/when Michael returns? IDK, just thinking-mind you I have yet to sleep. Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Lol


but isn't Jermaine already in trouble as some tickets have been sold already (if it is true or just a hearsay that he made up to get the sales going), unless he is ready to give refunds? but it has already bee pointe out that those tickets are non-refundable...

True-if the tickets are non-refundable then there will be backlash. At this point I don't what is true or not concerning this or anyhitng Jermaine has said concerning this. I do believe that I read that tickets were sold already. At one point I read 1 billion ppl were expected to watch this tribute. Well if that the case then Jermaine better get his but in gear and save this trainwreck!

ALL of the tickets were sold?? Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_eek but I did hear about that the tribute concert is going to be televised around the world..and I couldn't agree with u more about the urgency of drastic actions by Jermaine if this concert is to happen at all Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Kopfschuettel to be honest, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now..and I am not even sure and somehow highly doubtful about the report that Katherine gave her approval and will be attending it with Michael's children Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_sad
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJSmile4Us on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:34 am

@ Smelly:

thank u 4 the link Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_smile and this makes me wonder if this concert was ever going to happen from the start? what if this was yet again a scheme of Jermaine's to make quick big bucks using his brother's name???? and the reason that all of these artists are backing out may be bcoz they wanted to help Michael but it became too much to give a blind eye at the way Jermaine was taking advantage of them adn so decided to boycott Jermaine??
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by nlb on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:40 am

Jermaine Jackson and the producers will make every attempt to present
some of the world’s leading artists, however there is no right or legal
claim whatsoever that certain artists will perform at THE TRIBUTE.
All
ticket sales are final. Any refund or discount due to the performance
or non-performance of a specific artist is hereby explicitly excluded.

Looks like Jermaine was already covering his butt with the aove disclaimer.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : PA, USA

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 am

^ yet he felt it was ok to go ahead and start selling $800 tickets?

Rolling Eyes
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Smelly on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:45 am

MJSmile4Us wrote:@ Smelly:

thank u 4 the link Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_smile and this makes me wonder if this concert was ever going to happen from the start? what if this was yet again a scheme of Jermaine's to make quick big bucks using his brother's name???? and the reason that all of these artists are backing out may be bcoz they wanted to help Michael but it became too much to give a blind eye at the way Jermaine was taking advantage of them adn so decided to boycott Jermaine??

That's ok Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_biggrin

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case seeing as Jermaine has been trying to stay in the media ever since Michael's 'death'.
Smelly
Smelly
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 665
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Woonplaats : UK, London

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJSmile4Us on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:45 am

@ nlb:

thank u for pointing that out Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_biggrin I really feel disgusted at the way Jermaine is behaving - he's not only selling out and exploiting his brother but he is also a conmaan!! boy, it's getting better and better! ! Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_mad
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by nlb on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:49 am

MJSmile4Us wrote:@ nlb:

thank u for pointing that out Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_biggrin I really feel disgusted at the way Jermaine is behaving - he's not only selling out and exploiting his brother but he is also a conmaan!! boy, it's getting better and better! ! Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_mad

I really can't figure out what Jermaine is trying to accomplish, because IMO it just looks like he is trying to cash in on Michael's name as much as possible.

I know he is Michael's brother and he loves him, but I must say that Jermaine is fast becoming my least fav Jackson. He's making Joe look good!
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : PA, USA

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Sweet1 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:51 am

I was watching E- News yesterdy and Chris Brown didn't confirm and wasn't going to according to his publicist. Mary Blidge was supposed to be there and now she's backing out. Now, I know everyone in the Entertainment Industry loved and admired MJ for his contributions to the Industry. Seriously, there has to be more than meets the eye to this Tribute Concert. It's something bigger than we can imagine. These are high profile Entertainers here. The people around them are saying, they smell something fishy and not to take part in it. Very bizzaire even if Jermaine is chairing the project! Keep the Faith!
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by CantStopLovingU on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 am

Yeah I heard that Chris brown said he WAS NOT going to be there
CantStopLovingU
CantStopLovingU
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 755
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJSmile4Us on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:00 am

nlb wrote:
MJSmile4Us wrote:@ nlb:

thank u for pointing that out Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_biggrin I really feel disgusted at the way Jermaine is behaving - he's not only selling out and exploiting his brother but he is also a conmaan!! boy, it's getting better and better! ! Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_mad

I really can't figure out what Jermaine is trying to accomplish, because IMO it just looks like he is trying to cash in on Michael's name as much as possible.

I know he is Michael's brother and he loves him, but I must say that Jermaine is fast becoming my least fav Jackson. He's making Joe look good!


I couldn't agree with u more - ever since June 25th, I've been seeing his face almost 24/7 Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_mad to be honest I am sick of seeing him and hearing him talk this and that about Michael.. I was so naive, I must admit, to believe his 'I wish it was me' garbage talk..if I knew whatn I know now about him, I wouldn't have given a second thought about his sincerity of that statement..

and plz forgive me if I sound too harsh, but I wonder just how much Jermaine loves Michael?? if he loved Michael and was his backbone, then how can he do this?? his also my least fav. Jackson and lol u r absolutely right - Joe is a 'saint' compared to Jermaine...
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 am

CantStopLovingU wrote:Yeah I heard that Chris brown said he WAS NOT going to be there

yeah, isnt he busy doing community service?
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by dontmakeitfactual on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:09 am

Well, this turn of events doesn't surprise me at all. I was kind of expecting it...I think Jermaine's mistake has been to believe that anything bearing his brother's name is a guaranteed success. Well, if it's a concert we're talking about, it'sclear what MJ fans want...we want him! We don't want anyone else butchering his songs. I'm inclined to think that his cryptic message yesterday (Michael will be there, or whatever words he chose) was purposely directed towards boosting tickets sales. Same goes for Katherine's statement a few weeks back prising the tribute, he probably asked her for help (since fans love Katherine but are not so sympathetic towards Jermaine) With all this in mind, I really doubt many tickets have been sold, and it looks like not many will be, considering all that is happening now. Ticket's pricing surprised me, I mean, is Jermaine really that naive to think that people are willing to pay that much? I don't go to many concerts, but hey, I paid 75 GBP for a very good seat to see Michael Jackson. I think he attempted to sell this as a huge thing, (billions of people watching, etc.) but people won't take the bait, I feel.
dontmakeitfactual
dontmakeitfactual
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 177
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by ballongiraf on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:14 am

if i have to pay $800 for a ticket, i'd expect so much more than akon, chris brown and sister sledge!
Heck, i bought a section A1 ticket for the TII concerts (almost front row) and it cost me less than a "jermaine ticket" costs.
ballongiraf
ballongiraf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 774
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 39
Woonplaats : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by nlb on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:19 am

I agree Balloon that is way to much to pay for a ticket for the line up that is being presented or in this case not presented. Not to mention the cost of traveling and everything else.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : PA, USA

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJSmile4Us on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:23 am

it may sound like a cliche, but I feel that this was a disaster that was waiting to happen Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_mad at least AEG gave refunds to those who bought the tickets b4 June 25th (although they started with that ploy to make the fans to keep the tickets as a memorabilia of Michael).. Jermain is so close to losing his family if he has not already that is Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_mad
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by justafan on Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:40 am

nlb wrote:I don't know..Chris Brown hasn't confirmed either. This is crazy, what is Jermaine thinking or doing? Is he just randomly naing people he hopes will agree to do it? He is making this tribute into a joke and if I recall tickets are like in the hundreds of dollars. Who the hell is going to pay that to listen to Jermaine for a few hours?


This is too funny.
But it will take place. It will not be that hard to gather together the most famous European stars for that event which would make more sense for a tribute held in Europe anyway.
justafan
justafan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 37
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by yaya on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:29 am

this is hilarious! on the vienna tribute website, it says guests are announced as they are confirmed, which we obviously know is not true now. we might as well assume that the only performer who will be there is jermaine Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_razz
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 36
Woonplaats : Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by kdkennedy74 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 am

I guess in this case when we are discussing a conman it is safe to say....like father like son!!!!!

Damn Jermaine acts more like Joe every day!
kdkennedy74
kdkennedy74
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 836
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 45

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 am

I am thinkin' this concert is/was fake and noone was ever really invited.. within days of Jermaine announcing, Mrs King backed down due to scheduling conflicts?!?! she was just on live tv stating how wonderful it was going to be in regards to Michael's tribute and how Jermaine and her were in the studio laying down tracks.. then he said, some of those tracks disappeared or got erased and they both laughed and said, it could have been Michael.. he was always a prankster! Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_cyclops

all very strange! Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_scratch Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_eek
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by jpresley on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:20 am

ballongiraf wrote:
CantStopLovingU wrote:Yeah I heard that Chris brown said he WAS NOT going to be there

yeah, isnt he busy doing community service?

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Lol
jpresley
jpresley
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 747
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : Houston, Tx.

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by jpresley on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:24 am

I could be way off base here, but I think that this whole Vienna tribute thing is part of something bigger. I've got no special affection for Jermaine, but is he REALLY this clueless that he would announce people who haven't confirmed?? Do we really think that Katherine would come out and say that the only reason she supported this was because he whined to momma??
jpresley
jpresley
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 747
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01
Leeftijd : 47
Woonplaats : Houston, Tx.

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by just_friend on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:24 am

And WHAT IF Jermaine is trying to confuse the media, but MJJ is actually going to perform and thy need no-one else to paticipate??? (just a thought) Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_smile
just_friend
just_friend
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 232
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 35

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by phoenix on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:25 am

i dont feel sorry for Jermaine he just tries to make money with Michael and now he gets what he deserves...
phoenix
phoenix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 547
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:25 am

My opinion: Smoke & Mirrors





:~ YooHoo ~:
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
MJ_Fan_For_40_yrs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 621
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Jade Cat on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:48 am

I can't really say that I feel sorry for Jermaine at all or anything like that. He's brought all his problems to himself! He deserves all the backlash he will get because of all this. It's so obvious he's not doing this "tribute" for Michael, he's doing it for himself only...and I actually don't trust him at all.


Last edited by Jade Cat on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Jade Cat
Jade Cat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 36
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 36

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Jade Cat on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 am

MJSmile4Us wrote:
nlb wrote:
MJSmile4Us wrote:@ nlb:

thank u for pointing that out Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_biggrin I really feel disgusted at the way Jermaine is behaving - he's not only selling out and exploiting his brother but he is also a conmaan!! boy, it's getting better and better! ! Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_mad

I really can't figure out what Jermaine is trying to accomplish, because IMO it just looks like he is trying to cash in on Michael's name as much as possible.

I know he is Michael's brother and he loves him, but I must say that Jermaine is fast becoming my least fav Jackson. He's making Joe look good!


I couldn't agree with u more - ever since June 25th, I've been seeing his face almost 24/7 Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_mad to be honest I am sick of seeing him and hearing him talk this and that about Michael.. I was so naive, I must admit, to believe his 'I wish it was me' garbage talk..if I knew whatn I know now about him, I wouldn't have given a second thought about his sincerity of that statement..

and plz forgive me if I sound too harsh, but I wonder just how much Jermaine loves Michael?? if he loved Michael and was his backbone, then how can he do this?? his also my least fav. Jackson and lol u r absolutely right - Joe is a 'saint' compared to Jermaine...


Well I really wouldn't say that "Joe is a saint compared to Jermaine" because I think Jermaine has a LOONG way to go before he becomes as conceited and even downright EVIL as Joseph Jackson is! I do think they are pretty close though...like father like son obviously.

But I still think nothing beats torturing your own child physically and mentally his whole life and then selling him into slavery in the music industry, and all this before the child is even 10 years old! Not to mention what he's done to all the other kids too! So yeah, Joe is definitely MUCH worse in my humble opinion. But Jermaine is getting there too. Maybe we should just be glad that he's only using his "dead" brothers fame to stay in the spotlight himself instead of abusing and selling his own kids to the entertainment business just for the cash and fame.
Jade Cat
Jade Cat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 36
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 36

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJJ Love on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 am

just_friend wrote:And WHAT IF Jermaine is trying to confuse the media, but MJJ is actually going to perform and thy need no-one else to paticipate??? (just a thought) Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_smile

I like this thought.
That would be THE BEST EVER.

Does any one know what station will be posting this live on television?
ABS, CBS, NBC, FOX????
MJJ Love
MJJ Love
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 772
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-12
Leeftijd : 44
Woonplaats : Washington D.C.

http://WWW.AlBSureLove.com

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by MJfan777 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:57 am

Jermaine About it:

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute 10868491_525
MJfan777
MJfan777
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 316
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by yaya on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 am

MJalive wrote:Jermaine About it:

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute 10868491_525

LOL!
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 36
Woonplaats : Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by yaya on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am

MJJ Love wrote:
just_friend wrote:And WHAT IF Jermaine is trying to confuse the media, but MJJ is actually going to perform and thy need no-one else to paticipate??? (just a thought) Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Icon_smile

I like this thought.
That would be THE BEST EVER.

Does any one know what station will be posting this live on television?
ABS, CBS, NBC, FOX????

i've been wondering the same thing! i was thinking it would be showing on at least a couple stations, like ABC (which i don't like) and NBC. at least i hope so!
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04
Leeftijd : 36
Woonplaats : Central Texas

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by annieisnotokey on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:38 am

ballongiraf wrote:if the claim that they've sold half the tickets already is true, then he's in some big trouble. The show is what.. 2 weeks away? If he cant bring performers SOON, this whole thing will need to be cancelled....

Now Jermaine will have to fake his death!! lol!
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 44
Woonplaats : WPP

Back to top Go down

Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute Empty Re: Blige says no to Jackson's Vienna tribute

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum