Michael Jackson Death Hoax Investigators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest?

+5
hungry
Rach
annieisnotokey
mjssoulmate
nlb
9 posters

Go down

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Empty Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest?

Post by nlb Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:08 pm

I just found this while looking up some additional info on decoys. I know the theory of doubles is a touchy one, I'm not trying to sway anyone. My only intention with this is to show you something I found interesting and that it is more common than one might think.
I doubt we all will ever agree on the use of doubles, which is fine and TBH it would be boring if we all agreed on the same things. I also wanted to share this because of the reference to Charlie Chaplin-as fans we all know that MJ admired Charlie Chaplin. This makes me wonder if MJ knew about this as well Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_wink .

The things I found most interesting are in bold blue like this.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Political_decoy#encyclopedia
Decoying: theory and practice

The practice of decoying is essentially little different from the
profession of celebrity lookalike, in which people mimic famous entertainers whom they resemble. The only difference is that the 'lookalike' presents an acknowledged artifice.
The decoy must conceal his or her imposture from the 'audience'.

There is little research available on the probabilities and other factors involved in finding a physical 'double' for any given person; however, there are only so many permutations of the human physiognomy and the growth in the field of professional 'lookalikes' suggests that the odds against finding a 'double' might not be as high as they are popularly imagined to be.

In 2001, Poland hosted the first-ever doppelganger convention, to which lookalikes from across the country turned up, offering the unlikely spectacle of Stalin hobnobbing with Elizabeth Taylor. Nearly all the doppelgangers at the event had complemented their resemblance to a famous person by costume.

Indeed, the justly-famous incident in which Charlie Chaplin (at
the height of his fame) failed to get through to the final selection in a 'Charlie Chaplin Look-alike' contest suggests that preconceptions byobservers can be just as important as any physical resemblance when it comes to impersonation.

However, there is a grey area in the 'lookalike' trade. Some 'lookalikes' actually stop mimicking their targets and start pretending to be them.

Comedian Robin WilliamsRobin Williams is one such victim, whose identity was allegedly 'stolen' by professional look-alike Michael Clayton, for financial reasons.

But if the lookalike is a double for a political or other official figure,
the results could be far more important. Professional Lookalikes who bear an exceptional resemblance to high profile individuals, include Prince William's look-alike Matthew Turpin.

The potential strategic uses of such impersonators are immediately apparent and have been made use of many times throughout history.

If the political decoy bears an overwhelming resemblance to their target and has been thoroughly trained, such impersonation can be almost impossible to detect, even at close range, without recourse to forensic science.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 764
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-17
Leeftijd : 51

Back to top Go down

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Empty Re: Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest?

Post by mjssoulmate Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Wow. Charlie Cahplin couldn't portray himself. Incredible. Preconceptions are powerful.
mjssoulmate
mjssoulmate
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1043
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Empty Re: Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest?

Post by annieisnotokey Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:29 pm

lol!

Yes, I did know! Razz

I told everybody to do some research on political decoys.

I said:
"PS: I encourage you to do some research on political decoys. It’s a VERY interesting topic. You’ll be surprised."
http://datrootwillprevail.blogspot.com/2009/08/07-world-war-ii-political-decoys-and.html

Thank goodness some people actually paid attention!!

cheers
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1751
Registratiedatum : 2009-07-28
Leeftijd : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Ok Nicole, I freaking love you!

I stand by what I said in chat about some serious feet kissing!!
Rach
Rach

Aantal berichten : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:44 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol

Yes, I did know! Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_razz

I told everybody to do some research on political decoys.

I said:
"PS: I encourage you to do some research on political decoys. It’s a VERY interesting topic. You’ll be surprised."
http://datrootwillprevail.blogspot.com/2009/08/07-world-war-ii-political-decoys-and.html

Thank goodness some people actually paid attention!!

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_cheers

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol Annie, I figured that you would already know this! Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_razz You as always are right, this is interesting. It took me awhile, but I reading up on it now. Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_study Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_study Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_study Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_study

@Rach LMAO so true!!! loves ya too
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:49 pm

nlb wrote:
Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol Annie, I figured that you would already know this! Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_razz You as always are right, this is interesting. It took me awhile, but I reading up on it now. Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_study Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_study Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_study Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_study

You are my favorite student now.
You deserve an A+

lol!
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hungry Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:51 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:
nlb wrote:

You deserve an A+

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol
Surprised Surprised I WANT ONE TOO.
I better go re-read your theory now...
hungry
hungry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 635
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:02 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:
nlb wrote:

You deserve an A+

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_cheers Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_cheers Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_cheers Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol Wow favorite and an A+ , woohoo my lucky day! Don't be too jealous Rach- Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_razz
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm not jealous!

Annie just sent me a tweet saying "Love you sis"!!!

Suck on that Razz Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol
Rach
Rach

Aantal berichten : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:05 pm

hungry wrote:
Surprised Surprised I WANT ONE TOO.
I better go re-read your theory now...

You go and study hard, Hungry.
A multiple choice test will be administered by the end of the week to determine who is my best student! lol!
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Really? Ha then that is who I will sitting next to during the next test. Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol

annieisnotokey wrote:
nlb wrote:

You deserve an A+

GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Aantal berichten : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:02 pm

You are my new best friend and we will be sitting next to each other during Annie's tests.

nlb wrote:
annieisnotokey wrote:
nlb wrote:

You deserve an A+

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_cheers Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_cheers Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_cheers Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol Wow favorite and an A+ , woohoo my lucky day! Don't be too jealous Rach- Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_razz
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:32 pm

GirlSaturday wrote:You are my new best friend and we will be sitting next to each other during Annie's tests.

nlb wrote:
annieisnotokey wrote:
nlb wrote:

You deserve an A+

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol That's a lot of pressure, hope I don't crack. Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_razz
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdkennedy74 Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:38 pm

OMG, I have to tell you all this. My daughter is sitting here with me reading this thread and she just out of the blue said, I know where Michael is, he is in Vegas doing a show as a MJ impersonator. I almost spit out my drink from laughing so hard. I didn't expect that to come out of her. Then she says to me, think about it mom, if Charlie Chapman couldn't even pass through as a look-alike for himself, imagine how many idiots there are out there who would never believe MJ was MJ.

She kind of has a point when you think about it!
kdkennedy74
kdkennedy74
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 836
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:44 pm

kdkennedy74 wrote:OMG, I have to tell you all this. My daughter is sitting here with me reading this thread and she just out of the blue said, I know where Michael is, he is in Vegas doing a show as a MJ impersonator. I almost spit out my drink from laughing so hard. I didn't expect that to come out of her. Then she says to me, think about it mom, if Charlie Chapman couldn't even pass through as a look-alike for himself, imagine how many idiots there are out there who would never believe MJ was MJ.

Your kid may not be that far off, you know.
It was rumoured that one of Elvis' impersonators was actually Elvis disguised as Elvis!
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:45 pm

Hiding in plain sight?!

Are any members living in Vegas to check on that for us? That would be funny as hell. People are sitting in the audience amazed and thinking how good the impersonator imitates MJ's every move. Meanwhile, MJ and company are laughing their butts off after each show.

Now that is one theory to believe in.

kdkennedy74 wrote:OMG, I have to tell you all this. My daughter is sitting here with me reading this thread and she just out of the blue said, I know where Michael is, he is in Vegas doing a show as a MJ impersonator. I almost spit out my drink from laughing so hard. I didn't expect that to come out of her. Then she says to me, think about it mom, if Charlie Chapman couldn't even pass through as a look-alike for himself, imagine how many idiots there are out there who would never believe MJ was MJ.

Last edited by GirlSaturday on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:48 pm

GirlSaturday wrote:Hiding in plain sight?!

Are any members living in Vegas to check on that for us? That would be funny as hell. People are sitting in the audience amazed and how good the impersonator imitates MJ's every move. Meanwhile, MJ and company are laughing their butts off after each show.

Now that is one theory.

I can actually picture people saying "Nah, he ain't that good, nobody can move like Michael Jackson" lol!
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:50 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:

Are any members living in Vegas to check on that for us? That would be funny as hell. People are sitting in the audience amazed and how good the impersonator imitates MJ's every move. Meanwhile, MJ and company are laughing their butts off after each show.

Now that is one theory.

I can actually picture people saying "Nah, he ain't that good, nobody can move like Michael Jackson" Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol

Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol and don't forget: "He doesn't even LOOK like Michael." Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_razz
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GirlSaturday Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:51 pm

See I am due for a vacation and you guys have me now contemplating Vegas.

annieisnotokey wrote:

Now that is one theory.

I can actually picture people saying "Nah, he ain't that good, nobody can move like Michael Jackson" Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol
GirlSaturday
GirlSaturday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdkennedy74 Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:54 pm

annieisnotokey wrote:

Now that is one theory.

The sad part is that I would probably be one of those dumba$$ people who said that! However, the other day I was on the site over at my friend's house (she doesn't believe he is dead either but I can't get her to join the forum) and we took note of the Joby impersonator and both of us were completely dumbfounded at how well he performs and we noticed too that he wore his headset on the left like the fake Michael we have all already noted. We also found it odd that he has a contract from Michael claiming to be the official substitute. That really made me start to wonder if we aren't seeing a lot more of him than we realize.
kdkennedy74
kdkennedy74
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aantal berichten : 836
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-05
Leeftijd : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by annieisnotokey Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm

kdkennedy74 wrote:
The sad part is that I would probably be one of those dumba$$ people who said that! However, the other day I was on the site over at my friend's house (she doesn't believe he is dead either but I can't get her to join the forum) and we took note of the Joby impersonator and both of us were completely dumbfounded at how well he performs and we noticed too that he wore his headset on the left like the fake Michael we have all already noted. We also found it odd that he has a contract from Michael claiming to be the official substitute. That really made me start to wonder if we aren't seeing a lot more of him than we realize.

At this point, I'm willing to contemplate every single option.
annieisnotokey
annieisnotokey
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Banessa Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:11 pm

Wow! You girls are all amazing! Nicole thanks for following Annie's advice and following up on the decoys! I will sit next to you during our test Wink Lol

This is great work you did. I had heard about Chaplin being discarded as playing his double "For not looking anything like him" Go figure...what were they looking for in a double to have in order to resemble Chaplin, when they actually get the original and dismiss him! Lol

It wouldn't surprise me at all If MJ is in Vegas performing as a "tribute" artist and people wouldn't know the difference! I think it would be hard for those who believe him to be "dead" to actually even contemplate the idea of any double/performer impersonator to be him!

As for me next time I am in Vegas and I see a Michael "impersonator" you better believe I will be paying close attention to him! Heck not only Vegas anywhere I see one Lol

Wonder what are my chances of actually running into the real one! Lol
Banessa
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nlb Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:42 pm

Banessa wrote:Wow! You girls are all amazing! Nicole thanks for following Annie's advice and following up on the decoys! I will sit next to you during our test Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_wink Lol

This is great work you did. I had heard about Chaplin being discarded as playing his double "For not looking anything like him" Go figure...what were they looking for in a double to have in order to resemble Chaplin, when they actually get the original and dismiss him! Lol

It wouldn't surprise me at all If MJ is in Vegas performing as a "tribute" artist and people wouldn't know the difference! I think it would be hard for those who believe him to be "dead" to actually even contemplate the idea of any double/performer impersonator to be him!

As for me next time I am in Vegas and I see a Michael "impersonator" you better believe I will be paying close attention to him! Heck not only Vegas anywhere I see one Lol

With all the weird things that we have discovered over the last three months chances are pretty high that you could run into him-lol.

Like it was mentioned hiding in plain sight-who would think that? MJ was looking to buy a house in Vegas, Joe lives there, Rebbie lives there, the kids just visited there. Michael being an impersonator could be very plausible.
nlb
nlb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:15 am

Banessa wrote:Wow! You girls are all amazing! Nicole thanks for following Annie's advice and following up on the decoys! I will sit next to you during our test Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_wink Lol

You got that right.

Michael can be anywhere in the world, but I belive him to be in Europe somewhere. I don`t think he is in America these days, mabye he will be before he`s comeback, but I highly doubt that he is now.

One thing is for sure, he will be with his children for christmas, there is noway, he is celebrating christmas without them.

But Good idea with paying close attention to a impersonater if you should see one, get him to look you into the eyes if possible. No, matter what disguise he is wearing, Michael`s eyes never lie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Banessa Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:55 am

MyBelovedMJ wrote:

You got that right.

Michael can be anywhere in the world, but I belive him to be in Europe somewhere. I don`t think he is in America these days, mabye he will be before he`s comeback, but I highly doubt that he is now.

One thing is for sure, he will be with his children for christmas, there is noway, he is celebrating christmas without them.

But Good idea with paying close attention to a impersonater if you should see one, get him to look you into the eyes if possible. No, matter what disguise he is wearing, Michael`s eyes never lie.

You are 100% right!!! MBMJ, Michael's eyes never lie and they are the one thing IMHO that give him away as being him! No one else has those beautiful brown eyes. They are trully transparent to the soul!

@nlb thanks for giving me high hopes! lol
Banessa
Banessa

Aantal berichten : 708
Registratiedatum : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jess.loves.mj Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 am

I did know that about Charlie, but I read that he had come 3rd in the lookalike competition. THIRD! Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Icon_lol

Not only did he not look enough like himself to come first, there was not one but TWO other people that looked more like him than he did! Did you know Charlie Chaplin was ruled out in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike-contest? Lol
jess.loves.mj
jess.loves.mj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Aantal berichten : 102
Registratiedatum : 2009-09-06
Leeftijd : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down