Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive...

4 posters

Go down

If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive... Empty If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive...

Post by applesaucers Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:49 pm

the millions of angles, the super-duper high quality, MJ's random voiceover about the Earth, the very random interviews of the dancers/singers/etc REALLY doesn't make sense to me if it was only for the archives. The clip after the credits had me going; "HELL YES, MJ!" If he was REALLY gone, why show that specific clip after the credits?

Did it say the footage was for the reality show, too, right? Or was I imagining that?

Oh, yeah and the Billie Jean segment made me lose my Skittles in the aisles. Thanks, MJ. lol.
applesaucers
applesaucers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 66
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive... Empty Re: If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive...

Post by applesaucers Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm itching to see it again...

*goes to find online*
applesaucers
applesaucers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aantal berichten : 66
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive... Empty Re: If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive...

Post by MJonMyMind Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:19 pm

Maybe it's that rare footage of Jackson interacting plainly with his collaborators that makes the movie worth watching. Rolling with no knowledge about his impending demise, the cameras don't catch Jackson in a guarded, exclusive interview, or a weak, creepy moment. Instead, he is working in his element; incredibly serious and capable, in full command of the army of musicians, dancers, lighting and set crews that are bringing his vision to life"You have to let it simmer," says Jackson to musical director Michael Bearden at the end of an updated "Smooth Criminal" sequence that boasts Humphrey Bogart footage. "Just bathe in the moonlight He's talking strangely about the music, but you get the feeling he's conveying the point beautifully There are dark or uneasy moments, too. Some of the footage features Jackson in a black tee shirt featuring a glowering Popeye counting money. A gangster take on the old cartoon, worn by a celebrity whose unimaginable wealth and love for entertaining children played out in excruciating and disturbing ways, brings up all kinds of thoughts .Close-up shots of Jackson's face and body are spooky too; he's emaciated and--to some at least--a bit ghastly from plastic surgery. During some Jackson Five revival material, he visibly struggles with the vocal, then stops performing completely and says the in-ear monitor is like a "fist driving into my ear." In some of the footage, three of the pop star's fingers are taped up, and one wonders if they were part of his skin or other health problems But even when things go quite wrong--like when the band misses one of his cues or a dancer fails to mirror his gesture to the crowd--Jackson presents his critique in a way that is honest, humble and even gentle, often invoking his love for whomever is screwing things up. It's almost otherworldly, watching Jackson communicate with no apparent trace of ego. During rehearsals for "Earth Song," a track that features heavy imagery of a girl trying to save a butterfly and rain-forest plant from encroaching fiery bulldozers, Jackson speaks over the film:

"We have to remind the world that love is important. We are all one. That's important to remember." Heavy-handed? Maybe, but this is pop, and Michael Jackson has been known to make people believe. Lots of questions remain about who and why Michael Jackson was. “This Is It” puts to rest any questions about who he could be, to all of us

Comments above i found very interesting
MJonMyMind
MJonMyMind
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 191
Registratiedatum : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by neverlandprincess Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 pm

The companion souvenier book talks bout the way it was made...KO says "we thought you know it could be used for something in the future,maybe a "making of" later".

Make sense because that is totally what it was...funny Randy Phillips says it was accident and the beg of film says it was for MJ personal library-and KO says that in the book as well but says they did it the way they did for possible other reasons...the show was gonna be all that and a bag of chips so if it had hit then they WOULD want footage like that. Sorry I still believe the shows WERE meant to happen and I'm not seeing 33 clues yet. The Gilda scene...maybe. The after the credits "Let me breathe in my own time when I come back in"...could be or it could be a cute scene of MJ striking a pose...who knows. If he is doing this to bite Sony/AEG in the rear then the movie may not be a going point you know. I went and seen it again tonight-you know that scene where ther is a voice over of KO saying "there is a depth to Michael people really don't know"...that is not in the movie.
neverlandprincess
neverlandprincess

Aantal berichten : 1398
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-05
Leeftijd : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Human_nature Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:21 am

@neverlandprincess

Yes, Kenny says the 2-3 hrs bonus on the DVD will be "The making of" AH! If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive... Icon_clown If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive... Icon_pirat

@applesaucers

the Billie Jean segment...was.... If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive... Icon_bounce If the taped rehearsals were meant for MJ's personal archive... Fresse

and Michael always taped everything, but now, it's not only for personal archive..I really don't think Wink
Human_nature
Human_nature
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 2430
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down