Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson: Black Revolutionary

3 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson: Black Revolutionary Empty Michael Jackson: Black Revolutionary

Post by MJonMyMind Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:21 pm

MJonMyMind
MJonMyMind
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 191
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson: Black Revolutionary Empty Re: Michael Jackson: Black Revolutionary

Post by juliet Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks MJONMYMIND for the YT link. The guy's entitled to his own opinion but I don't think MJ is a black revolutionist. He doesn't believe in racial discrimination, he believes in mankind as a whole irregardless of the color of the skin. He believes in fairness and equality, and not just because he is black, but because he is a human being.
juliet
juliet
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 731
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson: Black Revolutionary Empty Re: Michael Jackson: Black Revolutionary

Post by looking4truth Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Thanks for posting! I was thinking this when I started to dive deeper into MJ's life and the reasons behind some of his decisions. Unfortunately, it took his death or "death" for me to truly see it. Even though, I never questioned whether he was proud of his blackness at all but I also never realized the obvious messages of Black empowerment in his songs, short films and public actions. I was very young when Remember The Time came out but I remember being so excited to see it. I'm glad I saw that as a child and I now know the major impact that probably had on me subconsciously then and consciously now.

I also want to say that I wish I heard his speeches about the music industry, humanity, childhood that he did later on in his career. I never knew about these speeches until AFTER his death or "death" (Sorry I don't know how to say it so I say both lol). I actually didn't know a lot about him, the man until after his transition.

It's just like the old saying goes, I didn't know what I had until it was gone. I wish I appreciated him more while he was here...in front of our faces.

Anyway, I hope people, especially Black people, see this documentary. He may have been different than others but that doesn't mean he was asleep. He was definitely awake and wanted others to be awaken too, not just Black people but all humanity to the injustices in the world.

MJ is right "THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US" so we shouldn't depend on them to help US. They won't. We have to help ourselves, starting with ourselves and eventually others.
looking4truth
looking4truth
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 185
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by looking4truth Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:00 pm

juliet wrote:Thanks MJONMYMIND for the YT link. The guy's entitled to his own opinion but I don't think MJ is a black revolutionist. He doesn't believe in racial discrimination, he believes in mankind as a whole irregardless of the color of the skin. He believes in fairness and equality, and not just because he is black, but because he is a human being.

I respect your opinion and I actually agree but I do want to point something out. Being a black revolutionist does not equate to being racist or discriminatory towards other races. Being a black revolutionist is about uplifting the Black race, which MJ, in a sense, was doing through his actions. However, I do think he was not just about uplifting his own race but rather the collective human race as well. Actually, uplifting mankind, the animal kingdom, planet earth--our whole world basically.
looking4truth
looking4truth
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks,LOOKIN4TRUTH. My point is that the perspective should have been A REVOLUTIONIST. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and respect your opinions.
juliet
juliet
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 731
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by looking4truth Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:17 pm

juliet wrote:Thanks,LOOKIN4TRUTH. My point is that the perspective should have been A REVOLUTIONIST. Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and respect your opinions.

I can dig it. Michael Jackson: Black Revolutionary Icon_rr
looking4truth
looking4truth
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down