Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about AEG Live. I need your thoughts!

3 posters

Go down

Questions about AEG Live. I need your thoughts! Empty Questions about AEG Live. I need your thoughts!

Post by mjssoulmate Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Ok, I just had a thought! Sorry, if this has been discussed before.

I was wondering, since AEG Live owns both the Staple Center in LA and the O2 arena in London, what exactly would they have to lose by not going through with the announced concerts? They would have to reimburse the sold tickets, but what else? How long would it take for them to fill the dates with other performers?
Another thing I was wondering: "Was there nothing scheduled at the Staple Center from March till July? No concerts, sports events, etc. Would they have had to break down everything from rehearsals when another event was scheduled?" It sounded to me like they rehearsed almost nightly. Does that seem odd to anyone else?

Your thoughts?

Last edited by mjssoulmate on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
mjssoulmate
mjssoulmate
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1043
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Questions about AEG Live. I need your thoughts! Empty Re: Questions about AEG Live. I need your thoughts!

Post by Harleyblonde Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Good question. I dont know the implications and how the refunds work but I came across this on the internet;

AEG benefited from global interest in the death of Michael Jackson by hosting a public memorial service at Staples Center, a prominent music venue in Los Angeles and home of the Grammy Museum. The event included security and logistical support by the City of Los Angeles totaling $4 million. City Council members and local media have called for the cost of the memorial incurred by the City to be paid for by the Jackson family and/or AEG, instead of the city taxpayer.
AEG has also been accused of attempting to profit from the death of Michael Jackson, who was due to perform at London's 02 Arena in 2009/2010. While refunds of the approximately 750,000 tickets (at £55–£75 each plus £9 booking fee per ticket) are available to customers that request it, the promoter has offered to send out "souvenir" tickets providing fans of the singer waive their right to the refund.[4]
Many fans believe this is an unfair proposal as customers were already due to receive the tickets, and had paid to attend the concerts. They therefore feel that a souvenir tickets is an unsuitable and expensive substitute for the live performance, and that a partial refund should also be offered, or that the monies raised donated to a charity.
The company estimates that between 40–50% of its customers will request the original tickets in lieu of the refund, which will save the company $40 million in refunds. This is in addition to future profits from any material that forms a part of the "This Is It" concerts - the intellectual property of AEG.[5]
This has led to a sense of betrayal and exploitation by the company whose president, Randy Phillips, was quoted as saying: "Since he [Jackson] loved his fans in life, it is incumbent upon us to treat them with the same reverence and respect after his death."
Harleyblonde
Harleyblonde
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1215

Back to top Go down

Questions about AEG Live. I need your thoughts! Empty Re: Questions about AEG Live. I need your thoughts!

Post by mjssoulmate Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:09 pm

"Since he [Jackson] loved his fans in life, it is incumbent upon us to treat them with the same reverence and respect after his death."

Shouldn't they then do as fans asked?
mjssoulmate
mjssoulmate
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1043

Back to top Go down

Post by 4evermichael71 Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Exactly!
4evermichael71
4evermichael71
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1326
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-29
Leeftijd : 53

http://www.myspace.com/4.ever.michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down