Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The VMAs on MTV

+39
jade jackson
iLOVEu
marsheliamorgan
rowdyangel
illusionist
J.J_loves_MJ
Banessa
MJsSuperflyPYT
phyli
kdkennedy74
MiaPaparazzi
Grazzia
MJSmile4Us
MJJ Love
Give.In.To.Me
Jade Cat
aamj07
emanviam
I.Run.Away
EarthAngel90
neverlandprincess
Sweet1
bibi
sapatito
YveLoVesMJ
michaelinspiresme
nlb
DreamsComeTrue
Starsun_
annieisnotokey
CantStopLovingU
MJfan777
WanaBstartnSthn
hungry
MJFoReVeRandAlways
mysticallymagestically
Pammy
GirlSaturday
yaya
43 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Empty Re: The VMAs on MTV

Post by Grazzia Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:38 pm

this is it ...waw
it was just amazing...i loved it
but i fell like everytime something new about mj it's shown on tv i fell...like i'm loosing hope...
Grazzia
Grazzia

Aantal berichten : 19
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamsComeTrue Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:38 pm

That was beautiful! Michael is beautiful!

Does anyone have the feeling that parts of the trailer were shoot especially to promote the MOVIE?!?!?!

I really have that feeling!

Last edited by DreamsComeTrue on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DreamsComeTrue
DreamsComeTrue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 558
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-11
Leeftijd : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:39 pm

nlb wrote:
annieisnotokey wrote:Did you see the THIS IS IT trailer?
It didn't blow off my socks, TBH. Shocked

AHHH I missed it, I left the room for a minute and my husband changed the channel The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_neutral .

Tomorrow he becomes my EX-husband The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Affraid The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol

You SHOULD divorce him. lol!

You can watch the trailer here: http://www.thisisit-movie.com/
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Cat Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Yes the trailer is here!!! WOW!! The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_biggrin Finally!
Jade Cat
Jade Cat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 36
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by hungry Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:40 pm

nlb wrote:

AHHH I missed it, I left the room for a minute and my husband changed the channel The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_neutral .

Tomorrow he becomes my EX-husband The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Affraid The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol
OMG The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL!!!!
That was hilarious Smile
hungry
hungry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 635
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:40 pm

[quote="MJSmile4Us"]
nlb wrote:Here I think this one will work sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4SbHFKV67w[/quote]

thank u so much The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_smile

Your Welcome The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_smile
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:40 pm

I am sorry they showed a trailer of the This Is It movie. It had coverage from some of his previous work over the years. Jermaine and Joe didn't look to happy. I will wait for the DVD. Keep the Faith!
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 886
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:42 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:
nlb wrote:

You SHOULD divorce him. lol!

You can watch the trailer here: http://www.thisisit-movie.com/

The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol who would blame me? The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_razz Thanks for the link
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm re-watching the opening tribute. Again, Janet's looks said it all.
The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_twisted The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Lol
Song selection notes:
Thriller - This entire hoax mystery has been just that.
Bad - As in good since only MJ could pull this off at such a high level.
Smooth Criminal - If faking death is a crime then guess what type of criminal he is...lol.
Scream - The middle finger salute to all of the MJ haters.

Last edited by GirlSaturday on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm

I only got to watch the very end of the VMA where Jay Z and Alicia performed. and from what I read from what u guys have posted, I am very happy that I didn't watch the whole thing, bcoz it is surely the most pathetic VMA of all time..this was not about Michael Jackson - it was about all those egostic self-obsessed 'artists'..the only decent and worth-watching part of the whole show was Janet's performance. not even the part where dancers danced to Michael's hits were not good enough - and I think why were the dancers focussed on when it should have been on Michael???

And I really wanted to stop watching when I saw Jermaine's face - and now he's trying to dress like Michael? he's pathetic and should really wake up to reality The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_evil

I think Janet surpassed people's (at least mine anyway) expectations tonight and I think she made her brother Michael very proud. The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_smile

Last edited by MJSmile4Us on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CantStopLovingU Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:57 pm

And I really wanted to stop watching when I saw Jermaine's face - and now he's trying to dress like Michael? he's pathetic and should really wake up to reality The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_evil

Did you see JErmaines face after the trailer was over? He said something but I couldnt figure it out. Also what the heck is he trying to dress like MJ - This was his last big night in the spot light, I hope he wakes up to reality - Jermaine is not going to be a star he really needs to get that through his thick skull
CantStopLovingU
CantStopLovingU
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 755
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:02 pm

CantStopLovingU:

I couldn't figure it out either The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_scratch ugh it just makes my skin crawl and every cell of my body loathes Jermaine. The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_evil I just wish he would STOP showing his face and stop giving interviews - and what makes him even more pathetic is that he looks so desperate for media attention like a dog with its tongue hung out when the food is thrown at its face!
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Cat Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:03 pm

This show was NO tribute to MJ at all! I completely missed the beginning and Janet's show and and mostly I just saw little bits here and there...and most of the stuff I saw were actually commercials! I really don't get Lady GAGA and her success at all and the whole thing was pretty painful to watch to be honest. But weren't they clever over at MTV to say there's going to be this big tribute to MJ and then then they just had Janet in the very beginning and the trailer at the very end of the show! What a great sneaky way to get all Michael's fans to watch the whole show...

It's just sick how they treat him over there...he MADE MTV!! They wouldn't even exist without him, and this is how they honor his influence? No wonder if Janet was annyoned. I am too actually very much.MTV and Eminem suck!
And Michael PLEASE come back soon! This new generation of teenagers REALLY doesn't understand what real good music and entertainment is anymore...They have been totally brainwashed by crap, I feel sorry for them really. Real talent doesn't matter at all anymore....it's all about how short or strange your dress is.
Jade Cat
Jade Cat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaPaparazzi Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:05 pm

GirlSaturday wrote:Not sure. I didn't see anything mentioned on the website.

I do have the pre-show on keeping company as I work. I did see an interesting white glittery wheelchair being pushed inside Radio City Music Hall.

Did anyone else notice that? The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_scratch

That was in Lady Gaga's performance.
MiaPaparazzi
MiaPaparazzi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 260
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-02
Leeftijd : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Jade Cat:

I couldn't agree with u more!! both MTV and Oprah wouldn't be where they are today if it weren't 4 Michael and yet he is treated with so much disrepsct and 2night's VMA was another huge insult to him...

I think Lady Gaga rose to fame (whatever that may mean)bcoz she couldn't cover herself up - those who have no talent has to do SOMETHING to attract attention?? The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_mad

I think it's totally understandable if Janet was angry at the way MTV went about setting up a 'Tribute' show for Michael..I hated every aspect of the show except for Janet's performance. The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_mad
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Cat Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Seriously what the hell IS Lady Gaga supposed to be anyway? She just looks like a strange fashion show to me.And I don't mean to be judgemental or anything but her main thing really seems to be wearing weird outfits all the time...and I mean REALLY weird! I'm very glad I'm 26 at the moment and not 16! Damn, the young people really get fed with some incredibly superficial "artists" these days. It wasn't THIS bad when I was younger 10 years ago. Back then we at least had SOME real music that mattered! Now we just have Britney Spears and Beyonce a sthe "best" examples. Things are BAD!
Jade Cat
Jade Cat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:18 pm

I really miss the 90's, Michael's dangerous era...I remember watching his BLack or White video and as u mentioned those years had the best time in terms of the decency of the music that were being prduced at the time.. that's why I don't listen to radio anymore - they play too much music that are not worth being played..
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Jade Cat wrote:This show was NO tribute to MJ at all! I completely missed the beginning and Janet's show and and mostly I just saw little bits here and there...and most of the stuff I saw were actually commercials! I really don't get Lady GAGA and her success at all and the whole thing was pretty painful to watch to be honest. But weren't they clever over at MTV to say there's going to be this big tribute to MJ and then then they just had Janet in the very beginning and the trailer at the very end of the show! What a great sneaky way to get all Michael's fans to watch the whole show...

It's just sick how they treat him over there...he MADE MTV!! They wouldn't even exist without him, and this is how they honor his influence? No wonder if Janet was annyoned. I am too actually very much.MTV and Eminem suck!
And Michael PLEASE come back soon! This new generation of teenagers REALLY doesn't understand what real good music and entertainment is anymore...They have been totally brainwashed by crap, I feel sorry for them really. Real talent doesn't matter at all anymore....it's all about how short or strange your dress is.

Amen! I was so disappointed. I do believe MTV did that to have all of MJ fans watch for high ratings. Everyone tuned in around the world to see the Tribute to MJ on the VMA's. OMG! Janet performed once and the end the trailer to This is It left alot be desired. That show wasn't entertaining to me at all. Where was the Tribute to MJ is my question? Keep the Faith!
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdkennedy74 Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm

I have not been on at all this weekend but could not wait to get back after the VMA's. Here is my take on everything:

Madonna's speech about Michael was very in your face. She noted how the world treated him and also took blame with her own actions of losing touch. Then Janet's performance was AMAZING!!! Yes I agree that she looked very pissed to put it mildly. It was also very in your face and I wonder if she isn't angry at all of the hypocrits that belittled and talked down about Michael all of these years and now they just LOVE him. There were numerous hypocrits sitting in that audience tonight. Over the years many so called celebs wouldn't acknowledge him or would make jokes about him or his appearance but now...OMG they claim Michael was their idol...there will never be another like the original so they can all just give up.

Kanye West is a huge A$$HOLE (sorry). What he done to Taylor Swift tonight just shows the type of person he is. I personally will never spend any more of my money on his music. He is a jerk and deserves to lose his recording contract and all that goes with it. His behavior was rude and unforgivable.

Beyonce, on the other hand, is an amazing class act. That is the only way that I know to describe her. Knowing that this was a huge award for her and that she gave up her moment in the spotlight so that Taylor could finish her speech was remarkable. I have always liked her and tonight I like her even more.

The This Is It trailer...well it left me wanting more. However, I watched the VMA's with my best friend and we were both in amazement at how much footage they apparently have and it was all recorded in high definition. That makes me believe the hoax theory even more. And again, Michael does not look frail and sickly in any of that footage IMHO. So therefore that just makes the paramedics statement of him even more suspicious.

I am "keeping the faith" and still fully believe that he is alive. Now I don't know that he will ever come back, especially if he did this in order to live a normal life, but I do believe that everything we have been told regarding his death is complete and total BS!!!!
kdkennedy74
kdkennedy74
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 836
Leeftijd : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Cat Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Did anyone else get the feeling that maybe it wasn't the "real" Michael in most of that trailer or maybe not at all?
Jade Cat
Jade Cat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdkennedy74 Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Jade Cat wrote:Did anyone else get the feeling that maybe it wasn't the "real" Michael in most of that trailer or maybe not at all?

I kept noticing the headset on the left and that did make me suspicious but they showed the scenes so fast that now I just can't wait to see the movie so that I can analyze it. Even more so I am ready for the DVD so that I can pause and study where I need to!
kdkennedy74
kdkennedy74
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Cat Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:40 pm

I just want to see Janet's performance SO badly! I hope it's on youtube soon! I missed the WHOLE beginning of the show...Russell Brand also got on my nerves SO much during it! He's just disgusting and not funny at all. I really felt like most of the things I got to see were commercials, they had these incredible 20 minute commercial brakes and that's all I could basically see...then during the actual show the live footage would just cut off! Very annoying.
Jade Cat
Jade Cat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticallymagestically Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Youtube is deleting everything from the VMA's because MTV has a copyright on it.
mysticallymagestically
mysticallymagestically
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 113
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-15
Leeftijd : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by kdkennedy74 Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Jade Cat wrote:I just want to see Janet's performance SO badly! I hope it's on youtube soon! I missed the WHOLE beginning of the show...Russell Brand also got on my nerves SO much during it! He's just disgusting and not funny at all. I really felt like most of the things I got to see were commercials, they had these incredible 20 minute commercial brakes and that's all I could basically see...then during the actual show the live footage would just cut off! Very annoying.

Go to msn.com and at the bottom under the entertainment section there is a link to it. I will copy it and hopefully it will work.

http://tv.msn.com/2009-mtv-video-music-awards/michael-jackson-tribute/story/feature/?GT1=28103
kdkennedy74
kdkennedy74
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Jade Cat:

nlb posted this link;

MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by phyli Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 pm

Jade Cat, I had that feeling too. I noticed that the legs were different. I mean, in some of the footage, his legs looked big, but in others his legs looked thinner. But the footage was so quick, it was hard to get a good look, but I did watch it a few times and still get that feeling.

As for Madonna's speech, it was poignant.

The tribute performance was very good. I thought the dancers were tight with the videos, and Janet's performance was also very good, but I wanted more! However, it didn't sound like her voice in the beginning - more like Michael's. Someone screwed up the recording cuz I don't think Janet could sound like that even if she tried and she did look po'd at the end. Go Janet!
phyli
phyli
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 55
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:07 pm

kdkennedy74 wrote:
Madonna's speech about Michael was very in your face. She noted how the world treated him and also took blame with her own actions of losing touch. Then Janet's performance was AMAZING!!! Yes I agree that she looked very pissed to put it mildly. It was also very in your face and I wonder if she isn't angry at all of the hypocrits that belittled and talked down about Michael all of these years and now they just LOVE him. There were numerous hypocrits sitting in that audience tonight. Over the years many so called celebs wouldn't acknowledge him or would make jokes about him or his appearance but now...OMG they claim Michael was their idol...there will never be another like the original so they can all just give up.

I totally agree with you on both Madonna's speech and Janet's performance. IF looks could kill, Janet would have killed most of the audience-lol.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:11 pm

btw were the dancers at the VMA r those from O2 tour - and if they were, woudl this explain what some of the dancers' twitter posts meant by 'excited about..' recently?
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm not sure: I found this article, but it doesn't say. It would make sense to use them though, they had been rehearsing MJ songs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/09/13/janet-jackson-honors-michael-with-dance-tribute-at-vmas

Janet Jackson Honors Michael With Dance Tribute at VMAs

9/13/09, 9:31 pm EST

The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 30082702-30082707-slargePhoto: Polk/Getty

With the Jackson family looking on from the audience, Janet Jackson
kicked off the 2009 Video Music Awards with a tribute to her brother,
Michael. Before Janet took the stage however, Madonna emerged
on the darkened stage to reminisce about her experience knowing
Michael, drawing comparisons between their difficult childhoods and the
King of Pop’s everlasting impact on music.
“There is no question Michael Jackson was one of the greatest
talents the world has ever known,” Madonna said to a standing ovation.
“We allowed this magnificent creature that once set the world on fire
to slip through the cracks… He was so unique, so original, so rare and
there will never be anyone like him again. He was a king.”
After Madonna concluded her tribute, the MJ performance began with a
pack of dancers streaming onto the stage to reenact the famed
“Thriller” dance while the song’s classic video projected on the giant
screen. According to reports, dancers, choreographers and Janet herself
were involved in hours of intense rehearsals in preparation for the
tribute befitting of Michael Jackson, an artist who helped put MTV on
the map. “Bad” and “Smooth Criminal” next
featured in the dancers’ compilation of Michael’s most memorable moves,
with the performers all donning some of Jackson’s trademark outfits.
Then, as the opening notes of Jackson’s collaboration with his
sister “Scream” played over the speakers, Janet Jackson smashed through
the set to recreate her duet with her brother. The performance was
meticulously coordinated, with the siblings dancing in unison; Janet on
the stage, Michael on the screen. It was a moving moment and a fitting
way to start an evening that will no doubt feature more tributes to the
King of Pop.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MJsSuperflyPYT Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:20 pm

I didn't get to watch as much as I wanted. I was hoping to catch Janet's performance but that didn't happen. I heard about the Kanye thing and saw how Beyonce gave her moment to Taylor (very nice and sweet of her The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_smile ). I mainly wanted to see the TII trailer. I agree w/ kdkennedy74 in that Mike didn't appear as frail and in poor health as news reports claim. The whole trailer went by so fast it was hard to really see anything. Still can't wait for it though... The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_bounce The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

The one thing that kinda stands out, and maybe this isn't important...idk..., was that at the end of the trailer I saw the words "Den of Thieves". Did anyone notice that?
MJsSuperflyPYT
MJsSuperflyPYT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 95
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Banessa Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:28 am

nlb wrote:
kdkennedy74 wrote:

I totally agree with you on both Madonna's speech and Janet's performance. IF looks could kill, Janet would have killed most of the audience-lol.

Haha! I noticed the same about Janet's look on her face when her performance ended! Its like, here she is, facing a lot of the people who turned their backs on MJ and now here they are celebrating him as if they never did anything! I am so thankful for Madonna's speech. She said exactly what a lot of us wanted to say and it was so "in your face" to everyone who turned their backs, specially the media! Janet's performance AMAZING!!! She looked stunning and beautiful as always! Smile
Banessa
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by J.J_loves_MJ Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:35 am

Well... I didnt see all the VMA performance neither Janets performance but I watched the clip on youtube. She was again nervous, her voice wasnt in her best condition, and her dance wasnt so great. Michael's missing is quite obvious. I am glad that they didnt use the hologram. It would have been very creepy.
As for the trailer... media SUCKS.Sorry for my language but its true. In that trailer I didnt see any old and frail man, a drug addict like the media said about Michael. Totally the opposite. He was the same Michael as ever. Looking great, amazing, fabulous, sexy and adorable.Even he is 51 now, he looks great. God bless him!
J.J_loves_MJ
J.J_loves_MJ
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 143
Leeftijd : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by illusionist Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:03 am

Janet didn't look too happy tonight. That's all I gotta say.
illusionist
illusionist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 367
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-25

http://twitter.com/houdinisghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rowdyangel Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:18 am

Just watched Janet's performance. I agree that she looked very P'd off at the end. Her voice did sound a little peculiar too.

Also watched the TII trailer and I started to cry. Why? I guess I just don't know what to think. I am VERY confused with all of this. I can't make head nor tail of any of it any more Sad

No I must be strong. I still feel that Michael is alive. There are still too many inconsistencies and things that don't add up.

I really feel ill now. Crying or Very sad
rowdyangel
rowdyangel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 462
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:41 am

nlb:
thank ufor posting the article The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_smile as far as I can remember, I don't think I recognized any of the O2 back-up dancers on VMA...
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:48 am

rowdyangel:

I think Janet's voice was rather rougher than usual..and I also felt sad and depressed to some extent watching Janet's performance..watching her perform while Michael wasn't with her but only shown on screen made me feel weird I don't know how to explain The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_cry

I just wish Michael would put all of us out of our misery very soon - he doesn't have to perform ever again but to let us know that he's safe and sound would be all I need to hear The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_smile The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_bounce
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:53 am

rowdyangel wrote:Just watched Janet's performance. I agree that she looked very P'd off at the end. Her voice did sound a little peculiar too.

Also watched the TII trailer and I started to cry. Why? I guess I just don't know what to think. I am VERY confused with all of this. I can't make head nor tail of any of it any more Sad

No I must be strong. I still feel that Michael is alive. There are still too many inconsistencies and things that don't add up.

I really feel ill now. Crying or Very sad

Aww, don't feel bad, most of us have days like this. I believe 100% that Michael is alive and I cried when Madonna spoke and was still crying when Janet performed (I've rewatched it and teared up again)....I didn't even tear up over the burial. You are not alone in your feelings or in that any of this caused you to cry. Actually a good cry does wonders The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_wink . Just follow your heart and don't beat yourself up when you feel down or confused. The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Herz The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_flower The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Herz

@MJSmile4US-your welcome. I agree that something was off about Janet's voice when she started singing.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rowdyangel Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:53 am

MJSmile4Us wrote:rowdyangel:

I think Janet's voice was rather rougher than usual..and I also felt sad and depressed to some extent watching Janet's performance..watching her perform while Michael wasn't with her but only shown on screen made me feel weird I don't know how to explain The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_cry

I just wish Michael would put all of us out of our misery very soon - he doesn't have to perform ever again but to let us know that he's safe and sound would be all I need to hear The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_smile The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_bounce

Thanks MJSmile4Us. I think you hit the nail on the head. I am certain that he is alive but it's the not knowing if he is safe. I pray for him every day. And you're right. no he doesn't have to perform again, but if we could just know for certain that he is OK, that would make it so much easier.

(hugs)
rowdyangel
rowdyangel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aantal berichten : 462
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSmile4Us Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 am

rowdyangel wrote:
MJSmile4Us wrote:rowdyangel:

Thanks MJSmile4Us. I think you hit the nail on the head. I am certain that he is alive but it's the not knowing if he is safe. I pray for him every day. And you're right. no he doesn't have to perform again, but if we could just know for certain that he is OK, that would make it so much easier.

(hugs)

no problem and Hugs ya back The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_biggrin and it also helps me whenever I feel like losing faith to remember that the Jacksons have been in the entertainment industry for decades and they would know the ins & outs of it, and they would know surely how to play the media to make them and us to believe wht they want us to believe The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_wink Keep the faith! The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_smile
MJSmile4Us
MJSmile4Us
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mysticallymagestically Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:03 am

Yeah, Janet didn't look happy at all. At first I thought it was because she was keeping the mood of the video (because both of them are quite serious at the end of Scream), but then I thought it's strange because she didn't even break her serious face after the audience started clapping...normally when people are on stage they break face by at least acknowledging the audience after some time. And then on top of that, the circumstances would be that it's a bittersweet event so if she didn't look happy, I'd expect some kind of emotion (like tears). But no, she only looked up and kept looking angry.
mysticallymagestically
mysticallymagestically
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 113
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-15
Leeftijd : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by marsheliamorgan Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:34 am

sorry i didnt think that was much of a tribute show,i thought basically it was going to have more tributes to him i was EXTREMLY disappointed in it.and i just remember when the "music"had a story to it.michael was SO much better than that.i dont think they did him much justice in this.just my opinion.
marsheliamorgan
marsheliamorgan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 612
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CantStopLovingU Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:57 am

Jade Cat wrote:Seriously what the hell IS Lady Gaga supposed to be anyway? She just looks like a strange fashion show to me.And I don't mean to be judgemental or anything but her main thing really seems to be wearing weird outfits all the time...and I mean REALLY weird! I'm very glad I'm 26 at the moment and not 16! Damn, the young people really get fed with some incredibly superficial "artists" these days. It wasn't THIS bad when I was younger 10 years ago. Back then we at least had SOME real music that mattered! Now we just have Britney Spears and Beyonce a sthe "best" examples. Things are BAD!

I know! I Know! My son is 14 and he gets all upset saying "Our generation IS HORRIBLE! We dont even have any real entertainers like you had with Micheal"

Why do you think that like Madonna said and it is true in my house and my nieces and nephews that there is a whole new generation of kids that are IN LOVE and OBSESSED with Michael because NOW they see what real TALENT is!
CantStopLovingU
CantStopLovingU
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 755
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 am

previous generations put mine to shame. i'm 25 and most of the music i listen to is from the 70s, 80s and 90s. no one will EVER top michael and i think the VMAs last night didn't even come close to a tribute. at the end, didn't the host say the show would have made michael proud? well i think not! the show sucked and it was not fit for any king. and i'm sorry if anyone is a fan, but i will never see what is so special about lady gaga. the only thing outstanding about her is her ridiculous costumes. a real tribute to michael would not even include her.

the only reason i expected more from the awards was cuz it was supposed to be about michael, but that happened to not be so. it reminded me of why i haven't watched them since i was like 13. other than janet's performance and the trailer, it was a waste.
yaya
yaya
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 786

Back to top Go down

Post by iLOVEu Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:06 am

I agree, things aren't looking too well form my point of view. Michael set some standards and although some performers claim to be inspired by him there's no one who can touch those heights.

I have nothing against Lady Gaga's originality and i have to admit she is bold but i can't feel anything when she sings and i think that it's not enough to do what she does, you have to feel it and you need to have class and depth. i'm not really Pink's fan but i prefer her over Lady Gaga anytime.

It's about making ART but these people just want to do some shows.

And it's not only about the performances, look at the songs...most of them aren't melodic, the lyrics aren't deep...these songs just don't transport us to magical lands, like Michael's songs did for example.

We need him so much!
iLOVEu
iLOVEu
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 90
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Empty The wheelchair

Post by jade jackson Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:40 am

MJFoReVeRandAlways wrote:i noticed the wheel chair too

I think the wheelchair girl was part of Lady Gaga's act. Remember the dancing girl in the wheelchair?
jade jackson
jade jackson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by AugustMoon Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:00 am

DreamsComeTrue wrote:Oh my! Lady Gaga is one of the best products of...Music Corporations (owend by Illuminati)! Sorry to mention this, but please...open your eyes!
How can you wear something like that on the stage!?
I bet that in a few years artists will perform naked! The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Icon_mad

who else would sing a song about paparazi,disgusting
AugustMoon
AugustMoon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 195
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-14
Leeftijd : 43

Back to top Go down

The VMAs on MTV - Page 4 Empty Lady Gaga's presence an insult to Michael

Post by jade jackson Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:04 am

The wheelchair was part of Lady Gag Gag's act. Her performance pretty much ruined the show for me. What an insult that she would appear as part of an MVA tribute show for Michael. Just had to say that. The woman, outer space scary person, gave me nightmares last night.
jade jackson
jade jackson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet1 Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 am

When MJ wrote songs he wrote them from the depth of his soul. These new artists are superficial. They have no real deepth so they must put on a show to deflect their lack of talent. It's perfectly clear to me. Lady Gaga is a good example. She's more known for the way she dresses than her voice. MJ did have high standards. I am sure if he had been present he would have had seasoned artists. Janet did have an angry look on her face and I am sure it was about what Madonna had said in her opening statement. I think when Madonna spoke about MJ not having a childhood it struck a nerve with her backstage. Madonna was talking about Joe. She didn't like that. I don't care what goes on with anyone in the Jackson family they always stand up for one another against the world. They are the Jacksons. Keep the Faith!
Sweet1
Sweet1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jade jackson Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 am

I love Janet Jackson, but I also thought she gave a strange performance. She seemed angry, but I am not sure at what.
jade jackson
jade jackson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dontmakeitfactual Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:10 am

iLOVEu wrote:It's about making ART but these people just want to do some shows.

And it's not only about the performances, look at the songs...most of them aren't melodic, the lyrics aren't deep...these songs just don't transport us to magical lands, like Michael's songs did for example.

We need him so much!

Spot on!

Last night I was listening to History (Disc 2), and, it didn't matter that I have listened to these songs like millions of times, my hairs were standing on end. I had this sudden emotional rush, and I was just like...this is the real thing, this is what it is about...And I felt so proud, and privileged, that I, and you guys, are able to take this enormous pleasure from his art. Of course he is admired and respected all over the globe, but some people cannot really tell where the difference lies between Michael Jackson and any other new wannabe. Not everyone is able -for whatever reason- to see the special magic, the special talent, the communication powers of this great man.

I'm a classical musician, you know, and save MJ's, I don't listen to popular music. Ok, I do admire some good artists of past decades;
Now I couldn't care less about what's going on the radio nowadays. (I mean, I've tried but it just doesn't do anything to me!).I feel amazingly strongly touched by MJ, I admire him beyond admiration, and I know that, at least while I'm around in this world, no one will ever get close to a fraction of what he IS.

Last edited by dontmakeitfactual on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
dontmakeitfactual
dontmakeitfactual
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 177
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next